Nom Nom Nom....

Okay so I've been eating 90% clean with the exception of two weekends due to camping and my 30th birthday and I've been doing cardio and strength training and sticking to an average of 1300 to 1400 calories (netting about 800 ish average) a day and not getting much of anywhere so...... I am upping my calories. I would like some friends who actually look at diaries who are also upping their calories. I have some great friends but they rarely look at my diary and I would like more interaction in terms of food and progress while eating. Wholesome food ( except for my skinny cow and smart pop) is a major part of my diet so clean eaters are a plus! Thanks so much!!!

Xoxo
rasgirl24

Replies

• FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    No one :0(
  • ridemhi
    ridemhi Posts: 16 Member
    What is a clean eater
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    What is a clean eater

It just means someone who tries to avoid eating lots of processed foods or eats out frequently. It is not a requirement by any means I just like to get ideas from other peoples diaries that eat similarly to myself :)
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Upping your cals is a great idea. You want to work out your TDEE and then cut by 10-15%.

Come and join the EM2WL (Eat More 2 Weigh Less) community, plenty of like-minded, very supportive people who look very carefully at diaries and macros :)
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    That is a good thing! I am 80 % clean, LOL...... nice to see a healthy good looking New Mexican!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Upping your cals is a great idea. You want to work out your TDEE and then cut by 10-15%.

Come and join the EM2WL (Eat More 2 Weigh Less) community, plenty of like-minded, very supportive people who look very carefully at diaries and macros :)

I did join that group a couple months ago but when I post stuff I don't get much of a response. I think it will be great to have people on my friends list that I can communicate with regularly. :0)
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    That is a good thing! I am 80 % clean, LOL...... nice to see a healthy good looking New Mexican!

You say that like you know something about new Mexicans :)
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    I did join that group a couple months ago but when I post stuff I don't get much of a response. I think it will be great to have people on my friends list that I can communicate with regularly. :0)

Really? I have found the complete opposite. Definitely come back and feel free to add me... but only if you're netting more than your BMR... :)
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    I need to figure out my BMR again I think it's about 1560
  • jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    I came to this topic solely for Tamera's cookie monster reference. No cookie monster...so sad
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Im game... :flowerforyou:

I ate too little for too long on top of training, and I am suffering a lengthy plateau because of it. Been eating more for months now. It is a challenge and takes lots of time and patience to recover from a damaged metabolism. I am very confident after my body learns to "trust" me, I can go back to a small deficit and lose the remaining 10ish pounds.

I eat home cooked meals,lots of fresh produce, lots of protein (and I try to limit supplemental protein) and workout A LOT. I have lots of great friends, but im always willing to help encourage someone SERIOUS about this! Just promise to EAT!

ETA: I eat anywhere between 1900-2700 depending on my workouts... I burn a lot when I workout (i bike to and from the gym... besides my workout AT the gym :wink: )
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member

For the record, that group hasn't really been ANY help to me. My friends are the ones I look to!!!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Add me if you like. I sometimes eat out, but try to keep it to healthy choices (like a grilled chicken salad). Other than that, I'm pretty much eating fresh foods I make myself. I look into diaries occasionally but not every day since I don't always have the time, plus I see a lot of crap processed foods in diaries. It might be nice to see a clean diary once in a while. :smile:
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    I came to this topic solely for Tamera's cookie monster reference. No cookie monster...so sad

Awe! How about this "me like cookies...nomnomnomnom" hehe
  • ChrisStoney

You say that like you know something about new Mexicans :)

I know nothing, you are the first one I met, are you friendly?
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Absolutely! I just asked because I am not Hispanic nor do I have diabetes and people often associate new Mexico with those two things :)
  • ChrisStoney
    Absolutely! I just asked because I am not Hispanic nor do I have diabetes and people often associate new Mexico with those two things :)

Really? I hadn't heard that.. the only thing i heard is you have checkpionts like 50 miles from the border and have to show ID...
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Feel free to add me. I started upping my calories two weeks ago and try to eat clean, usually 90% of the time. Do like my ice cream :)