Low Carb Oopsie Pizza with Cheese - AWESOME!!

lisamarie2181
lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
Hey Guys! If you are doing low carb (or even if your not!!) try this pizza out, it is delicious!!! The crust doesn't get crunchy but it tastes like a REAL pizza!!

C88C378F_zpsd0bae044.jpg

*I put my alterations or things I used in parenthesis

Ingredients -

3 large eggs
1 packet of splenda (or sugar sub of your choice)
dash of salt
pinch of cream of tartar (approx 1/8 tsp)
3 oz cream cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat, could use regular, but do not suggest using fat free)
1/2 tbsp butter

2 cups mozzarella cheese for topping
3/4 cup pizza sauce (I used Trader Joe's fat free pizza sauce)

Seasoning I used for the crust - oregano, basil, salt, pepper, granulated onion, and granulated garlic - no measurements taken just eyeballed.

any additional toppings you like!

Directions -

Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt and cream cheese to the yolks. set aside. Using a mixer, add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and whip until stiff (recipe said about 3-5 minutes, mine took about 6 to 7 min). Next use the mixer to blend the egg yolk mixture. Once blended well, add the seasoning and mix in. Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture, being careful not to break down the egg whites (once mixed batter should look frothy).

Grease (I used the 1/2 tbsp butter) an aluminum disposable pizza pan, and spoon mixture onto the pan (do not pour batter, spoon it in spots on the pan to ensure even thickness), slightly patting the mixture down with spoon to fill into the pan.

Stick the "crust" into the oven and bake for 20 minutes (my oven only took 15 and the top was browned well)

After removing the crust from the oven, stick it in the fridge for approx 7 to 10 minutes to let cool down before adding the sauce.

Turn the oven up to 400 degrees f once you take the crust out of the oven before cooling.

(once cooled, I flipped the crust over before putting on the sauce to ensure even cooking, may stick to the bottom alittle, so carefully skim underneath with a spatula to release it from the pan.

Add the tomato sauce, cheese and any other toppings. Put pizza back in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble. (mine only took approx 18 min)

Makes 8 slices

Nutrition info in 1 slice

Calories - 151.2
Fat - 11g
Sat Fat - 5.9g
Sodium - 372.8mg
Carbs - 4g
Fiber - .8g
Sugar - 1.5g
Protein - 11.9g

Net Carbs - 3.2

Hope you enjoy!!! :)