Just started the Medifast Detox

Hi everyone, My name is Nicki, I just started the medifast detox today and so far so good. Has anyone else done the detox? If so, did you lose a large number on the scale still after your first week on the actually Medifast meal replacements?

Replies

• kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Hello,
    What exactly is the Medifast Detox, I have never heard of that before?
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    I signed up at a center and they recommend a detox before starting the diet.

Its a cleanse so your body has a clean slate to work on and its a week long.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Whats the process?

I havent heard of it before. I just jumped right into it. Has worked great so far!

Welcome to the club and good luck on the journey!
  • tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    I have never heard of the Detox either. I might have to ask about it at my center. Welcome to Medifast! It is an awesome program. :drinker:
  • ThaRealNicki
    Thanks guys!!

Heres the detox process:

Every day you take the MF detox & appetite suppression supplements plus fiber supplement (like Metamucil)

Days 1&2: Pre-cleanse days eat 3-4 servings fruit, 3-4 servings veggies, & 3-4 servings whole grains plus 2 qts Smart water

Days 3&4: Liquid cleanse days drink 2 qts Smart water plus 2 qts lemonade/maple syrup mixture

Days 5&6: Mini cleanse days eat 3-4 servings fruit, 3-4 servings veggies, 2 MF shakes, & 2 qts Smart water

Day 7 -- Graduation day eat 3-4 servings fruit, 3-4 servings veggies, 3-4 servings whole grains, & 2 MF shakes plus 2 qts Smart water

(FYI no bananas or grapefruit while on cleanse because they will go through you too fast if you know what I mean....)
    source: littleredjd previous post
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Hmm, wonder if it actually does anything?

When I started Medifast, I didnt do anything special aside from drinking lots of water to keep the hunger away. But the first month or so, I was losing 10 lbs a week

Keep us updated on your results.
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    I was wonder the same thing, does the detox help you lose weight? OR does it just clean up your system to get you ready for MF?
  • I lost 9 pounds when I did it before starting Medifast. My girlfriend did it at the start of her journey & lost 12 pounds! My sister did it & lost 8 pounds. Most of what you lose is stored water weight from the midsection. It definitely cleans you out & gets you ready for doing a strict 5&1 on plan.
  • ThaRealNicki
    exactly what littlerdj says

I lost 13lbs :drinker:
  • What is the Medifast detox?
  • ThaRealNicki
    What is the Medifast detox?

details are a couple posts up
  • Yay, you, Nicki, on losing 13 with detox. Sorry I missed it before. Good job!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    I signed up at a center and they recommend a detox before starting the diet.

Its a cleanse so your body has a clean slate to work on and its a week long.

I lost all my weight on MF and never went through anything like this. I did it via a health coach and just followed the program as outlined. I lost 19 lbs in 2 weeks and 40 lbs in 8 weeks, and it kept falling off.
  • nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    I lost 70 lbs on medifast without going to a center or having a health coach. Not that I think there is anything wrong with either option. Medifast saved my life! :love: