Jodie Marsh on Steroids

fionarama
fionarama Posts: 788 Member
Just watched it. Interesting. A bit disillusioning. Googled things like does Jamie Eason do steroids, seems like maybe she does. What about Jillian Michaels? I googled that and found this video by her martial arts instructor of 10 years about her steroid use!!! WTF!
Thoughts? Are we trying to achieve something impossible?

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    probably that's why its best to focus on your own gains and improve what you can
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    probably that's why its best to focus on your own gains and improve what you can

That is the best thing.. focus on ourselves.. not what anyone else has accomplished....Well Said:smile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Are we trying to achieve something impossible?

No. There are plenty of amazing, healthy, fit, clean people out there doing it all the time. Looking for those that want to take the dangerous short cuts just for the look (and usually financial gains) is not helpful.

Reminds me of the fitness girl in Legally Blonde.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    First I've heard of her actually using them. Wouldn't really surprise me given how fast her transformation into a competitive BB happened, but that's part of the sport.
  • fionarama
    She's not, but she is miffed as she only came 4th in a non tested event, hence her exploration of the whole scene which although it was a shockingly poor documentary did make one think. A bit disappointing to think many of our body ideals probably got quite a lot of help along the way. Hadn't really thought about it in a while being so focused on the MFP
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    i didn't want to think that was true about jm wow thats sad. i would of liked to have seen proof photos video to back up what he says

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/jillian_michaels_the_truth
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Are some cherries getting popped in this thread with learning that most fitness models have used performance enhancing drugs?
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Are some cherries getting popped in this thread with learning that most fitness models have used performance enhancing drugs?

It seems so. At least we have people like Arnold to look up to you.

Wait a sec....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Yup.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    I dont even know who jodie is.
    But i am curious to know what difference does it make if they have used drugs?
    Does it mean you are likely to see thme in a different way?
    Will it change your goals?
    Is it ok if they have had plastic surgery?
    Will you try and use some drugs too?
  • fionarama
    I dont even know who jodie is.
    But i am curious to know what difference does it make if they have used drugs?
    Does it mean you are likely to see thme in a different way?
    Will it change your goals?
    Is it ok if they have had plastic surgery?
    Will you try and use some drugs too?

well yeah! here we are slaving away doing Jillian Michaels DVD's and Jamie Eason Live Fit thinking, hey , if we do what they do we might look a bit like them. And then, whoops, they do a bit more than just the DVD's. I do feel like my cherry's been popped. Totally!!!! :)

Like all drug users the main line was "everybody's doing it" and "the side effects are minimal". Is this true? Really? Scary! Do hollywood stars like Hugh jackman who bulk up overnight just use drugs to get there? Yes, cherry totally popped and very disillusioning. Fitness Industry does seem a very corrupt industry mainly consisting of liers and cheats.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    You can be using steroids and not even know it...