Final Destination: 202 pounds lost

Jztime
Jztime Posts: 138 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
jzp56i4tbjtf.jpg
aldeldjf18gy.jpg
After 16 months I have finally reach my original goal of weighing 13 stone (today I am 12 stone and 12 pounds).

It's been hard in many ways because I wasn't just dealing with weight loss at the time. I was seeing a therapist and trying to regain employment, battling depression and adapting to an entirely new surrounding. I was friendless in this new location and I was heartbroken at the same time.

I still don't really know how I have done it if I'm honest. I've avoided up to now sharing the many pitfalls and problems that come with extreme weight loss but in this, my perhaps final post here, I will share with you some of the experiences that I think those of us who lose a massive amount can relate to.

1) I no longer have to choose seating based on my size. I forget this all the time though and still scan for anything with a wide base and definitely never wicker!

2) Cinema seating is finally comfortable.

3) Flight travel is a revelation when you are an average size. I yanked the seatbelt cord out and realised I'd made a mistake and then when buckling it up I could see 4 or 5 inches of space between me and the arm rest and just grinned like an idiot.

4) Now when people laugh around you in public you have to learn that it is no longer at you...as a general rule...you may have something else going on though like toilet paper on your shoe or your hair is a mess but it's not because you are massive now.

5) You learn to recognise fellow big losers by saggy skin on arms and necks.

6) You lose a shoe size.

7) You freak your optician out because your eyesight has changed dramatically due to excess fat leaving the orbital sockets.

8) Shopping on the high street that you originally thought was boring is suddenly really interesting and you find yourself browsing for clothes in a way you never would have before.

9) Conversations that arise about weight loss are awkward and your loss immediately overshadows anyone else's so you try and keep it hidden as long as you can.

10) Showing people the "old" you leaves you detached and as though you can't relate to that person any longer. It also feels a bit cheap when you show them like you are showing off.

11) People are suddenly really quick to call the old you horrible names that they would never have said to you before and then quickly apologise.

12) Romantic partners who enter your life only knowing the "new" you are very uncomfortable looking at the "old" you.

13) Your entire family will go to their graves believing you have had a gastric band fitted unless you eat a 5 course meal in front of them.

14) People you don't see for extended period will drive past you.

15) Other people will only recognise you because you were "walking your Mum's dog" and it "had to be you".

I did it all with MFP and I am #MFP4Life

cyv5j53p2yci.jpg
snulbwnsu9k3.jpg

Replies

• Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Very well written, you look great!, well done!
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    Fabulous job!
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Wow, amazing.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Fantastic!!
  • matthewtdavies
    matthewtdavies Posts: 7 Member
    Amazing story. Thank you for sharing.
  • marievinejackson
    marievinejackson Posts: 43 Member
    Amazing!!! Well done you and hope life brings you all you wish for! Happy and healthy all the way
  • Jztime
    Thanks guys. Gonna spend the next 12 pounds tidying I think to see how it goes. Feel free to friend request me.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Well done! Amazing achievement and really interesting observations. I'm fascinated by the changes in glasses/eye fat thing!!!! Who knew?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Amazing!
  • Jztime
    Well done! Amazing achievement and really interesting observations. I'm fascinated by the changes in glasses/eye fat thing!!!! Who knew?

My optician was concerned they had made a terrible error previously and I was going to sue them!
  • Jztime
    leakduh21 wrote: »
    Incredible job. I've only lost 50lb myself, but the new shopping experience and seating situations I can relate to 100%. How strange and wonderful to suddenly have all these problems disintegrate (I say "suddenly" very lightly lol). Hats off to you, sir!

Everything feels uncomfortable!!! Beds..chairs...the floor is now unbareable to lay on when previous I would always lay on the floor! I still avoid high seating or benches though but I think that is less to do with my weight and more a personal preference.
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    You have incredible dedication and you look healthy & happy! Congrats on your many successes & thanks for sharing your story!! :)
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Congratulations on your hard work and success. I like the observations that u point out...things people don't realize about the COMPLEXITY of emotions and experiences that come with transforming your body so completely...yes, there is joy and excitement...but also vulnerability, the thoughtless comments from others, and many uncomfortable emotions. I totally hear you.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.
  • thriller001
    thriller001 Posts: 12 Member
    Congrats to you! What an accomplishment. Wow
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Wow, this is absolutely incredible. Congratulations on such an amazing achievement and thanks so much for sharing your story, observations, and experiences with us. Your post was incredibly inspiring. Also:
    Jztime wrote: »

3) Flight travel is a revelation when you are an average size. I yanked the seatbelt cord out and realised I'd made a mistake and then when buckling it up I could see 4 or 5 inches of space between me and the arm rest and just grinned like an idiot.

This is one of my major NSV goals, and reading your anecdote put the hugest smile on my face. :grin:

Once again, congratulations on such a fantastic transformation. Best wishes to you!
  • blarson82
    blarson82 Posts: 20 Member
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story :)
  • soozquu
    soozquu Posts: 66 Member
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration!. Thanks so much for sharing. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!