Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

ShyCush6
ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    I would love to be in the core group. Please :)
  • ShyCush6
    Welcome Gillian!!
  • Gibbsy21
    Gibbsy21 Posts: 22 Member
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Good morning! Had a not so great weekend. But not off the charts either! My daughter's birthday party and 5 teenager kids running around, constantly eating! =) Hard not to snack with them as well! And I made homemade cinnamon rolls as requested and damn if they are just to yummy to pass up! Happy with myself as I was up and at it at the gym this morning! Did the treadmill today, trying to build up my cardio! Also, trying to beat my sister with our fitbit steps too! Hoping for a good week! So far so good! Hope you all had a great weekend and are off for a awesome, fit week!

I seem to always have a bad weekend. I always try to to eat out or go way over my calorie limit. This is why instead of putting my limit at 1700 I put it around 1500 becuase I know how I am. This will keep me from going waaay over, because I know I probably will. I'm also going to restart doing the Les Mills Combat today. Hopefully I will be able to complete it this time.
  • ShyCush6
    Welcome Darklords.... Hope to catch up and don't be afraid to share accomplishments, struggles.. We are in this battle together! =)
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    THANKS :) I am on a 1200 cal a day and some days it is hard not to go over while other days like today I will have a hard time meeting that. I have tried logging all my food in at once for the day that way I will stick to a meal today I will be hard pressed to get all that into me
  • Darklords
    ok I will, I purchased a set of resistance bands and they seem to help.. probably not as good as weighs but it is better than nothing. I live in the country so getting to a gym after work is difficult to do. I did try it for awhile but was working out with home life
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    diet-funny-muffin-top-gym-heroes.jpg

• ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    I have to remember this tonight, as we are going for Italian... Bread and pasta! Yikes! My favs.
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Darklords wrote: »
    ok I will, I purchased a set of resistance bands and they seem to help.. probably not as good as weighs but it is better than nothing. I live in the country so getting to a gym after work is difficult to do. I did try it for awhile but was working out with home life

One of my friends posted a resistance band option for squats. Said it is much easier on the knees. I want to try that. Bad right knee. I need to purchase some bands. I would not know if they are better or worse, but guess what... you are using them and that is the plus! You don't need a gym... if you are doing the workouts.. you are bettering yourself! Keep up the good work!
  • Darklords
    I have to remember this tonight, as we are going for Italian... Bread and pasta! Yikes! My favs.

YOU MUST BEHAVE!! lol, but Italian is so good just put that picture on your phone and look at it when you are feeling the need for more
  • ShyCush6
    Darklords wrote: »
    YOU MUST BEHAVE!! lol, but Italian is so good just put that picture on your phone and look at it when you are feeling the need for more
    That is a great idea!!! I should do that!!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    I'd love to join you guys!!! I use to be in pretty good shape, I worked on a wildland fire crew in the summers hiking all over the place carrying packs and running with the crew. Then I got a desk job, married and kids, blah blah blah same old excuses. I am currently on week 3 day 1 of the couch to 10k program, hoping to run a half marathon next summer or fall. I ran one many many years ago and loved the feeling of accomplishment.
    I do pretty good during the week, making my meals in advance and not picking up any snacks during the day. I've been running/walking or lifting at lunch every day and even got my supervisor to agree to let me come in eaarly a few days a week so I can take a longer lunch to workout. I find that is the easiest time for me to get workouts in, when I get home I have kids to take care of, dinner and we have a farm so lots of chores to do! I got a garmin Vivosmart for my birthday :) and have been challenging meself for steps every day, If anyone wants to do a step challenge Im game :)