Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• gearster2014
    gearster2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi All,
    I am pretty keen to join this group, too many false starts trying to do it all on my own. I get going.... Get good results and then life happens and before I catch my breathe I am back to square one (or worse). Be very keen to help others when they are struggling if I know they will be there for me when I am down! Accountability/weekly scales all for it.
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    if anyone wants to add me as a friend go ahead, support always welcome and given
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    I would love to be part of your core group as well. It sounds like we have a lot in common. We know how to do it just need to keep the motivation going. :)
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    I have dabbled before but this is my fresh start. I would love to join the group and really do this.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    I'd love to join you guys!!! I use to be in pretty good shape, I worked on a wildland fire crew in the summers hiking all over the place carrying packs and running with the crew. Then I got a desk job, married and kids, blah blah blah same old excuses. I am currently on week 3 day 1 of the couch to 10k program, hoping to run a half marathon next summer or fall. I ran one many many years ago and loved the feeling of accomplishment.
    I do pretty good during the week, making my meals in advance and not picking up any snacks during the day. I've been running/walking or lifting at lunch every day and even got my supervisor to agree to let me come in eaarly a few days a week so I can take a longer lunch to workout. I find that is the easiest time for me to get workouts in, when I get home I have kids to take care of, dinner and we have a farm so lots of chores to do! I got a garmin Vivosmart for my birthday :) and have been challenging meself for steps every day, If anyone wants to do a step challenge Im game :)

Welcome Mrs. Robinson! Desk jobs are so hard! 8 hours of my day sitting at a computer! ugh! Easy to grab snacks that are awful! I need to pack daily good for me snacks! Great job on the couch to 5K! I did a couple 5K obstacles the last few years! Those were really fun and not just a straight 5k so it made it more exciting. I just got a fitbit as well! Post your daily steps and I'll post mine, if I'm not too embarrassed! LOL!
  • ShyCush6
    jessykab74 wrote: »
    I would love to be part of your core group as well. It sounds like we have a lot in common. We know how to do it just need to keep the motivation going. :)

Welcome Jessy! Hope to hear how you're doing and willing to keep you motivated!
  • ShyCush6
    I have dabbled before but this is my fresh start. I would love to join the group and really do this.

Welcome Doris! Check in often! Looking forward to helping on the journey!
  • ShyCush6
    Might be a good time to check in... help let people know where you are and your goals, etc. I'll go first.
    My name is Shyanne (Shy), I'm from Wisconsin, I'm 40 years old and looking to lose about 40 lbs. I plan to check in daily... maybe not so much on weekends. I'm going to post my weight loss every Friday and my steps daily if there are others who want to do the step challenge... Yesterday I had 7,263. My biggest challenge is carbs. I love bread, and pasta! I have a sweet tooth as well! Hope you can help me through this and get me to where I want to be. I set my goal on here for 10 lbs at a time... hoping hitting my goals will motivate me further, than one big goal that is so far away!
  • ravenzbaby47
    ravenzbaby47 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is ashlee and I am a night shift nurse...I never seemed to struggle on the night shift until I started working in the nicu in March which is a much closer unit and it seems like we have a party everyday...I would love to join this group and make some new friends to keep each other motivated!
  • ShyCush6
    Hi everyone! My name is ashlee and I am a night shift nurse...I never seemed to struggle on the night shift until I started working in the nicu in March which is a much closer unit and it seems like we have a party everyday...I would love to join this group and make some new friends to keep each other motivated!
    Welcome Ashlee!! Let's do this!
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Shy I don't usually count my steps but I will start tomorrow how is that ..... Hi Ashlee, my name is Christine welcome to add me
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    hi my name is Gill, i'm from the UK, i am 43 and looking to lose about 40lbs. I usually attend kickboxing class on Monday, walk on Tuesday, circuit training Wednesday, Kickboxercise Thursday, kickboxing Friday and kickboxercise on Saturdays. I love being active but unfortunately I love pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, Pizza, garlic bread........the list goes on. The one food i have decided to cut altogether is pasta as it makes me bloat. I don't currently have a way of counting steps
  • ShyCush6
    Great idea about sharing who we are and why we're here! I'm from the UK. 40 (ish) ;) hoping to lose around 30lbs. Used to be in good shape but last few years, not so much. I recently got a Fitbit so will post my steps too (except on the days I forget to put the buggering thing on!)

40ish!? Love it! Love that you will post yours steps... I'm not doing great! Thought getting a fitbit would motivate me, but when no one else sees my failure... it's not so bad! Now I better step it up!
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    Hey y'all! Love to join the group too. I also need motivation and accountability. I have about 10 lbs to loose but that's secondary to getting stronger and feeling better. I'm 51 and (dangit) I feel like I'm finding new places to hurt and ache each day.
  • ShyCush6
    Hey y'all! Love to join the group too. I also need motivation and accountability. I have about 10 lbs to loose but that's secondary to getting stronger and feeling better. I'm 51 and (dangit) I feel like I'm finding new places to hurt and ache each day.

Welcome Mellow Cookie! =) Cute name! We are here to help!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Great idea shy!!

My name is Sinead, I'm 31 (for another couple of weeks!!) from Ireland. I lost about 50 lbs over 2 years ago and have kept it off, more or less, but still have another 30 lbs or so to go! Finding it very hard to stay motivated so this may be just what u need! I was one of the core group with shy way back and it was brilliant to share success, failures and challenges! Feel free to add me on here!