April 2016 Running Challenge

Replies

• username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Oh and thanks @Stoshew71 for setting it all up and the advice given to all.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    I'm in for 100 for April. Thanks Stan @stoshew71
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    If I complete every mile on my schedule, I'll have 200 on the nose for April. So... I guess 200? Though I might revise it to 190 if I decide to taper more aggressively for my 5/1 marathon (so close... yet so far!).
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    In for 135 this month!

• exercise.png

• Becky71_cm
    Becky71_cm Posts: 24 Member
    I'm joining in here again. You guys keep me going! I didn't hit my goal for March, or the last 2 months, but they have stayed consistent at least with the setbacks I have had. The most important thing for me is that I'm still running, and my issues are decreasing. I barely had any pressure on my lower legs this month at all, so though my speed and mileage isn't getting far, there's still progress overall. My goal this month, same as last month is to get through to week 8 so I'm at least running for 30 mins at a time.

Congrats to everyone who met their goals for March! Saw some impressive stuff going on whether or not goals were met, so WTG everyone! As always, thanks for all the support, wisdom and laughs! :smile:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    karllundy wrote: »

I was going to say 125, but I think I will shoot for 130 to match @Elise4270. Since there are 5 Saturdays for long runs, culminating with a HM on the 30th...I think I'll get there.

Rock on runnin' buddy!
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Ooooh i'm a littley one....

Right my goal is a mere 60 kms.....I am fairly new to running after having a load of physio last year on back and legs, so slowly slowly is the way i need to do this. I did run 10k after taking part in Hal Hallinger 10k challenge last month and was over the moon with this!! however i am in some other Challenges now to increase speed and elevation to help me increase my overall health! Besides I am a full time worker and just do not get the time at present to do any more.
    So my other challenge is to increase my speed by middle of June to 4.5km in 30mins, eventually I want that to be 5km in 30mins, but one thing at a time!! :)
    Good luck everyone!!

exercise.png
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Oh and I agree thank you for setting the thread up and the brilliant ticker instructions...even I could do it...look at me go...:) Flowers in the summer!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    So, should I start asking all my annoying questions in this thread now?
  • Elise4270
    edited March 2016

You can. :)

Edit- ohhh I forgot about the group forum @kristinegift. That'll make it much easier to follow...
  • Elise4270
    edited March 2016
    Diantha21 wrote: »
    Ooooh i'm a littley one....

Right my goal is a mere 60 kms.....

We all started with one step!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Thanks Stan!

Going for 75 again in April.
    I went 85 in March but part of that is because there were a couple rain days when I couldn't bike, and because I had spring break which gave me more running days.

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited March 2016

@MNLittleFinn Even better, there's a whole group forum where you can make discussion topics! I think we all tend to forget about that around here... but it's much easier to keep track of discussions when posted over there! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/21182-monthly-running-challenges
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited March 2016
    @kristinegift Yup, been there, Probably post the Q I have there since I don't want to clutter up this thread like I did last month's challenge thread.
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    My goal is to simply get back running in April after a lackluster finish last month... with that being said I will be out of town starting tomorrow through the 11th so once again I have made a brief appearance but I promise to be back.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am following a plan leading up to the Bolder Boulder but it has each run by time rather than miles. Since I am a slow runner, I am going to plan for 50 in April although I am definitely hoping to get more.

exercise.png
  • Becky71_cm
    Becky71_cm Posts: 24 Member
    @kristinegift Yup, been there, Probably post the Q I have there since I don't want to clutter up this thread like I did last month's challenge thread.

I loved your questions! Brought about great discussions and lots of info to weed through! :)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited March 2016
    Put me down for 152mi. Easy 7mi scheduled for tomorrow to kick off the month.

4/1 - 7mi easy. Target pace: 8:34/mi
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Hi running friends
    I am going to try for 70 this month. This also depends on how fast I can bounce back from my pulled Abductor muscles. I look forward to talking to everyone again, missed last months challenge but am ready for this one. I am excited to start a new running plan after ready a really good book on treadmill workouts. We will see how good it is.

4/1 Rest day
    4/2 Run Down the Demons 5K obstacle course

exercise.png