Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Just started my bulk last week. Already seen improvements in my lifting capacity.
    Started at 187 and got my normal 3lb water weight increase (I'm 5'11"). Figure I'll run the bulk until I can't fit comfortably in my 33" jeans (maybe around 200ish or so).
    Worst case I could always run a mini-cut for a week or 2 and then get back on the gainz trainz :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    I can say I will eat waffles and bacon..I just bought a Belgian flip waffle maker (mine died a couple of months ago) and can say it will prove useful the next few months..

I am reversing out of my deficit now since beginning of Nov.. Training program already changed, and will increase surplus through Dec.. My plan is to bulk into April, maybe longer..we will see.

eta @JoRocka congrats on just getting married... :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I can say I will eat waffles and bacon... screw the oatmeal.. No to oatmeal.

Fat gain is not gonna come from oatmeal! LOL

I'm an oreo person myself- but waffles and bacon is totally legit.
    Lies.
    oreos and bacon. not at the same time- but I'm to lazy to make waffles.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited November 2016
    JoRocka wrote: »

Lies.

I updated my post since you posted... I love oreos, waffles, despise oatmeal, Chips Ohoy for me is good in cold milk.. So I think I will have a smooth transition from the deficit including jello to my favorites.. what do you think? :)

I had a maple bacon sunday at the fair a couple of weeks ago.. it was tasty!
  • RoxieDawn
    @JoRocka can I get something off my chest here???? LOL

I think some folks around me thinks that I have made an egregious goal. maybe the people around me can't handle little ole me fatter.. who knows?..

I just turned 48 years old in September, this is my third round of bulking since 2015 my first two bulks (were nothing like one is gonna be as these were learning curves).. I abandoned the first and stuck the second one out just shy of a 3 month goal, this time I am trying to put on a lot, this is not about strength, I want some more size..

The deck is stacked against me due to my age and being female.. There are those that think that calorie partitioning is gonna be an issue.. but I am of the mindset that I do not care about this at all..

Should I?

I made a mind shift to go balls to the wall on this.. not getting younger.. so why not, its not just some added fat, its both muscle and fat.. in my mind the fat is easy is too lose for me..

Just wondering if anyone had something to add that I need to think about other than eat, lift, sleep, eat , lift, sleep!

• JoRocka
    I can say I will eat waffles and bacon..I just bought a Belgian flip waffle maker (mine died a couple of months ago) and can say it will prove useful the next few months..

I am reversing out of my deficit now since beginning of Nov.. Training program already changed, and will increase surplus through Dec.. My plan is to bulk into April, maybe longer..we will see.

Lies.

I updated my post since you posted... I love oreos, waffles, despise oatmeal, Chips Ohoy for me is good in cold milk.. So I think I will have a smooth transition from the deficit including jello to my favorites.. what do you think? :)

YAY For flip waffle maker!!! That sounds awesome. Waffles for me a total treat- strawberries- black berries- and whipcream- OMGRD.
    On our honeymoon they had condensced milk- no whip cream- so I drizzled that over the fruit/waffles.#died.
    (and thank you- married for almost 2 months now!- and no one is dead!!!)

I think it sounds like a fine plan to transition off a deficit- that's where I am since technically 1650 is "deficit" for me (it's not- it's more like maintenance- but whatever)
  • RoxieDawn

Lies.

YAY For flip waffle maker!!! That sounds awesome. Waffles for me a total treat- strawberries- black berries- and whipcream- OMGRD.
    On our honeymoon they had condensced milk- no whip cream- so I drizzled that over the fruit/waffles.#died.

I think it sounds like a fine plan to transition off a deficit- that's where I am since technically 1650 is "deficit" for me (it's not- it's more like maintenance- but whatever)

OOOOOOMYYYYGGGRRRRD.. i am now drooling out the mouth..

Two months and no one is dead? you must have had one hell of a honeymoon...LOL naaahh just kidding..

eta my honeymoon was cruise to 5 islands in the Caribbean in a room the size of peanut m&m.. we survived!
  • RoxieDawn
    edited November 2016
    @JoRocka can I get something off my chest here???? LOL

I think some folks around me thinks that I have made an egregious goal. maybe the people around me can't handle little ole me fatter.. who knows?..

I just turned 48 years old in September, this is my third round of bulking since 2015 my first two bulks (were nothing like one is gonna be as these were learning curves).. I abandoned the first and stuck the second one out just shy of a 3 month goal, this time I am trying to put on a lot, this is not about strength, I want some more size..

The deck is stacked against me due to my age and being female.. There are those that think that calorie partitioning is gonna be an issue.. but I am of the mindset that I do not care about this at all..

Should I?

I made a mind shift to go balls to the wall on this.. not getting younger.. so why not, its not just some added fat, its both muscle and fat.. in my mind the fat is easy is too lose for me..

Just wondering if anyone had something to add that I need to think about other than eat, lift, sleep, eat , lift, sleep!

So- quite frankly I am not a professional. So- you know- take with some sodium.

But I think you are spot on. Eat- sleep- lift- rest- eat- sleep-lift.

There is no going back and wishing for a different body- or starting sooner.
    You are where are you now- so do the best you can with what you have. I see nothing wrong with getting a little fat to get some size.

As noted up thread- I'm also going for size above strength this rotation. (which will hopefully translate a little)- and I expect to get fat.

So *kitten* what.

I'll wear my leggings and my long tops and deal with it till I hate myself- and then come back down. It's not the end of the world- sorry society can't handle a little pudge- thankfully they don't have to live with it. I do- So eff off.

You're on the right track IMHO.

But- again- not a doctor.

But I do live really close to a holiday inn express.

Gosh darn it I love your attitude..

My family and friends will still love me regardless (how can they not, I am awesome LOL) and heck I was fatter when I married, and I am a hot chick now compared to then..

BTW I thought you had a PHD or something? no? lol

On a serious note, I think the masses out there try to exaggerate the mental aspect to this more than I needs to be. If I was afraid of gaining fat, I definitely would not be talking and doing it..

So if you can't handle the heat fat in the kitchen, eff off! That's works well for me!!! :)
  • JoRocka

Lies.

Two months and no one is dead? you must have had one hell of a honeymoon...LOL naaahh just kidding..

eta my honeymoon was cruise to 5 islands in the Caribbean in a room the size of peanut m&m.. we survived!

heh- we still work opposite schedules- so I see him at night when he crawls into bed after I"m alseep- we have one day that over laps- and it winds up being Wednesday night- so we only get 2 hours of time together- either I"m at work- or he's at work. So- it works.

We went to Mexico for HM- it was AWESOME. 6 days and 5 nights- can't wait to go back.
  • RoxieDawn

Lies.

heh- we still work opposite schedules- so I see him at night when he crawls into bed after I"m alseep- we have one day that over laps- and it winds up being Wednesday night- so we only get 2 hours of time together- either I"m at work- or he's at work. So- it works.

We went to Mexico for HM- it was AWESOME. 6 days and 5 nights- can't wait to go back.

Well I met mine at work, we worked together for 10 years.. talk about overtime seeing each other! I have been working from home now 4 1/2 years, and I do love my time alone!!!!! I actually love being alone now more than ever! Shhh don't tell him that...

I scuba dived in Cozumel over 4 day weekend a good while ago.. I was single and stupid then. Be nice to go again, even if married and old(er)..
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    "where are you now" - if by that you mean where I am currently living, Ireland. Hence the use of KGs:)
    HAHAHA

"probably till I hate myself"

yeah- that's pretty much it.

where are you now if you don't mind me asking?

"where are you now" - if by that you mean where I am currently living, Ireland. Hence the use of KGs:)
    Yes- that was my question. Very cool. Save me a bunk for when I come visit!
    I am bulking.. I am sort of taking the plunge to bulk till I hate myself... I seriously buckled down and got lean to do this..

I can say this time around, I am not afraid of FAT GAIN!!!!!!

YASSSSSSSSSSSS BULK BULK BULK!!!

fat gain for the win!

Will do @JoRocka - Might even be a gentleman and give up my bed for you:)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    I've been terrible with my surplus, heck even eating at maintenance as of late -- someone should invent an app for tracking calories. :D

Last week I weighed 195 pounds. I usually range from 205-215 pounds.

Last years bulk had me in excess of 220 lbs.

This year just going modest with a 150-250 surplus, about 3500-4000 calories a day. And generous amounts of pizza to get me there.

If only we had such a calorie tracking program available to us! Pizza looks good!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Just finished my bulk up to 183, and already down 11 pounds in 3 weeks but that's mostly water. Looking at hitting 167 then bulking a bit over the holidays because that's what they are there for.

Good luck Jo but might as well try to up that strength while you are at it too.
  • I've been terrible with my surplus, heck even eating at maintenance as of late -- someone should invent an app for tracking calories. :D

This year just going modest with a 150-250 surplus, about 3500-4000 calories a day. And generous amounts of pizza to get me there.

If only we had such a calorie tracking program available to us! Pizza looks good!
    Hopefully that can be invented around the same time a stationary crossfit machine can be invented as well.
  • Wheelhouse15
    I've been terrible with my surplus, heck even eating at maintenance as of late -- someone should invent an app for tracking calories. :D

Hopefully that can be invented around the same time a stationary crossfit machine can be invented as well.

I heard a prophecy that the World would end the moment such a machine came into existence! :lol: