Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Hi Everybody! I'd doing my first bulk. I started the first week of October at 125 lbs (I'm 40 years old and 5'6") and I'm up at 129.6 as of this morning. My plan is to go through January and gain at least 15 lbs. I was nervous at first, but I'm feeling really great. MAYBE I'll continue through February, but that's going to be a game time decision. I'm not worried about losing the fat before bathing suit season, as I've been losing the same 20 lbs for 20 years - I'm an expert at that part. I bought my first pair of Jeggings over the weekend, so I'm prepared.
  • leajas1
    @RoxieDawn you said your first two bulks were learning curves. What did you learn and what are you doing differently this time around? Thanks!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I'm about to turn 45 and started my first bulk 3 months ago. Started at 110 and now 116. It's nice (and reassuring) to see the women not being afraid of some extra fat gain. I'm struggling a bit because of my age...being female... I had stopped gaining and sat at maintenance for a couple weeks because I was questioning if it's really worth it. Decided to keep going because I feel good...feel like I'm improving, and despite my abs being softer I still feel solid and strong. I don't know how far I'll take it before I cut, but I don't hate myself yet so I'm gonna keep moving forward.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I am just now starting my first bulk. Planning to slowly gain through the end of April. I have been maintaining on 1400-ish calories for the longest time. So ready for more food!

Welcome welcome- hopefully you can find this a useful space for you- slow and steady- you got this!
  • JoRocka
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    "where are you now" - if by that you mean where I am currently living, Ireland. Hence the use of KGs:)
    HAHAHA

"probably till I hate myself"

yeah- that's pretty much it.

where are you now if you don't mind me asking?

"where are you now" - if by that you mean where I am currently living, Ireland. Hence the use of KGs:)
    Yes- that was my question. Very cool. Save me a bunk for when I come visit!
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am bulking.. I am sort of taking the plunge to bulk till I hate myself... I seriously buckled down and got lean to do this..

I can say this time around, I am not afraid of FAT GAIN!!!!!!

YASSSSSSSSSSSS BULK BULK BULK!!!

fat gain for the win!

Will do @JoRocka - Might even be a gentleman and give up my bed for you:)

So generous ;)
    Just finished my bulk up to 183, and already down 11 pounds in 3 weeks but that's mostly water. Looking at hitting 167 then bulking a bit over the holidays because that's what they are there for.

Good luck Jo but might as well try to up that strength while you are at it too.

Well- ideally size will result in more strength- so YES. I want ALL the gainz please and thank you.
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I'm about to turn 45 and started my first bulk 3 months ago. Started at 110 and now 116. It's nice (and reassuring) to see the women not being afraid of some extra fat gain. I'm struggling a bit because of my age...being female... I had stopped gaining and sat at maintenance for a couple weeks because I was questioning if it's really worth it. Decided to keep going because I feel good...feel like I'm improving, and despite my abs being softer I still feel solid and strong. I don't know how far I'll take it before I cut, but I don't hate myself yet so I'm gonna keep moving forward.

it is difficult- and you certainly do get the side eye from people sometimes- but here we are- doing the things. I have found bulking profoundly more difficult than cutting- so kudos to you for making a go of it. Feel free to check in and keep connected here- I'd like this to be the "on going bulk chat" type thread so we have a place to complain about our fatness together. :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I am also here for the, um, learning...............
  • JoRocka
    fernt21 wrote: »
    So this week i put on my one pair of jeans without stretch and although i squeezed myself into them I couldn't move or bend over, needless to say they stayed on about 5 minutes until i decided i should either put on a pair with stretch or risk vomitting/passing out. The scale hasn't moved tons for me, but this has got to be evidence that I'm putting on some mass in the booty.

heh- I have that problem to- I tried my jeans last night- they barely fit as is- so clearly the water weight jumped up tremendously. So yeah- I either need to pack away the jeans or go purchase a pair of bulking ones for real this time.

yeah- learning- that's what we'll call it ;) he he he he
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    So this week i put on my one pair of jeans without stretch and although i squeezed myself into them I couldn't move or bend over, needless to say they stayed on about 5 minutes until i decided i should either put on a pair with stretch or risk vomitting/passing out. The scale hasn't moved tons for me, but this has got to be evidence that I'm putting on some mass in the booty.

I have a pair of jeans I kept all along weight loss, goal was to just get back in them.. Goal was achieved.

Second goal, putting on muscle, working on that.. however right now, I weigh slightly less after first goal..

Result: I can no longer get into them.. Its like that song says: "I am too sexy for my shirt", maybe we can create a song called "I am too muscular for my pants" I do call this super sucess!
  • RoxieDawn

heh- I have that problem to- I tried my jeans last night- they barely fit as is- so clearly the water weight jumped up tremendously. So yeah- I either need to pack away the jeans or go purchase a pair of bulking ones for real this time.

yeah- learning- that's what we'll call it ;) he he he he

For Xmas Bishes season my jeans get put away, at least after the first few pounds are put on... I have already pulled out the sweat pants, leggings, big sweat shirts, flannel shirts.. these ready and waiting for me, it's really good that I work from home..

My new goal is to never get back into a pair of jeans I own now...LOL
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member

I have a pair of jeans I kept all along weight loss, goal was to just get back in them.. Goal was achieved.

Second goal, putting on muscle, working on that.. however right now, I weigh slightly less after first goal..

Result: I can no longer get into them.. Its like that song says: "I am too sexy for my shirt", maybe we can create a song called "I am too muscular for my pants" I do call this super sucess!

I know that feeling, I have to go up a size so that my jeans fit my thighs but are too big in the waist. Belts are a necessity not just an affectation any more!
  • RoxieDawn

I know that feeling, I have to go up a size so that my jeans fit my thighs but are too big in the waist. Belts are a necessity not just an affectation any more!

Ditto..

I am currently a size larger to accompany the leg and lower hip issues...

Gosh we just have terrible problems don't we??
  • Wheelhouse15

Ditto..

I'll take them over the muffin top any day. :D
  • RoxieDawn

Ditto..

Ditto..

Agree to that! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I've contemplated a bulk, as my hb would like to see me with a little more fluff, but not sure if I'm up to it. My gym schedule is full of breaks, which means it's closed weekends, holidays, any school breaks. I can put in 2 days a week, program similar to 5x5 with added glutes. I also work out alone and need to be safe. I usually add sets or reps rather than weight when progressing...Not sure how I would look after a bulk...Any advice?
  • JoRocka

I've had that problem since I was in HS practically- so this isn't new for me- but damn- it's just gotten more annoying- I just ordered more winter leggings because I forsee myself living in long tops and leggings for the next 4 months.
  • Wheelhouse15

I've had that problem since I was in HS practically- so this isn't new for me- but damn- it's just gotten more annoying- I just ordered more winter leggings because I forsee myself living in long tops and leggings for the next 4 months.

Yoga pants are in fashion I hear.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I have the huge thighs small waist issues but just because of my shape, I'm still sort of fat, ha! Stretch denim is the way forward. And my curvier cut vintage reproductions (which I just sold on because I have actually shrunk out of those).

No doubt I'll do a very small dirty bulk over Christmas. Or, you know, just get a bit fat because food.
  • leajas1
    I've contemplated a bulk, as my hb would like to see me with a little more fluff, but not sure if I'm up to it. My gym schedule is full of breaks, which means it's closed weekends, holidays, any school breaks. I can put in 2 days a week, program similar to 5x5 with added glutes. I also work out alone and need to be safe. I usually add sets or reps rather than weight when progressing...Not sure how I would look after a bulk...Any advice?

I lift alone too. You can do progressive weights, just don't go ALL the way to failure. Hit that last rep right before failure.
  • leajas1

Jeggings!!!