Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I might change up the order of my lifts, maybe deadlift first...And try to increase that lift on Monday, then increase squat on Thursday. I'm also going to try to add another set @100 to my bench(can do 2x5 now, want to go for 3x5 before dropping to 95)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I might change up the order of my lifts, maybe deadlift first...And try to increase that lift on Monday, then increase squat on Thursday. I'm also going to try to add another set @100 to my bench(can do 2x5 now, want to go for 3x5 before dropping to 95)

Yea that's the thing with SC.. he has you doing the bridges and hip thrusts first, sometimes it kills your other lifts!
  • jenbob1985
    jenbob1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Decided to join this thread instead of just lurking :) I'm currently in my second bulk. Up about 5 pounds in 14 weeks so far - deliberately going slower than my first time. Lifts going up steadily too. It's really motivating following everyone's progress!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    After the squat fail last week, and the mental block/fear following, I did much better this week. Rocked my squats and looking forward to next week. Should I stay or increase weight? Or just increase by a set or rep per set?

That is awesome!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    I feel like we need a thread for cutting as well. I'm officially off the gain train again as of tomorrow, probably cutting for quite a while. Meh. :|
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I'm a horrible human being- I haven't lifted since last thursday because of my car situation.
    I won't be able to go till tomorrow.
    sigh. mother *kitten*- I'm going to be a cripple on Sunday.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm a horrible human being- I haven't lifted since last thursday because of my car situation.

I know them feels. If I miss a session, it gets made up for. If I miss multiple, my body's getting fekkin rekt.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member

Why are people always flagging your comments???!
  • no44s4me
    no44s4me Posts: 73 Member

Why are people always flagging your comments???!

Yeah, I don't get it either. Certainly not bulking right now....and certainly not a "bishe" but this is a great, insightful thread
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator

I feel your pain. I am having a hell week. My aunt passed away and on the sam day my MIL was hospitalized with pneumonia. And the icing on the cake is my son just got sick all over the bedroom. And i havent lifted in several days.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

I feel your pain. I am having a hell week. My aunt passed away and on the sam day my MIL was hospitalized with pneumonia. And the icing on the cake is my son just got sick all over the bedroom. And i havent lifted in several days.

You win the suck award- so sorry to hear that- hopefully next weeks looks up for you!!

For me-I got to squat- I backed my weight down to 185 for my 20 reps. I'm glad I did- I could have easily gone to 175 or 180 and been very comfortable. My 185 looked like complete shite. so was a good decision- legs feel good today.
    BUT:
    I did a crazy shoulder workout with a friend after my actual programmed lift. It was hard- tons of reps-like- tons. I knew I was going to be sore today- but holy crap- I'm not just sore- my left lateral deltoid feels like I got the polio vaccine shot in my arm. it's just- like numb and achy- tomorrow I suspect the real soreness to set in HA.

I did take some "progress" pictures- this marks Nov, Dec, Jan- full 3 months- I feel a little behind on calories- but I'm staying the course- I'm hovering around 175-177 which is good. Jumping up 150-200 every month seems to be working pretty well.

And one final thought- I know I won't be able to eat till much later as I have 2 dance workshops and I was in a hurry this morning- so fruit and nut granola bar with a slab of PB on it. that's food right?!? HA- nomnomnom- I have one more granola bar for later. because I know I'll need it.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope your MIL and son are doing better.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I somehow lost like 3lbs??? Idk what happened... I was up, and then it just crashed this weekend. Maybe back up next week? Whatever... I just keep lifting
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    leajas1 wrote: »

Thanks. She is starting to recover.

Good luck on your cut. I am sorry for your loss in food. I know your pain.
  • leajas1

Thanks. She is starting to recover.

Good luck on your cut. I am sorry for your loss in food. I know your pain.

Good to hear and you're so kind!
  • leajas1
    I somehow lost like 3lbs??? Idk what happened... I was up, and then it just crashed this weekend. Maybe back up next week? Whatever... I just keep lifting

Just a blip, I'm sure.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

Just a blip, I'm sure.

Probably so. I use Happy Scale for that reason. My weight varies so much it's ridiculous. If I have a day where I live on protein bars and shakes, I could see a four pound difference in the morning, versus a day where I ate mostly whole foods.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Holy *kitten* @JoRocka your back and shoulders are awesome!