Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Well, it's over for me! Today I'm back to the cut. I gained 20 lbs and feel great about it, although that last 5 lbs was probably nothing but fat. Whatever. I'm hungry. I need to get some pics for comparison before I take off too much weight - I totally forgot to take them yesterday.

I was thinking about that the other day - if the last little bit of weight gain is going to be mostly fat. I am going to see where I am at once I am back home. Not having my scale has been a bit of a guessing game.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Holy *kitten* @JoRocka your back and shoulders are awesome!

Agreed
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Thank you @bioklutz and @psuLemon I'm hoping in 4 months it's really popping when I start dropping weight. sooooooooooo flufffffffffffffy
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Well, it's over for me! Today I'm back to the cut. I gained 20 lbs and feel great about it, although that last 5 lbs was probably nothing but fat. Whatever. I'm hungry. I need to get some pics for comparison before I take off too much weight - I totally forgot to take them yesterday.

I was thinking about that the other day - if the last little bit of weight gain is going to be mostly fat. I am going to see where I am at once I am back home. Not having my scale has been a bit of a guessing game.

It won't be necessarily. The reason it was for me was because I was eating WAY more than I needed to. At an average of 2500 - 2700/day I was gaining 0.5/week, but the last month I was eating well over 3k/day. It didn't have to be that way, but I was having too much fun.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I somehow lost like 3lbs??? Idk what happened... I was up, and then it just crashed this weekend. Maybe back up next week? Whatever... I just keep lifting

Just a blip, I'm sure.

Even hubby asked me today if I lost weight. Is it that obvious? Jeez....I'm only 1lb above my low weight before "bulking" after Thanksgiving. I told him I ate this weekend. I was out of town. Mexican food (chips and salsa and a beer too) and a packet of peanut m&ms for dessert Friday night, TX Roadhouse (steak, potato, veggies, rolls, and a beer) Saturday. Had a sbux with whipped cream on the way home Sunday.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I will never understand how people lose during a bulk. My body just wants to gain gain gain. It's kind of annoying.
  • DancingMoosie
    I thinks it's 'cause I'm crazy...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    I somehow lost like 3lbs??? Idk what happened... I was up, and then it just crashed this weekend. Maybe back up next week? Whatever... I just keep lifting

Just a blip, I'm sure.

Even hubby asked me today if I lost weight. Is it that obvious? Jeez....I'm only 1lb above my low weight before "bulking" after Thanksgiving. I told him I ate this weekend. I was out of town. Mexican food (chips and salsa and a beer too) and a packet of peanut m&ms for dessert Friday night, TX Roadhouse (steak, potato, veggies, rolls, and a beer) Saturday. Had a sbux with whipped cream on the way home Sunday.

Whats interesting is i was watching a video today about an IFBB bikini pro that was trainef by Layne Norton and he mentioned how he had to reverse diet her a lot. And she had often had periods where ahe lost weight. And while their isnt a to of science to explain why, the few overfeed studies i know of would suggest that there might be metabolic efficienies that can occur (as a way to maintain homeostasis). In those studies participate didnt gain at the predicted rate.

Or you are just a monster.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

Just a blip, I'm sure.

Whats interesting is i was watching a video today about an IFBB bikini pro that was trainef by Layne Norton and he mentioned how he had to reverse diet her a lot. And she had often had periods where ahe lost weight. And while their isnt a to of science to explain why, the few overfeed studies i know of would suggest that there might be metabolic efficienies that can occur (as a way to maintain homeostasis). In those studies participate didnt gain at the predicted rate.

Or you are just a monster.

I've heard that some people have very adaptive metabolisms when it comes to trying to create a surplus/deficit. I think Omar Isuf have a video about this actually. Can't remember if he actually had research to back it up or was just speaking from a bro science/experience perspective.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    @DancingMoosie How often do you weigh yourself? The scale has been bouncing all over for me. I started at 104/105 and probably am up to 110. It is a small gain over 4 months and the scale fluctuations can sometimes be a bit of a *kitten*.

If I remember correctly you are gaining slowly also? How many pounds over what time frame? Where are you at in your monthly cycle? (I usually have a low weight day twice a month and a high weight day twice a month).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

It's more likely that you are eating less than you think or that your TDEE is higher than calculated.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member

Is your weight still down today?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

You and me both.
    Except mine is because of my son is up eating all night... growth spurts messing with my bulk! :p
  • DancingMoosie
    I usually only weigh in Mondays with the nurse's digital scale. I used my mom's this weekend, partly to compare to nurse's, partly because that was where I did my weigh in Thanksgiving (start of bulk). I'm honestly OK with whatever my weight is right now. Both of us are happy with how I look. I will keep on lifting and cardio-ing, just doing my thing. Thanks all!
  • JoRocka
    I have days where I distinctly look bigger and leaner- and then days I look distinctly fluffier.

I assume it's blips and glugglugs of the human body going up and down.- and a lot to do with my carb and salt intake.

I never gave it much thought honestly- I just trust my numbers and keep pressing forward blindly LOL
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited February 2017
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I have days where I distinctly look bigger and leaner- and then days I look distinctly fluffier.

I assume it's blips and glugglugs of the human body going up and down.- and a lot to do with my carb and salt intake.

I never gave it much thought honestly- I just trust my numbers and keep pressing forward blindly LOL

I get the same thing, and after a lot of restriction and heavy monitoring of my sodium intake and S:P ratios, I can confidently say that it is 100% carb bloat. The amount of subcutaneous water that they can make me hold is interesting. It's not even always well reflected on the scale either.

For example, one of my lowest weigh-ins since starting my bulk had me looking soft and jiggly around the midsection. Two days ago was one of my highest, and my abs were showing through again, with only minor spots of squish around my lower back.

Conclusion? The human body can be wonky as hell.
  • DancingMoosie
    116 today. Low was 114.8 day after Thanksgiving, high was over 118 a week ago...
  • JoRocka

I get the same thing, and after a lot of restriction and heavy monitoring of my sodium intake and S:P ratios, I can confidently say that it is 100% carb bloat. The amount of subcutaneous water that they can make me hold is interesting. It's not even always well reflected on the scale either.

For example, one of my lowest weigh-ins since starting my bulk had me looking soft and jiggly around the midsection. Two days ago was one of my highest, and my abs were showing through again, with only minor spots of squish around my lower back.

Yep.

Unfortunately throw in for me female hormones and period bloat which unfortunately is a real thing- and I have days where I can barely stand to look at myself- it's just absurd. But- I trust the numbers and stumble forward blindly on my numbers- trusting that data never lies.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

Yep.

Unfortunately throw in for me female hormones and period bloat which unfortunately is a real thing- and I have days where I can barely stand to look at myself- it's just absurd. But- I trust the numbers and stumble forward blindly on my numbers- trusting that data never lies.

Good on you. That is one of those areas that's really hard for female strength athletes, from what I've read, and heard from talking to them. Most seem to freak out and cut their gains short. The majority of the rest either go into "*kitten* it" mode, and allow themselves to end up looking like stereotypical powerlifters, or actually manage to keep on as they were until a more appropriate time, peel fat back off, repeat.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member

Yep.

I've just been lurking on this thread, but knowing it's not just me who feels this right now has given me a little mental boost. I'm on my first ever bulk and my period is due and I wanted to cry when I looked in the mirror last night. But you're right. Just gotta trust the process and hold on until end of March.