APETAMIN UPDATE!!!!

So I've been taking the Apetamin syrup off and on since June 2016. I started off 109 pounds then slowly started to gain weight I went from 112 to 120, and then I was stuck for a moment and struggle to gain more weight so I stopped and once I did by October I was back at 110. so I started taking my apetamin again. once a day every day faithfully! Eating 3 big meals a day and snacking a lot after midnight lol. Around the time it was the holidays so I was eating plenty food and luckily my weight stayed at 125! In January I decided to buy the apetamin pills and I was taking one a day for about a week and my weight JUMPED to 130 so now I'm currently 133 When I saw how much weight I gain... I decided to start taking the apetamin 3 times a week until I feel like I'm good without and I totally recommend apetamin for anyone who struggles to gain weight DONT LET THEM CALL YOU SKINNY try apetamin today you won't regret it :)

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    20+lbs in 3-4 months is too fast and likely to be fat. You gained weight through consuming a calorie surplus not from any supplements.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    20+lbs in 3-4 months is too fast and likely to be fat. You gained weight through consuming a calorie surplus not from any supplements.

I agree - I've gained around 15lbs since September and can see that most of it is fat,and I'm following a progressive training programme. Still,if that's a person's goal is guess it's fair enough.
  • Bones2Toned
    Bones2Toned Posts: 73 Member
    Yes. She doesn't understand the caloric surplus. For those who are reading this and are interested in Apetamin, please understand if you ever want to set a health goal is best you aim to do it without supplements. However, if you decide you need a little assistance understand Apetamin is not making you gain weight, it's aiding you in intaking a load of calories without feeling too full.

The idea is that if you aren't gaining weight you aren't eating enough or you're underestimating what you eat. That's where MFP and this community come in to help you. I was 100 pounds and I'm now 108 in two months, about 1lb per week. It's safe to gain weight slowly. How I target my weight gain goals, I calculated how many calories my body burn in a day without any activity or you can add your activity. Search online for it. Then add 125 calories to it a day the minimum for 1lb of weight gain per week. If you want to up it go for about 300 calories the most. But I've eaten more as a female and I've gained too much fat quickly so stay between 125-300 additional calories. For instance if you're approximate to me, 108 lbs, 22 years old, lightly active, I aim for 2100 calories a day and bump it to 2300 for a surplus.

If you are having hard time figuring out what you should eat look up carb and fat densed foods, and protein foods to help build muscle. Or just eat foods you like for awhile and make sure they are giving you the macros (carbs, fat, and protein) you need to gain weight.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Just a note, 125 calories a day leads to 1lb per MONTH. To gain that a week you need a 500 calorie per day surplus.
  • Bones2Toned
    Just a note, 125 calories a day leads to 1lb per MONTH. To gain that a week you need a 500 calorie per day surplus.

Just a note I've gained a lb per week off an additional 125 calories. And no exercise
  • Bones2Toned
    I won't debate anyone's knowledge. If any individual is interested in further information on the specifics of my weight gain for any reason, just message me. I'm not an expert but I have my fair share of knowledge and experience on how the body works and what is currently happening with mine.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

Just a note I've gained a lb per week off an additional 125 calories. And no exercise

You may be eating only 125 calories more but you are in an 500 calorie daily surplus. It's how the maths works
  • comptonelizabeth
    edited February 2017

You may be eating only 125 calories more but you are in an 500 calorie daily surplus. It's how the maths works

I agree - it must be that you're eating around 500 over your personal tdee? I have found that my tdee is actually a lot higher than anything the online calculators say. Yours could be lower? They are only estimates.
    Also maybe you are logging and weighing more accurately now.
    It's great that you're getting results though!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    I won't debate anyone's knowledge. If any individual is interested in further information on the specifics of my weight gain for any reason, just message me. I'm not an expert but I have my fair share of knowledge and experience on how the body works and what is currently happening with mine.

People are merely explaining the science. 3500 calories roughly equals 1 lbs. So gaining 1 lb per week would mean that you have a surplus of 3500 calories over a week which means, if you were eating 2300 calories on average, your maintenance calories was (3500/7 = 500) 2300-500 = 1800. So when you are comfortable with your weight, you will have to back down your calories to roughly that point (+/- and changes in exercise or activity outside of what you are currently doing).

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    So I've been taking the Apetamin syrup off and on since June 2016. I started off 109 pounds then slowly started to gain weight I went from 112 to 120, and then I was stuck for a moment and struggle to gain more weight so I stopped and once I did by October I was back at 110. so I started taking my apetamin again. once a day every day faithfully! Eating 3 big meals a day and snacking a lot after midnight lol. Around the time it was the holidays so I was eating plenty food and luckily my weight stayed at 125! In January I decided to buy the apetamin pills and I was taking one a day for about a week and my weight JUMPED to 130 so now I'm currently 133 When I saw how much weight I gain... I decided to start taking the apetamin 3 times a week until I feel like I'm good without and I totally recommend apetamin for anyone who struggles to gain weight DONT LET THEM CALL YOU SKINNY try apetamin today you won't regret it :)

OP, I am glad its working for you, but you are literally the first who has enjoyed the benefits of Apetamin. Everyone else who has posted on here has complained about the side effect (bloating) and excessive fat storage in their stomachs.

Personally, I think its better to alter food combinations because using a stimulant as a crunch won't teach you how much or what you need to eat to maintain your weight.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

OP, I am glad its working for you, but you are literally the first who has enjoyed the benefits of Apetamin. Everyone else who has posted on here has complained about the side effect (bloating) and excessive fat storage in their stomachs.

Personally, I think its better to alter food combinations because using a stimulant as a crunch won't teach you how much or what you need to eat to maintain your weight.

To add, apart from the side effects, most that have used it to stimulate their appetites find they quickly lose weight when they stop taking it as they revert to their old eating habits. It's the same as losing weight, use a medication to help the process but don't do it whilst making lifestyle adjustments and remaining committed once you stop the medication then you will return right back to where you started.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

this, you gained weight due to a caloric surplus...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

you can't debate math, it is what it is..

500 calorie per day surplus = 3500 calories a week = one pound per week gain...

if you are gaining one pound per week then you are eating 500 calories a day surplus, or 3500 a week surplus.
  • busseyemily
    busseyemily Posts: 3 Member
    What where some high cal. food you ate ?
  • NaomiAnna22
    NaomiAnna22 Posts: 36 Member
    I got the syrup but find it annoying to take, do the pills work just as good and would one a day help me gain weight? can you also tell me the brand you bought please and thank you.
  • comptonelizabeth
    As stated above,it only helps with weight gain because it makes you more hungry.
  • Bones2Toned

I agree - it must be that you're eating around 500 over your personal tdee? I have found that my tdee is actually a lot higher than anything the online calculators say. Yours could be lower? They are only estimates.
    Also maybe you are logging and weighing more accurately now.
    It's great that you're getting results though![/quote]

I think my tdee is incorrect. I was just telling someone that it seems inaccurate. I'm having trouble with that. Any suggestions?
  • Bones2Toned
    ndj1979 wrote: »

you can't debate math, it is what it is..

500 calorie per day surplus = 3500 calories a week = one pound per week gain...

if you are gaining one pound per week then you are eating 500 calories a day surplus, or 3500 a week surplus.

Yes, I see. I guess my tdee is wrong. Because I only add 125 and some days 300 the most.
  • Bones2Toned
    psuLemon wrote: »

People are merely explaining the science. 3500 calories roughly equals 1 lbs. So gaining 1 lb per week would mean that you have a surplus of 3500 calories over a week which means, if you were eating 2300 calories on average, your maintenance calories was (3500/7 = 500) 2300-500 = 1800. So when you are comfortable with your weight, you will have to back down your calories to roughly that point (+/- and changes in exercise or activity outside of what you are currently doing).

No I definitely understand. I appreciate it entirely. It's just one person delivers their information in a strong and argumentative way. I don't debate. I'm a learner, I love new and helpful info.
    As for my weight gain, I'm getting different calculations for my caloric needs just to maintain. So I just did some adjusting last night because it's not constant. And I just made a month so I evaluated and can see what you guys are referencing.