Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• a_berg03
    a_berg03 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hey guys just had a few questions, wanted to know if anyone could help me out. I started at 211 pounds back in July, I'm down to about 161-162 with a 13 percent body fat. In order to lose all the weight and cut up I was hitting 67 grams of fat, 150-160 grams of protein, and anywhere from 80-100 grams of carbs, depending on if it was high intensity day or whatever, which I know it's kinda low. Now I feel like it's time to do a clean bulk, not trying to gain too much fat back, deff trying to add some muscle. How slowly should I up my carb intake??my BRM is 1775. Anyone have any suggestions about how slow to increase the carb intake and to what it should be around????thanks!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Meh. I feel kinda silly. Went to lift today and everything was fine. I increased deads and glute bridge by 5lb each. It's just the getting there and started, getting through squat and bench sets, then I'm fine and feel like I could go longer. And then I run out of time ..
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Meh. I feel kinda silly. Went to lift today and everything was fine. I increased deads and glute bridge by 5lb each. It's just the getting there and started, getting through squat and bench sets, then I'm fine and feel like I could go longer. And then I run out of time ..

Haha! I try to work out after work before I sit down and lose motivation.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    leajas1 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm up about 2.6lb since low after Thanksgiving. I'm gonna keep going in the weight room until spring break, and actually have a break. Not sure what to do after that. I'm feeling so ambivalent about lifting these days.

are you on a program?

I find endless programs that don't cycle bore me. I hate them. I need 12 weeks- or 6 weeks of actual training.

This is one thing I love about 5/3/1 thus far. Every session, you push the hell out of your heaviest set and go for rep PRs. Gives you something to hype over and channel anger into at every session.

There's also a huge amount of accessory potential built into it.

It's one reason I am really liking Bigger Leaner Stronger. I lift heavy for 7 weeks, deload the 8th week, and then the plan changes accessories. And I cannot wait until I deload next week... it's really needed.

And I think Wendler 5/3/1 is a great program for that flexibility as well.

I'm so glad you're liking BLS! Has your wife started TLS?

Unfortunately she has not. She has been dealing with a bunch of medical issues. Once they clear up, she plans on it.

Ooh I bought TLS aaaages ago but also bought Strong Curves. Now I'm no longer going to be working with a trainer I've been struggling to decide which programme to go with. Would you rate TLS?

Also, sorry to hear about your wife's medical issues. Hope she feels a bit better soon.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator
    I'm up about 2.6lb since low after Thanksgiving. I'm gonna keep going in the weight room until spring break, and actually have a break. Not sure what to do after that. I'm feeling so ambivalent about lifting these days.

are you on a program?

I find endless programs that don't cycle bore me. I hate them. I need 12 weeks- or 6 weeks of actual training.

This is one thing I love about 5/3/1 thus far. Every session, you push the hell out of your heaviest set and go for rep PRs. Gives you something to hype over and channel anger into at every session.

It's one reason I am really liking Bigger Leaner Stronger. I lift heavy for 7 weeks, deload the 8th week, and then the plan changes accessories. And I cannot wait until I deload next week... it's really needed.

Unfortunately she has not. She has been dealing with a bunch of medical issues. Once they clear up, she plans on it.

Ooh I bought TLS aaaages ago but also bought Strong Curves. Now I'm no longer going to be working with a trainer I've been struggling to decide which programme to go with. Would you rate TLS?

Also, sorry to hear about your wife's medical issues. Hope she feels a bit better soon.

I haven't done TLS, I am about to complete the first circuit of BLS and I really enjoyed it. Once, I get done my deload week (next week), I plan on posting progress/stats.

<-- excel nerd, so gotta get my geek on.
  • AMSmit88

are you on a program?

I haven't done TLS, I am about to complete the first circuit of BLS and I really enjoyed it. Once, I get done my deload week (next week), I plan on posting progress/stats.

Yeah, I just wondered if you had recommended it for your wife as you were doing BLS. BLS/TLS just don't seem to get as much love as other programmes on the boards, so it's interesting to me that you're calling them out. Cool, I might have a re-read and decide from there. And please, geek away.
  • psuLemon

are you on a program?

Yeah, I just wondered if you had recommended it for your wife as you were doing BLS. BLS/TLS just don't seem to get as much love as other programmes on the boards, so it's interesting to me that you're calling them out. Cool, I might have a re-read and decide from there. And please, geek away.

They definitely don't get as much love. And my wife will pretty much do whatever program I decide or design since I train her. Its a bit more complicated as she has an autonomic disorder, so sweeping changes in elevation and lying down completely flat are not an option.
  • AMSmit88

are you on a program?

They definitely don't get as much love. And my wife will pretty much do whatever program I decide or design since I train her. Its a bit more complicated as she has an autonomic disorder, so sweeping changes in elevation and lying down completely flat are not an option.

Yes, of course, I'd picked that up from other threads (hello, I'm a serial lurker). Definitely given me some more to think about though, so thanks!
  • psuLemon

are you on a program?

Yes, of course, I'd picked that up from other threads (hello, I'm a serial lurkerstalker). Definitely given me some more to think about though, so thanks!

Awesome, those are my favorite :p . I actually might start off with Starting strength for my wife. At least until she develops enough strength to exceed our current equipment. My plan is to get a rack and olympic bar. But that also depends on a bunch of other things.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member

are you on a program?

I'm sorry to hear that. She's got something to look forward to, then.
  • leajas1

are you on a program?

This is one thing I love about 5/3/1 thus far. Every session, you push the hell out of your heaviest set and go for rep PRs. Gives you something to hype over and channel anger into at every session.ve

I've been following the TLS program for two years. I love it and highly recommend it. It's your basic, straight forward weight lifting program.
  • AMSmit88

are you on a program?

This is one thing I love about 5/3/1 thus far. Every session, you push the hell out of your heaviest set and go for rep PRs. Gives you something to hype over and channel anger into at every session.ve

I've been following the TLS program for two years. I love it and highly recommend it. It's your basic, straight forward weight lifting program.

Cool, I'm going to dig it out and have a re-read - I'm just bored of my old trainer's programme and ready to give something else a go now I'm going to be training on my own.
  • leajas1

are you on a program?

Cool, I'm going to dig it out and have a re-read - I'm just bored of my old trainer's programme and ready to give something else a go now I'm going to be training on my own.

It's a really easy program to follow on your own. His other book, The One Year Challenge for Women is simply a workbook with a year of routines laid out (switching things up every 10-12 weeks simply so you don't get bored).
  • AMSmit88

are you on a program?

It's a really easy program to follow on your own. His other book, The One Year Challenge for Women is simply a workbook with a year of routines laid out (switching things up every 10-12 weeks simply so you don't get bored).

Ooh thanks. Adding to my payday shopping list.
  • psuLemon

are you on a program?

If you end up doing the program and finish it, you can then also look into beyond BLS. It incorporates various styles of periodization .
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    bioklutz wrote: »

Haha! I try to work out after work before I sit down and lose motivation.

I don't go home first, the gym is at work
  • AMSmit88

are you on a program?

If you end up doing the program and finish it, you can then also look into beyond BLS. It incorporates various styles of periodization .

Oh great thanks, this has been super helpful.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    12 more days to go till I am done! I am on target to be around 112 pounds (started at 104/105 in October).

I am trying to think of what to have as a last treat before I start cutting. I think I have narrowed it down to an adult milkshake (A Bit of Heaven, Bananas Foster, Truffle Shuffle, and Drunken Monkey all sound tasty!): http://www.grandvictoriacasino.com/assets/1/7/29355GVC_PrimeMenuUpdate_highrez.pdf

Oh and it is definitely time to start cutting - I don't feel very heroic in my iron man boy shorts anymore.
  • psuLemon
    edited February 2017
    12 more days to go till I am done! I am on target to be around 112 pounds (started at 104/105 in October).

I am trying to think of what to have as a last treat before I start cutting. I think I have narrowed it down to an adult milkshake (A Bit of Heaven, Bananas Foster, Truffle Shuffle, and Drunken Monkey all sound tasty!): http://www.grandvictoriacasino.com/assets/1/7/29355GVC_PrimeMenuUpdate_highrez.pdf

Oh and it is definitely time to start cutting - I don't feel very heroic in my iron man boy shorts anymore.

I like milkshakes... so that is my vote.

Just finished week 7 and have my deload week next. And holy crap on a cracker, it couldn't come fast enough.

I am going to retest my 1rm at the end of next week. And will post stats up once i get done with all the calculations.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

All the milk shakes!!! eat all of them!