APETAMIN UPDATE!!!!

2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I won't debate anyone's knowledge. If any individual is interested in further information on the specifics of my weight gain for any reason, just message me. I'm not an expert but I have my fair share of knowledge and experience on how the body works and what is currently happening with mine.

People are merely explaining the science. 3500 calories roughly equals 1 lbs. So gaining 1 lb per week would mean that you have a surplus of 3500 calories over a week which means, if you were eating 2300 calories on average, your maintenance calories was (3500/7 = 500) 2300-500 = 1800. So when you are comfortable with your weight, you will have to back down your calories to roughly that point (+/- and changes in exercise or activity outside of what you are currently doing).

No I definitely understand. I appreciate it entirely. It's just one person delivers their information in a strong and argumentative way. I don't debate. I'm a learner, I love new and helpful info.
    As for my weight gain, I'm getting different calculations for my caloric needs just to maintain. So I just did some adjusting last night because it's not constant. And I just made a month so I evaluated and can see what you guys are referencing.

I didn't read it as argumentative, but that's ok. The good news is, I laid out all of the math. The calculated TDEE's are all estimates and now you have a more clear picture of what your actual TDEE is. And that is really the key for real life feedback, which isl largely what people always forget to do.
  • Bones2Toned
    Bones2Toned Posts: 73 Member
    Yeah because you weren't on the other post. 99% of you are respectful and informative. I appreciate that.

I went off those estimates for weeks and I'm like okay let me stay around 2300. But then some days I'm more active than others, which I find trouble in calculating so I'll just eat 200 extra calories if I am.
  • Bones2Toned
    And as I'm gaining weight, how often do I adjust because the last week I haven't gained as much as before.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Weight loss/gain isn't linear so give it 2-3 weeks and watch the weight change and adjust accordingly.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    For women i tend to suggest a month because the are more effected by water weight.
  • Bones2Toned
    Thank you :)