Top Calorie burner exercises

Hi everyone. Im just wondering if anyone has more insight into the exercise and sports that helps burn more calories to help achieve better results. Please help!

Replies

• JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    edited February 2017
    For me personally, high intensity, one hour spin class. Probably because it is the only thing I'll do for that long. Maybe a real road ride.

Ain't no way I'm gonna run (knee pain) or elliptical (boring) for an hour.

ETA: If I'm at the gym, I'll do 30 min of cardio (about 200 cals) then about 30-45 min of weights (100-150 cals). I use my Apple watch to track weights/strength training.
  • chyna7777
    chyna7777 Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks guys! I agree sticking to.an exercise or sport that we enjoy. I know what u mean jenny about being bored on a treadmill. I get bored easily and i need variety.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    chyna7777 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I agree sticking to.an exercise or sport that we enjoy. I know what u mean jenny about being bored on a treadmill. I get bored easily and i need variety.

Insanity!
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    HIIT on a fan bike. RIP.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    Exercise is for fitness and health. And while yes there are exercises and programs that burn a lot of calories, they usually employ movements and intensity that the average person can't handle.
    If WEIGHT LOSS is the goal, then you're much better off instead trying to WORK OFF your weight, paying attention more to how you eat because how much you CONSUME is likely how one got overweight in the first place and not so much how less active they got.
    You can't out work a surplus.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    For me nothing will ever burn as many calories in the gym as 45 mins on the treadmill... if I get bored I do intervalls to keep things more interesting.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    For me, it's Tae Bo. It's a lot of fun, and you can do it at home.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    The London Ditchling Devil is my highest calorie burner - a 205km cycle ride.
    It's fun and the countryside (and food along the way) is great.

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-888/

• Malwane
    Malwane Posts: 14 Member
    HIIT for 15 minutes on treadmill is the best
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Running. Bonus is the that it takes less time. I can run 30 minutes, but it would take me an hour doing something else.
  • drakeshattuck
    drakeshattuck Posts: 50 Member
    I love hiking. The fact is, it takes energy to lift a pound to the top of the mountain. Therefore, the more pounds you weigh, the more calories it will take to get there. You burn pretty much the same if you run, or go slow and take rests. Fast is power and you get done faster. Take your time, enjoy it and rest when you need to. However, give yourself plenty of time. I have a favorite trail that is 2 miles long and the vertical gain is around .25 miles. You will burn thousands of calories, not hundreds each hike. Get a good pair of hiking boots, a good camel back water back pack and pack some food in case you hit the wall.

Remember, diet trumps so if you are thinking you will exercise really hard instead of eating reasonably, you won't lose much weight. I'd make sure your diet is providing at least 1 pound per week of weight loss and you can get the other pound exercising.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I like hiking too, I just don't live around any mountains.
  • ChevyChey
    ChevyChey Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2017
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    For me personally, high intensity, one hour spin class. Probably because it is the only thing I'll do for that long. Maybe a real road ride.

Ditto on the spin class. Loud music, cold room, instructor pushing you harder and harder...dripping wet when done...stretching out after is glorious too!

• scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    I have a favorite trail that is 2 miles long and the vertical gain is around .25 miles. You will burn thousands of calories, not hundreds each hike.

.... no.
    While you can burn thousands of Calories, you have to hike a long ways. I won't burn 1000 Calories unless I'm hiking 15+ miles a day.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    think Im like the only person who likes the treadmil lol

I mostly walk in intervals of a mod pace and very brisk and now and then add in a few mins jogging.

I origianlly lost 15kg with this as my only workout and counting calories (was eating arounf 1800 a day)
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2017
    chyna7777 wrote: »

I watch videos!

A tv series that my bf isn't interested in usually is what I will watch while on the treadmill doing intervals walking, jogging, running. Helps no end to pass the time.

I do the running/walking for half an hour keeping up a high heart rate and sweat lots: using C25K programme, I start at a minimum 2% incline and each running interval is slightly faster than the previous.
    Then I slow down a little (less than brisk) but increase the incline to 8-10% and walk uphill for half an hour - that burns me more calories than the jog and you can feel the slow burn in the legs.

Next thing you know you've passed an hour, burned 300-400 calories depending on the variables, and have been mainly occupied with the tv show! (currently it's Mr. Selfridge).

Some times I follow with 10-15 mins on elliptical but depends on how my legs are, and then some limited strength training. If I lose more weight them I will increase in strength training after my next gym instructor consultation.

If I have time, mainly at weekends, then I change from gym to the pool and do slow but steady lengths of breast-stroke, minimum 20. I find it stretches out the muscles and feels more like an all-body end to the work out.

But when I don't have time for other activities in the gym or pool, I know that the work on the treadmill is a good solid burn.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Nordic skiing -> running -> cycling -> hiking -> paddling.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    almalkna wrote: »
    HIIT for 15 minutes on treadmill is the best

Walking normally for 30 minutes will burn more calories than "HIIT" on a treadmill for 15.