Strong Curves Question - Want to lower hip measurement

2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2017
    dvannetzel wrote: »
    Well put. Hard training, and commitment will help. Do not expect miracles overnight. Lifestyle changes. Keto diet is good in so many other ways, inflammation. You become more insulin sensitive, good for diabetics or potential diabetics. And eventually decrease your appetite, added energy levels. I would at the least recommend she research it herself.

While i wont deny that its a good diet for some, if its not aligned to her goals, it wouldnt be ideal. If she had diabetes, IR or another medical issue, than it would change the situation. At this point, she did not indicate such a thing. And i realize the keto is back in style and is does have benefits for some. I just think there are many other diets that would provide greater benefit to this OP based on goals.

Ultimately, what is going to drive results is simple; what approach can keep the OP satiated, which one allows for dietary compliance and most important, which diet will enable her to push hard in workouts and maximize muscle protein synthesis.

Personally, i would probably suggest spreading out protein (~30g each), and time some carbs and pro pre- and post-workout if possible, recognizing that not having an aggrsssive deficit and total protein is most important.
  • dvannetzel
    dvannetzel Posts: 6 Member
    I concur
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    hablondi wrote: »
    Well, I don't think the measurement around is the only one to matter. Front to back width is different than side to side width. A small front-to-back (vs side-to-side) is going to give you pancake butt. You could have a large hip measurement but still have a pancake butt. I don't know about that specific program but I'd be happy with anything that could focus my behind actually behind me.

This makes a lot of sense and something that I was thinking about last night actually. Right now mine is side and back. I would love to lose the side part and keep the behind me part :)

Word. Mine is both. When I bulked I was focusing on the actual flutes though not the hips
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I think my "saddlebags" (and boobs, they have been resolutely stubborn to reduce for months now) will be the last to go. I think they'll take some good time into recomp when I get there (10lbs to go, hopefully!) to begin to slinky out. God knows how small my waist will be by then. But a lot of women would kill for my body shape so can't complain too much!

Speaking of which, time to throw some dumbbells about.
  • Zarinwahid
    Zarinwahid Posts: 7 Member

bbell1985 wrote: »
    You can do it while you cut, sure. I personally just did a strength program while I cut. I'm 5'4" as well and started with 44inch hips at 163. By the time I cut down to 128 my hips were 37 inches. I got them as small as I could, so I could build it back up better. I used some of the Strong Curves lifts to do it.

Sorry, but what do you mean “ while you cut”? I’m new to all this.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    khaliqua1 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    You can do it while you cut, sure. I personally just did a strength program while I cut. I'm 5'4" as well and started with 44inch hips at 163. By the time I cut down to 128 my hips were 37 inches. I got them as small as I could, so I could build it back up better. I used some of the Strong Curves lifts to do it.

Sorry, but what do you mean “ while you cut”? I’m new to all this.

It means while you are losing weight.