Blokes what can you squat?

Replies

• LonsyBoy
    LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
    numbers are just the equivalent of Vegans and anyone else who needs to brag to prove they are heros and superior... majority of the Olympians dont need to lift heavy for show and i doubt youll ask if they even lift haha
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    numbers are just the equivalent of Vegans and anyone else who needs to brag to prove they are heros and superior... majority of the Olympians dont need to lift heavy for show and i doubt youll ask if they even lift haha

What?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Technically, your friend squats 0 if he doesn't squat.

ETA: my husband pr'ed at 315lbs after working with a pl coach for 6 months. Highly unlikely, a guy can roll in and squat 400lbs on his first attempt.

this.

if he doesn't squat than it's Zero.

My male friends are 400-600 pound squatters. You're friend can't come in and squat that untrained. not happening.
  • LonsyBoy

What?

How do you know someones a Vegan? Dont worry, they'll tell you!

If you can catch my drift of number braggers youll see why its a Wan**rs bragging tool "Oh i can lift this much" but noone really cares...
    Better to walk into a room and people know you lift big (physical muscle appearance) then be a guy that needs to brag about lifting big (small appearance or large and no muscular shape)
  • LonsyBoy
    AnvilHead wrote: »

What?

If you can catch my drift of number braggers youll see why its a Wan**rs bragging tool "Oh i can lift this much" but noone really cares...
    Better to walk into a room and people know you lift big (physical muscle appearance) then be a guy that needs to brag about lifting big (small appearance or large and no muscular shape)

In your (obviously biased) opinion.

Most powerlifters couldn't give a crap less about what people think of their physique. They're about how much weight they can put up, not kissing their biceps while taking selfies in the gym mirrors or looking like an underwear model.

And any powerlifter who can put up serious weight isn't exactly going to look like a pansy.

Im talking from experience from the guys who don't compete or have any real reason to lift heavy other than an ego factor, and those serious guys wont brag numbers or even care about mentioning it
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

What?

Most powerlifters couldn't give a crap less about what people think of their physique. They're about how much weight they can put up, not kissing their biceps while taking selfies in the gym mirrors or looking like an underwear model.

And any powerlifter who can put up serious weight isn't exactly going to look like a pansy.

Im talking from experience from the guys who don't compete or have any real reason to lift heavy other than an ego factor, and those serious guys wont brag numbers or even care about mentioning it

You have a point here. Hell, my lifts are sad AF imo, and I still don't bother bringing them up unless specifically asked...and dammit, why does everyone want to know my bench? Benching is a glorified fun lift at best. No one ever asks for my deadlift. /sadface
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    About 108kg for 1rm

Squat twins! I just tested my 1RM on Sunday. :smile:

• jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    I started out doing 4x4 of 135 (atg) on 1 Jan 17, its been almost four months and I have finally progressed to doing 225 lbs 4x4. The hardest thing about it was having confidence to squat around individuals who were doing 3-4 plates on each side haha, one day Ill be there too!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member

What does this means? How do you know you've progressed if you haven't tracked your numbers? How will you ever achieve your fitness goals without progressive overload? Silly.
  • LonsyBoy
    bbell1985 wrote: »

What does this means? How do you know you've progressed if you haven't tracked your numbers? How will you ever achieve your fitness goals without progressive overload? Silly.

So youll need to openly brag and have everyone else begging to know your numbers just to see you've been making self progress? I dont go bragging about my new PRs on lifts or my new workout routines for the sake of a self entitled crown because of a few numbers with plates

My point is, noone cares... you may care much like seeing the scales or shirt sizes reducing or getting tighter in the right spots but noone needs to brag and rub themselves in areas of proving an ego, if you are getting new PRs constantly and feeling great then awesome! but we dont need to hear comparisons or ego numbers to verify someone

This post was about a guy bragging about his squat weight compared to a female lifter, so identify the topic here and stick to it, dont pull out the muscle shirts covered in the blood of your fallen victims to start some waste of time response
  • FITBIT35
    FITBIT35 Posts: 61 Member
    I squatted a fly once
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    I started out doing 4x4 of 135 (atg) on 1 Jan 17, its been almost four months and I have finally progressed to doing 225 lbs 4x4. The hardest thing about it was having confidence to squat around individuals who were doing 3-4 plates on each side haha, one day Ill be there too!

No, the hardest thing is still having a sadly low squat weight as a guy and seeing women squat considerably more, and doing it easier than you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

What?

You have a point here. Hell, my lifts are sad AF imo, and I still don't bother bringing them up unless specifically asked...and dammit, why does everyone want to know my bench? Benching is a glorified fun lift at best. No one ever asks for my deadlift. /sadface

Hey, @Gallowmere1984, what do you deadlift? ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Oh, and to the OP, I got 87 kg at my first powerlifting comp last month.
  • quiksylver296

What?

Hey, @Gallowmere1984, what do you deadlift? ;)

About 60 pounds less than my target for my first meet, so the answer is: not enough. :D

Isn't that always the right answer for "how much can you deadlift?" :p

Deads are my fav, too.