April 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    This is my first time to join this challenge. I just started running in October and finished c5k and then c210k. I'm still not sure if I qualify as a runner, but I do run 3 days a week so I am going to join. My goal for this month is going to be 40 miles.

Definition of a runner - you run. That's it, lol. So, welcome runner! There's a really great group of awesome, supportive, knowledgeable people on here, never be afraid of voicing any questions or concerns you might have, I've gotten lots of helpful info here.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    Thanks @7lenny7 and @KatieJane83!
  • ejnxyz
    ejnxyz Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2017
    April is ZombiesRun! month - I'm going to try to beat Feb's mileage and go for 50+ miles. (trails and dirt)

ZombiesRun! is the biggest smartphone fitness game,ever. More info on this app at https://zombiesrungame.com/ (available in your App store for free) It tracks my mileage, speed per mile, and shows maps with trails so I don't have to worry about getting lost.

For the month of April they are sponsoring 5K/10K planet wide racing! For more info check out https://www.zombiesvirtualrace.com/ ($ to enter, but you get a shirt and everything)

If you jump into the game, friend me, ejnxyz.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    200mi

Yeah man! Awesome!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I'm still not sure if I qualify as a runner...

So here is my idea of a t-shirt. I should trademark the idea before I post it....

Front of shirt says:

Running: a method of terrestrial locomotion allowing humans and other animals to move rapidly on foot where the gait is characterized by an aerial phase in which all feet are above the ground

Walking: a method of terrestrial locomotion allowing humans to move on foot where the gait is characterized by one foot is always in contact with the ground, the legs are kept mostly straight and the center of gravity vaults over the stance leg or legs in an inverted pendulum fashion.

Back of the shirt says in big letters:

Joggers find dead bodies.

@kgirlhart The bottom line is that if you run, you are a runner. There is no official definition for jogging or any other stuff. Welcome. Unless you find a dead body, then you get demoted to a mere jogger.

"Joggers find dead bodies." :D:D:D God forbid!!