Maintainers weekly Check-in April 2017

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Total Weight lost: 30 lbs
    Time it took to lose: came off in stages over several years (with some unfortunate yoyo'ing in there)
    How long in maintenance: This round, 2 weeks (in terms of days since I had a weigh-in anywhere above goal range). I "maintained" within 5 lbs of goal for about a year before this.
    Maintenance weight range: 129-133

Is there a way to see monthly average weight in Happy Scale? I only see a moving average that changes daily, nothing for the whole month, but I'm new to Happy Scale.

Average weight recorded from January: 132.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 133.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 132.1

Week of...
    3rd April : 131.0
    10th April :
    17th April :
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: I'm reverse dieting right now and easing back into maintenance. B/c I struggled over the past year, I'm concerned about maintaining long term (and whether I'll need to weigh/log forever). This weekend I went on a retreat where I ate well (followed my way of eating, fit in a few treats along with lots of healthy food) and when I came back, my weight hadn't changed a bit. :)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    edited April 2017
    Once again, I am at 115#. I have a lot more to say but will stay mum.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Name: Irina
    Total Weight lost: 70 ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 148- 153 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4

Week of...
    3rd April : 149.2 by scale and by trend, woo-hoo!
    10th April :
    17th April :
    24th April :
    Success / struggles of the week: not too much of either, getting my cycling miles, but not much of the gym/strength training. Trying to substitute with body weight exercises, and ended up with shoulder pain again. Need to correct my form, that's what seems to be the problem.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    fidangul wrote: »
    Lori If you lost weight with 1700 before, why deduct another 300 cals, especially if you are going to be left feeling hungry and dissatisfied. I'm in a similar position right now where I have only topped the hign end of my maintenance. So, technically I'm still in maintenance but like you would feel much more comfortable with a little buffer. I'm back to logging with a small deficit and it has made a difference. We need to remember that, now that we are lighter (even though my brain says otherwise) weight loss is slower.

That's what MFP is giving me. I seem barely able to maintain now at a higher level. I am lighter now, so I get fewer cals even for .5 lb wk loss.
  • goatette
    goatette Posts: 8 Member
    Name: Goatette
    Total Weight lost: 100 lbs (was over 250lb)
    Time it took to lose: 10 years (yo-yo diets, then various exercise - see profile for a bit more detail)
    How long in maintenance: 6 years
    Maintenance weight range: 150-157

Average weight recorded from January: 157 (and that's with a trip to a buffet & not holding back, & eating Domino's once weekly!)
    Average weight recorded from February: 157 (same buffet trip & weekly Domino's & occasional Burger King)
    Average weight recorded from March: 157 (no buffet trips :neutral: but still weekly Domino's)

Week of...
    3rd April : 156 lb on 4/7/17 - day after having two Burger king Rodeo sandwiches for dinner! :p
    10th April :
    17th April :
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: Thanks to my dedicated husband, who is my workout partner, we both work out for our 'cheat meal/s'. With the longer winter this year it's a bit more challenging to keep on allotment - comfort foods, but I'm becoming a lot more mindful about eating.

Note: Don't get me wrong, I do have a naturally slightly elevated metabolism, but now I'm over 30 it's starting to fade, so I work harder to keep it higher.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Adding height is a great idea @Rachelmilloy! Also, maybe frame size? Makes a difference in weight range if you're small, medium, or large. I'm 5'2.5" with a medium frame.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2017
    Trina2040 wrote: »
    Adding height is a great idea @Rachelmilloy! Also, maybe frame size? Makes a difference in weight range if you're small, medium, or large. I'm 5'2.5" with a medium frame.

Height is great, but not frame size. Frame size is very subjective and arbitrary. The wrist measurement thing is not necessarily reliable. I think a lot of people use it when they want an excuse. I suggest we stick with the "data"!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Trina2040 wrote: »

Height is great, but not frame size. Frame size is very subjective and arbitrary. The wrist measurement thing is not necessarily reliable. I think a lot of people use it when they want an excuse. I suggest we stick with the "data"!

Agree 100%
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2017
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.5yrs
    How I lost it: My story
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. So not really in maintenance quite yet.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day.

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs

Week of...
    27th March:123.9lbs
    7th April: 123.3lbs
    14th April:
    21st April:
    28th April:

Success of the week: Went out to eat twice yesterday, but think I kept the cals relatively in check anyway. (Egg, cheese, and sausage croissant with a bit of apple turnover for breakfast, grilled balsamic Portobello mushrooms with roasted red pepper, baby spinach, and caramelized onion on a toasted ciabatta roll for lunch. Only stole a few of hubby's chips! LOL)

Challenges of the week: Injured my knee hiking last Sunday. Seem to be able to walk, but it's still not quite right so stopped doing my leg exercises for now. Also, I am still figuring out the recent weight loss. Two variables that may have led to false higher weights in the last 2 months (water retention from licorice tea, and a "waste management" problem) have been resolved. If I continue to lose weight, I will consider that I have assigned too many cals to my stevia blend, and stop logging it to see if I stabilize.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 50ish lbs. (fluctuations)
    Height: 5'2.5"/Medium Frame
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 years this month!
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Average weight recorded from January: 130.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 130.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 130.3. Bye, bye, March!

Week of...
    2nd April: 131.2
    9th April: 130.3
    16th April:
    23rd April:
    30th April:

Success/struggles of the week: Weekly average back to normal and all is good in my world; surgery in two weeks so tons on doctor's appointments coming up. Can't wait 'til it's over. Rest and recovery to follow so gym schedule still sporadic. Happy week to everyone!