Trying to gain weight sucks

kaykay6676
kaykay6676 Posts: 80 Member
Is it just me or does it seem like trying to gain weight is way harder then trying to loose it?

Replies

• kaykay6676
    I can't gain weight. All I do is loose it. I was at 112 then I dropped down to 83. I don't know how but I can't get back up.
  • kaykay6676
    It kinda is obvious because if it was something that simple I'm pretty sure I'd know. And I have seen a doctor. They did test and took my blood and said that I'm fine and they don't know what else to tell me. But I mean you can't tell me someone loosing that much weight out of nowhere? I was 112 and now I can't get above 87. I'll get up to 87 and then drop right back down.
  • kaykay6676
    Yeah.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    I definitely would seek a second opinion if that was the only response you got from your doctor. It's very worrisome that you are unable to gain/maintain your weight if you are eating in a surplus. Your dr does not sound like they are taking your health very seriously, please look into another one.
  • kaykay6676
    That what I was thinking. I think as a doctor she should've looked into to it a lot more
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    edited April 2017
    kaykay6676 wrote: »
    That what I was thinking. I think as a doctor she should've looked into to it a lot more

Yes, sometimes doctors truly disappoint me when they don't look into things further that are obviously very serious. That is a lot of weight to lose no matter what, so unless you are anorexic and not eating enough (which obviously you are eating plenty since you said you are) then it's important to keep seeking answers.
  • kaykay6676
    Omg! Thank you. You understand. Haha! Everyone always just tells me to eat more. But I honestly feel like I'm eating enough.
  • kaykay6676
    True! But I still don't think I'd just randomly loose weight. Nothing has really changed in my life. I eat just as much now as I did when I when I was 112 probably even more. But I don't know. You could be right.