Trying to gain weight sucks

Replies

• kaykay6676
    kaykay6676 Posts: 80 Member
    I feel like I'm eating enough but you're probably right. I'll start keeping track. Thanks
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    kaykay6676 wrote: »
    Do you see the way your talking to me? You're being *kitten* rude. You don't even know me. And I'm actually trying to eat 2,200 calories a day. I've been trying everything. So don't sit here and tell me what I am and am not doing. When I say I'm trying everything. I'm trying everything. Maybe I'm not eating enough? But I'm going to try to now. And I've already said that. Over and over and over again have I told you that you could be right. So I don't see why you keep telling the same thing. Lol. I get it. I got that along time ago. So just drop it already.

You're "trying" to eat 2200 calories, or you are eating 2200 calories?

If you were eating that much, but seeing no results, and trying everything, wouldn't you be trying to eat more?
  • kaykay6676
    I am trying. But I don't really have a way to get good groceries right now without a car so I kinda just have to live off what's a around me in the middle of nowhere until I get my vehicle fixed. it's rough. But I am trying. So because of you guys telling me that I should really just try eating more im take you all up on that and I'm gonna look some stuff up and find healthy food with good calories and see what I can find around me. Because I want to gain weight and I want to be happy with myself so I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited April 2017
    And I just feel like there more answers then just "eat more". It just seems rude to me because of the names I've been called and the things people have said to me because I'm small. People can be really mean. So, I'm sorry. I didn't know. It's just it could be other things to couldn't it? What about stress, birth control, depression, etc..?

No one here has called you names. We've simply given you the answer to your problem. Which literally is eat more calories. I'm sorry people in your life call you names - perhaps consider though, that they are concerned about you, and how you perceive yourself is different to reality.

There can be reasons why your body would require more calories, but the answer is still eat more. Hence why we've recommended persisting with the Dr if you are in fact eating excessive calories consistently without weight gain.

stress and depression can effect people differently - perhaps it makes you lose your appetite. Those things make me want to eat more.

From what I know, birth control makes people put on weight.
  • kaykay6676
    Should I be tracking calories on things I drink as well? Or just things I eat?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Should I be tracking calories on things I drink as well? Or just things I eat?

Everything.
  • kaykay6676
    I was told that my birth control could be doing the opposite? So I recently got off of it. I was in the depo and I was told that it could really mess up my body to the point that I can't have children. When I was on was always depressed and just not myself. But idk if it has anything to do with my weight. But I'm definitely going to try an eat more now.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    I feel your pain! It's hard for me to keep weight on!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    log your drinks if they have calories. Water And most plain teas/ coffee don't have Any, but sweetners And creamers do.