Finally crossed into normal BMI-Land.

Wynterbourne
Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
I don't have any pictures to share yet, but just felt the need to share, with people who understand, that as of this morning, I officially have a BMI that is in the healthy "normal" range. I'm down 133 lbs from July of 2015. Still want to lose about 8 to 13 more "vanity" pounds, but this just feels a little surreal. Now I just gotta find a hair salon for my mini-goal reward. LOL. Haven't been in one in over twenty years.

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Well done. I can't wait to see pictures. You are an MFP Rock Star!! ;)
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Wow, well done, I'm 7 lbs off healthy BMI myself, thanks for the motivation to keep going!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    I don't have any pictures to share yet, but just felt the need to share, with people who understand, that as of this morning, I officially have a BMI that is in the healthy "normal" range. I'm down 133 lbs from July of 2015. Still want to lose about 8 to 13 more "vanity" pounds, but this just feels a little surreal. Now I just gotta find a hair salon for my mini-goal reward. LOL. Haven't been in one in over twenty years.
    CONGRATULATIONS I have 50 more to go to get to my normal---75 done---nice to see someone making it! GOOD ON YOU!!!!!

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    @Wynterbourne Congratulations on your weight loss and BMI achievement. Just keep on doing whatever you're doing.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Congrats OP thats a huge first step.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Congratulations, I like reading the support you give others as well :)
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Congratulations!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Talk about a well earned trip to the salon! Great work and congrats on the normal BMI milestone.
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    That's amazing! Congratulations! I'm almost there with you. 110 down, 12 to go to be in normal range. It's a little mind blowing to think about. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation talking but I wonder if it's like meeting your body for the first time.
  • rdupuy1142
    rdupuy1142 Posts: 21 Member
    Congratulations! I crossed into normal BMI a couple months ago and for competitive cycling reasons that is not enough for me, but nevertheless, I stopped worrying about it, and that was a nice lifestyle change. I am now down another 12 lbs and my wife asked me to start eating more. Lol....how funny is that. No chance of course...The normal BMI range is vast...I could lose another 20 lbs and still be "normal"... basically the weight I need to be is whatever makes me the fastest, lol...ok...too much sharing. You did great. I don't know about vanity, in my humble opinion, it is no more vain to be at the low end or at the high end.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Congrats thats awesome you definitely deserve to treat yourself
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    Thanks guys. Now if I can just stop embarrassing myself by getting all teary-eyed walking around a "normal" clothing store knowing I don't have to worry that they won't have my size.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Thanks guys. Now if I can just stop embarrassing myself by getting all teary-eyed walking around a "normal" clothing store knowing I don't have to worry that they won't have my size.

Let yourself be teary eyed. It's a big deal, a huge accomplishment. Go you!
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Congratulations on reaching a normal BMI. I remember how estatic I was when I reached the normal BMI zone a couple months ago. I couldn't believe it either. I still can't believe my BMI when I see it. Great place to be. Keep it up!! Job well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!