Maintainers weekly Check-in August 2017

Hey there maintenance friends old and new!!! This thread is a continuation from the previous month. The aim of this thread is to have a weekly weigh-in check for some accountability or support.

Name:
Total Weight lost:
Time it took to lose:
How long in maintenance:
Maintenance weight range:

Average weight recorded from January:
Average weight recorded from February:
Average weight recorded from March:
Average weight recorded from April:
Average weight recorded from May:
Average weight recorded from June:
Average weight recorded from July:

Week of...
7th August
14th August
21st August
28th August

Success/struggles of the week:

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    have fun and thanks for keeping this thread alive! Portion control is your friend.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    @lorrpb thankyou. Yes, I also plan to be as active as possible. Even more so, as I will want to enjoy our family feasts and get togethers.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    @jemalme You've done a great job in maintenance so far. It's ok to adjust your goal range, but I'd suggest allowing at least a 5 lb range so you don't get discouraged with normal water weight fluctuations. 2 lbs from 133 to 135 isn't much flexibility. Keep it going!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story (PhotoBucket broke my pics. Still working on fixing this.)
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 123 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby, like sign language) are the order of the day.

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight: 123.4lbs
    June avg weight: 122.6lbs
    July avg weight: 122.3lbs

Week of...
    28th July: 121.8lbs
    4th August: 120.7lbs (Loss mainly reflects banking, so lower food intake means less glycogen and sodium water retention, and less waste.)

Successes of the week: Succeeding somewhat with dialing cals back without majorly upping activity level past 20K steps to help build a deficit, although getting down to 1200 cals gross only seems to work if I skip breakfast and morning snack. Seems like it is better to let sleeping stomachs lie! LOL

Challenges of the week:
    Humidity and arthritis, procrastination of important things I need to deal with.
  • CoachJen71
    fidangul wrote: »
    .... I'll be away from my own scale during August but hopefully I'll be back in time for September. I know some of us have found this thread to be of some use so I didn't want you to miss out.

I'll be visiting family and I hope that I will still be able to maintain. I won't be looking forward to my first weigh-in when I get back.

Any who, whenever I get chance to connect to Wifi I'll be taking a sneaky peek. :)

Forget about the weigh-in. Just make as many good choices as you can and enjoy your family time. :smiley:
  • CoachJen71
    jemalme wrote: »
    Name: Jennifer
    Success/struggles of the week: I have experienced some setbacks in my personal life and have not been tracking as faithfully as I'd like. My weight crept up to 138, which is not where I want to be. I've decided to lose 5 pounds, so my weight range falls between 133 and 135. Sometimes maintenance requires a reset!

I know what you mean about faithful tracking. I keep sneaking in extra bites.

I hope the setbacks resolve positively and quickly, and that your weight settles back down as painlessly as possible! *hugs*

• CoachJen71
    Name: Ingrid

Struggles/successes of the week: being evaluated to donate a part of my liver and very excited about it, but nervous I will gain weight after surgery, if I am blessed enough to be able to donate.

Wow! You are an amazing person to make such donation!! <3
  • jemalme
    jemalme Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you @CoachJen71 for your kind positive words! I have been relying on my MFP friends for encouragement and to keep me honest when it comes to tracking. It's been a better week!
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2017
    Name:
    Height: 6'2"
    Total Weight lost: 78 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 7 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 lbs.

Average weight recorded from January: 184.7 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.7 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from March: 182.5 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from April: 183.1 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from May: 182.4 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from June: 181.4 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from July: 182.7 lbs.

Week of...
    7th August: 184.3 lbs.
    14th August
    21st August
    28th August
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Name: Bring back the joy
    Height: 5'6"
    Total weight lost: 36 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 months
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    August Goal weight: 113-118-I have a trip this month for two weeks so I am hoping that with my buffer I can be within my maintenance range again by the end of the month

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- average of 115 as I had a crazy 4th of July trip
    Start of august-115
    Aug 1-113.4/ 112.4 by trend
    Aug 8-110.2/ 111.6 by trend
    Aug 14-
    Aug 21-
    Aug 28-
    Struggles: I did not work out at al this weekend which I normally do at least one day.
    Successes: I was good about my mornings and made all my week days and worked out well. I was within my calorie range at least 5 of the last 7. Even when I had ice cream yesterday!
    Upcoming week plan: I leave tomorrow for my two week trip. I will try to work out when I can, eat well, when I can and have fun! I'll check in possibly by probably won't have access to a scale and at any rate, it won't be my scale.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Name: Irina
    Height : 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 75ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenan 9 months
    Maintenance weight range, adjusted: 145 - 150 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4
    Range of weight recorded from April 146.6- 150.4
    Range of weight recorded from May 144.6- 151.2
    Range of weight from June 143.6- 153.2
    Range of weight from July 143.0 - 149.6

Week of...
    7th August 147.4 scale, 147.0 trend
    14th August
    21st August
    28th August

Success/struggles of the week: last week i was having problems with fitting enough bike rides in. It puts me in the bad mood, and I'm feeling disappointed that i didn't make time for it and allowed things to get in the way. Other than that all is well.
  • CoachJen71
    k80flec wrote: »
    I've lurked for a few weeks and I hope I'm ok to join in.
    Name: Catherine

The next few weeks will be more of a challenge - no access to scales and I'm on holiday - so wine, scones and ice cream will feature large in my logging.

Sounds lovely! Have a great time!!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Thank you @CoachJen71 - I'll do my very best!!