Average weight recorded from May: 156.4
    Average weight recorded from June: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from July: 150.35

Week of...
    7th of August: 151.1, trend 149.4
    14th of August:
    21st of August:
    28th of August:

Successes- rested a little last week due to sore hamstrings. Wrapped em and iced em daily and cut off my intervals and did steady state in their place. Hamstrings are all better! Bought new sneakers too, which I actually think was the source of the problem in the first place.

Struggles- I've started to slowly begin to play fast and loose with my food choices, I've noticed. I've been trying to relax a little as I was super rigid and unrelenting and structured when I was losing weight, but I fear I'm taking it a little too far. Last week alone I had one day where I had three pieces of pizza, a few large cookies and a brownie and another day where I had a sandwich, lemon square, a brownie, and a flavored drink all from Starbucks. Went over my calories both days and pretty much ate freely. Luckily, id been under my weight range anyway, so all it did was put me back in my happy area, but I can't let that type of thing persist. Before I know it, I'll be back to having to lose weight again.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Name: Chris
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 54
    Time it took to lose: 1.5 years to reach original goal of 150, 5 months to new goal of 145
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137-140

Average weight recorded from January:153.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 151.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 145.8
    Average weight recorded from April: 145.1
    Average weight recorded from May: 142.6
    Average weight recorded from June: 140.5
    Average weight recorded from July: 141.5

Week of...
    7th August: 139.8
    14th August
    21st August
    28th August

Struggles: many, many birthday celebrations, too much cake. Frosting is a weakness.
    Successes: limited alcohol, kept up exercise, increased strength exercises, back within new maintenance range
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Name: Lori
    Any small gains during maintenance have been from increased eating out, I'm 100% convinced of that. We will have an in-room kitchen so that will help!

We only eat out at supper time when on a trip, and not every night. I pre-weigh/portion and pack my regular food and/or bring my scale. You may recall from earlier this spring, but last time we were on a trip we rented an RV at a KOA that had a little kitchen. I bought a quiche and salad stuff at the local store for supper, and took a Halo Top to nephew's bday party. (Birthday cake flavor, of course!)
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Wow these are awesome stories. It seems like everyone made a lifestyle change. I mean weight lost over many months or years and not a yo yo diet.

Name:
    Height: 5'6
    Total Weight lost:
    Time it took to lose: 18
    How long in maintenance:
    Maintenance weight range: 142-145

Year long proggession to 142

Week of...
    7th August 142
    14th August
    21st August
    28th August

Success/struggles of the week: Peanuts, I am on a low carb diet of 150 for diabetes. I didnt realize how may carbs peanuts are. So my carbs went well over 500 that day.
  • CoachJen71
    Name: Chris
    Frosting is a weakness.

Same here! That's why I mix vanilla, potassium salt, and light margarine into my peanut butter and chocolate yogurts. When my nasal allergies are just right, they taste pretty frostingey. <3
  • freedomhorse
    freedomhorse Posts: 3 Member
    Started on 188.7 on Aug. 3. Moving along. Now at 181.1. Feeling good. Goal to lose 48 pounds by next summer. 1200 cal per day. Tracking. Measuring and weighing foods. Trying to make best choices. Enjoy the freedom of picking my foods. Thank you for your support. Margaret on Kodiak Island.
  • CoachJen71
    Started on 188.7 on Aug. 3. Moving along. Now at 181.1. Feeling good. Goal to lose 48 pounds by next summer. 1200 cal per day. Tracking. Measuring and weighing foods. Trying to make best choices. Enjoy the freedom of picking my foods. Thank you for your support. Margaret on Kodiak Island.

Very nicely done, Margaret! You live in an amazingly beautiful place, but having seen Kodiak bears at a zoo, I would be scared to death to walk or hike out there!

Just so you know, this particular thread is a gathering spot for people in maintenance who like the continued accountability that many of us found in the weight loss forum. Please do absolutely feel free to join us here, but also know that there is extra support in the weight loss and motivation forums as well. :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I am overdue to check in. I'm at 134 right now, so just above goal range (128-133). Working on that ...
  • joanreneepas
    joanreneepas Posts: 85 Member
    Joan, age 58; height 5'4"
    Total loss 31# over 9 months
    Goal weight range -125-128#
    Present weight 124.6
    At goal one month
    Struggles- night snacking
    Successes- sticking to exercise routine religiously, cardio+weight training
    Looking for mutual support for maintenance- New MFP friends esp women my age group- friend me if this is you
  • mowgwan
    mowgwan Posts: 7 Member
    Name: morgan
    Height: 5'7''
    Total Weight lost:121 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 years
    How long in maintenance: about 2 months
    Maintenance weight range: 155-163

Week of...
    7th August 159
    14th August 159
    21st August
    28th August

Success/struggles of the week: I had gastric bypass sugery a little over two years ago. I am now in the maintains weight and healthy behaviors. It was a rough two years, but I am so happy I made this choice. I do struggle with a side effect of the surgery of hypoglycemia and not eating too much sugar to balance things when necessary. Sweets were always a favorite. Using this program is helping me maintain a healthy sugar intake to avoid low blood sugar episodes.
  • CoachJen71
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story (PhotoBucket broke my pics. Still working on fixing this.)
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 123 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby, like sign language) are the order of the day.

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight: 123.4lbs
    June avg weight: 122.6lbs
    July avg weight: 122.3lbs

Week of...
    28th July: 121.8lbs
    4th August: 120.7lbs
    11th August: 119lbs

Successes of the week: Mostly stuck to my calorie zone, although I was very snatch and grabby and eating a lot of my food really early in the day, making for long afternoons and evenings.

Challenges of the week:
    Fitbit is making me nuts! I gained weight because of it in April because it was crediting me with 60-100 cals for just walking for 15 min, and doing it several times per day. It seems to be doing that again. I made myself shorter on my profile to counteract the extra 300 cals it was giving me each day, and that helped somewhat. I can overwrite the bad data by logging walks through mfp, but I walk so many times during the day, it's a real pain. Overwriting may also have left me cutting too hard this week. I am trying to sort out my gross cals and weight trend. I may need to give up on net cals if I can't count on my Fitbit. (Will be contacting customer service, I think.)
  • joanreneepas
    joanreneepas Posts: 85 Member
    Jen, Sounds like you've be doing a super job of maintaining. Kudos to you! I'm just trying to figure out this part. What my daily cal goal should be and balancing my food and exercise for maintenance This thread is helpful
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Name: Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    Total Weight lost: 78 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 7 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 lbs.

January: 184.7 lbs.
    February: 182.7 lbs.
    March: 182.5 lbs.
    April: 183.1 lbs.
    May: 182.4 lbs.
    June: 181.4 lbs.
    July: 182.7 lbs.

Week of...
    7th August: 184.3 lbs.
    14th August: 184.2 lbs.
    21st August:
    28th August:
  • jemalme
    jemalme Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2017
    Name: Jennifer
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 43
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 134 to 137

Average weight recorded from January: 140
    Average weight recorded from February: 139
    Average weight recorded from March: 135
    Average weight recorded from April: 134
    Average weight recorded from May: 134
    Average weight recorded from June: 135
    Average weight recorded from July: 136

Week of...
    7th August: 135.6
    14th August: 137
    21st August
    28th August

Success/struggles of the week: Well, things seem to be going in the wrong direction for me! Still within a good range, but I would like to be under 135 most of the time.

Had my parents visit this weekend. My mom is a food pusher who loves dessert. They took us out to eat and insisted on treating us to drinks AND dessert - yikes! I didn't order dessert, but I did get wine. Why do I let her do that to me? I am 47 years old, but when my mom is around I act like I'm 10!

I need to faithfully track every day this week. That is my goal.
  • CoachJen71
    jemalme wrote: »
    Name: Jennifer

Had my parents visit this weekend. My mom is a food pusher who loves dessert. They took us out to eat and insisted on treating us to drinks AND dessert - yikes! I didn't order dessert, but I did get wine. Why do I let her do that to me? I am 47 years old, but when my mom is around I act like I'm 10!

I need to faithfully track every day this week. That is my goal.

Sounds like you made a good choice despite Mom's pushing. :^)

• CoachJen71
    edited August 2017
    Jen, Sounds like you've be doing a super job of maintaining. Kudos to you! I'm just trying to figure out this part. What my daily cal goal should be and balancing my food and exercise for maintenance This thread is helpful

I'm trying!! LOL Would be easier if I could trust my Fitbit or myself, but I don't know when I will get there. Lots of untangling to do with my food relationship, and being bipolar compounds the issue.

I am going to try 1700 cals for 20K steps this week and see how it goes. Trying to dial back on cals and cardio, but I have a hard time giving up my extra food.

My weight was fairly stable for 2 months this summer when I was just assuming that Fitbit was truthful. I think I need to go back to that and let go of the fact that it was right despite also being wrong. It might make me over on some days, but when I don't log hikes as hiking, it seems to balance out somehow.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from June: 122.8
    Average weight recorded from July: 122.1

Week of...
    7th August: 122.2 scale/ 122.1 trend
    14th August: 122.2 scale/122.3 trend
    21st August:
    28th August:

Success/struggles of the week: Everything is about the same this week. I feel like I am finally finding a balance between food and exercise. And so far I am averaging around 122 for August which is the 3rd month at 122 so maybe I am finally maintaining and not still losing.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Name: Irina
    Height : 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 75ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenan 9 months
    Maintenance weight range, adjusted: 145 - 150 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4
    Range of weight recorded from April 146.6- 150.4
    Range of weight recorded from May 144.6- 151.2
    Range of weight from June 143.6- 153.2
    Range of weight from July 143.0 - 149.6

Week of...
    7th August 147.4 scale, 147.0 trend
    14th August 148.8 scale, 147.2 trend
    21st August
    28th August

Success/struggles of the week: same old enemies, nightly snacks, too little time to exercise. Although nightly snacking isn't too bad, i just love the nuts and have a good selection at home, so i visit every jar multiple times.