Time for exercising

2»

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2017
    About 45-60 minutes per day, 6 days a week. If I miss one day or need another rest day, I don't feel too bad about only getting in 5 workouts per week. The minimum I'm happy with is 3 per week.
  • sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2017
    I just started working out again becuase i've gained about 60 lbs in the past 8 years since I took a break from MMA and martial arts overall. It sucks. I recently found a love for running races (5Ks are all i can handle right now).

So I just started working out again this week and I've been running or run/walking for 30 minutes and I plan on going 7 days a week and a couple of times a month i swipe the days because i usually participate in a 5K race

In about 2 weeks, I'll be incorporating strength training about 3ish times per week just to minimize any loose skin over time. I'll be breaking it down like this Bi/Shoulders/Tri , Legs/Back, Abs and for the most part they will be an hour, except for abs...probably 20 minutes or so.

In about 2 weeks after that I want to try this 100 pushups challenge LOL. This will be few minutes or so only. I think the 100 pushups challenge breaks it down depending on your current fitness level. This is 3x a week.

My goal is to eventually get fit enough (at least stamina wise) that I can return to MMA and martial arts in general and be able to keep up with the work outs without passing out LOL.

I used to train MMA 8 years ago and the type of workouts i did back then, there is no way i can physically do them now without improving on my fitness level over the next 4-6 months. I plan on returning to MMA training in 2018 also.

So long story short, I will be working out everyday for anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    5-6 per week. All running/walking
  • hillshalondad
    hillshalondad Posts: 2 Member
    eep223 wrote: »
    30-60 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week. If I can't fit anything else in, I go for a walk at lunch. Don't worry, you don't have to put as much time in as some of these folks to see results. We all have different goals.

Question: Is this just cardio or strengthening?
  • hillshalondad
    hillshalondad Posts: 2 Member

Question: What type of results are you getting?
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    5 hrs lifting 1 hr yoga 11/2 hrs cardio
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Probably 10 to 12 hours weekly between running, biking, swimming & strength but don't compare what we do to what you do, our goals may be very different, some of us have been running etc for over a decade and the truth is that if your goal is improved health (vs mine of competing in road races / triathlons) 30 minutes to an hour of activity daily is plenty.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    eep223 wrote: »
    30-60 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week. If I can't fit anything else in, I go for a walk at lunch. Don't worry, you don't have to put as much time in as some of these folks to see results. We all have different goals.

Question: Is this just cardio or strengthening?

Bit of both. I switch it up when I get bored and do whichever I feel like doing on that day. In the past, I lost weight walking only, but I was still pretty skinny-flabby. And when I was only running, I became injury prone when I was neglecting my strength. As soon as I added more strength back into my routine, everyone starting complementing me on my weight loss. I think the strength training part is really important, and if you're pressed for time it's the easier one to fit in.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I spend about 3-5 hours per week running, and probably about the same amount walking. When I first started losing weight, though, I spent maybe 30 minutes a day exercising.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member

Question: What type of results are you getting?

Hi! I've lost 45 pounds in the last 9 months.

But I am now starting to incorporate weight training as I want to get my running pace up and my distance farther. My running has been in a total plateau for months.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    All added up it comes to between 10-12 hours per week Depends a little on my schedule for work
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    2-4/week now but working on getting it closer to 4-6/week. 3 C25k runs and some weight lifting.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    12-14 hours per week, depending on my workouts. My runs are usually short--60 minutes max, but bike rides or yoga are in the 90 minutes range.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Depends mostly on running distance. Could be 30min intervals, gym work or several hours in the mtns.

I'll go with 90min/day avg.
  • kmr0293
    kmr0293 Posts: 50 Member
    14 to 21 hours a week
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    6hr of heavy training with weights and boxing then another 2-4 hours of light cardio and sometimes some yoga on the weekend
  • I manage to get in a 20-30 minute walk at lunchtime at work every week day and then depending on the evening I'll do a dance HIIT thing on the Xbox. If the child can stay in bed and go to sleep.
    In the weekend we have started going for family walks but if they don't want to come with me I'll go for a walk around the block on my own. I've just started exercising though so I'm not very fit
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day. 7 days a week.