Easy Breakfast ideas?

2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I alternate between a bowl of homemade yogurt and a smoothie with homemade kefir. Weekends, I vary a lot, sometimes eating stuff I didn't make at home. I guess I'm pretty serious, as I just last night bought a $90 blender for the smoothies.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    sheepingly wrote: »
    i dont know if you call this easy but make an egg scramble cup cake.

Basically in a bowl mix egg beaters egg whites, shredded cheese, diced ham, sliced bell peppers or spinach or something like that, salt, pepper, tiny bit of egg. Whisk together.

Bake in a cupcake cup tin...stick it in the oven at 375 until semi golden brown or inside is thoroughly cooked.

:D

My husband does this but to make sure the calories are portioned out more evenly we put the onions/ham/cheese in each individual tin, then mix the eggs up and pour into each one. He makes a dozen at a time (usually about 10 large eggs works) and then puts 3 in a bowl and has 4 breakfasts ready to go!
  • NelwynnValala
    NelwynnValala Posts: 29 Member
    I make a wrap with a ready-bought whole wheat tortilla. Super easy! For instance:

- 1 whole wheat wrap, 40 grams of houmous, red bell pepper & cucumber sticks, 20 grams of sprouts like alfalfa.
    About 200/250 calories (depends on the size of the tortilla), you can make it in a few minutes, surprisingly filling, it keeps so you can make it the evening before too, and you also get a bunch of vegetables in at breakfast this way. This has worked for me lately. :-) It works well with a cheese spread like Philadelphia chives light as well.