November 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited October 2017
    I am going to try to keep ramping to 90 miles in November, and also want to plan my spring racing (and figure out if I can crew/pace for a 50 miler my friend is doing). Oh, and do my physical therapy at least 5 days a week!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Still working on a November goal...
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Even though I missed my October goal, I'm in for 70km in November as long as I stick to my training plan and my math is right.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    girlinahat wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    In for 500k.

What are you going to do the other 25 days of the month?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    I'm in for 40kms in November. I'm just getting back into running after an injury and looking forward to being in my first ever running challenge!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    November goal 152 miles. I’ll be tapering to run a half marathon distance the Saturday after thanksgiving. I’ve already booked a babysitter to watch my kids while I do it :smile:

Last month my goal was 173 miles and I went over by 6.88 miles so a total of 178.88 miles! Definitely a monthly mileage PR for me.

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    @BruinsGal_91 these husbands I tell you! Ben started couch to 5k last week and informed me he'll better my marathon PB of 3:28 by forty minutes by JUNE. He also thinks he will be able to beat my Whistler 50 time by next October. He apparently doesn't think I'm a very good runner :p

Give him hell and don't doubt yourself. Like Moby I would outpace him in the beginning and develop a solid lead if you can to avoid his finish line shenanigans lol
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    @MobyCarp @JessicaMcB Yep. I think my plan should be to set off fast and hope he runs out of steam trying to keep up with me.

I'm actually really looking forward to it. It's quite a few years since we've raced together. Just hope we don't do the accidental bib swap.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @MobyCarp @JessicaMcB Yep. I think my plan should be to set off fast and hope he runs out of steam trying to keep up with me.

I'm actually really looking forward to it. It's quite a few years since we've raced together. Just hope we don't do the accidental bib swap.

Did that recently in a 5k. Too a bit to figure out why I crushed my AG when I was sure some finished ahead of me. :lol: Turned out I had my wife's bib and I was more like 5th or 7th or something in my AG. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Goal: Set a distance goal.

Events:

Nov 5 – The Bloody Long Walk 35 km walk
    Nov 12 – Local event, either HM run or 10 km run
  • lchristine1234
    lchristine1234 Posts: 2 Member
    I'll try for 20 miles. I'm not typically a runner, but would like to start adding more cardio to my routine.
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    I'm in for 80km. I may still meet my 100km goal for October but with the weather here slowly getting colder I know I won't want to go outside as much and the elliptical isn't as good as actual running.