What do you eat for...the meal..the time...or your body?

What makes you guys eat?

Is it the time of day that you just go ahead and make lunch because you have work to do shortly after?

Is it that you are actually physically hungry?

Is it to meet calories?

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I eat when I'm hungry.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2017
    Because I'm hungry.
  • _AshLynn
    _AshLynn Posts: 134 Member
    That is interesting to me. I typically do too, but tend to go through periods where I wouldn't feel hungry until maybe 3 or 4 p.m. and then it throws off my calories!
  • TavistockToad
    _AshLynn wrote: »
    That is interesting to me. I typically do too, but tend to go through periods where I wouldn't feel hungry until maybe 3 or 4 p.m. and then it throws off my calories!

Just eat a larger breakfast and larger meal at 4 to hit your cals?
  • TavistockToad
    Pre logging might help you hit your targets too?
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Mostly, when I’m hungry. I might have an avocado, or a spoon of peanut butter if it evening and I’m very low on calories for the day. I’ll also try to eat something if I’m heading to work bc there’s no outside food at my job.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    My work schedule is crazy and unforgiving at times. On those days I eat when I get the chance or I get very hungry. When I'm not at work, I eat when I'm hungry, and occasionally when I'm bored, but much less frequently than what I used to.
  • _AshLynn
    Mostly, when I’m hungry. I might have an avocado, or a spoon of peanut butter if it evening and I’m very low on calories for the day. I’ll also try to eat something if I’m heading to work bc there’s no outside food at my job.

That is a good point to make. On days I am super low calories I should do this to remain constant.
  • Sunnybrooke99

Do you make it up on other days? I make an effort to get to 1000, but I don’t worry about the deficit after that bc I’ll usually make it up on weekends.
  • _AshLynn
    No I am pretty consistent. My issue is my appetite goes away with stress...so I will have a few days of being negative by 500 ish (sometimes more or less). But on normal days I will be +/- 200 calories of 1600.

I think it just gets me thinking because I don't want to get in the habit of being in a huge deficit. Example Last week my grandmother passed (I'm ok ...all is ok, not saying this for attention) but I didn't eat much and I started getting in the BMI category "under weight" and I don't want to be there because its just not healthy for me in my mind.

So the peanut butter tip is probably a great suggestion and will be easy enough to fit in when I start to worry about eating when I'm not hungry.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    No I am pretty consistent. My issue is my appetite goes away with stress...so I will have a few days of being negative by 500 ish (sometimes more or less). But on normal days I will be +/- 200 calories of 1600.

I think it just gets me thinking because I don't want to get in the habit of being in a huge deficit. Example Last week my grandmother passed (I'm ok ...all is ok, not saying this for attention) but I didn't eat much and I started getting in the BMI category "under weight" and I don't want to be there because its just not healthy for me in my mind.

So the peanut butter tip is probably a great suggestion and will be easy enough to fit in when I start to worry about eating when I'm not hungry.

On your cookie thread, someone suggested peanut butter, oats, and maple syrup. I don’t like sweets, but I mashed up peanut butter and oats, and formed it into a party between plastic wrap, refrigerated, and cut it into little squares. My son and I will have a few on rushed mornings.
  • _AshLynn

On your cookie thread, someone suggested peanut butter, oats, and maple syrup. I don’t like sweets, but I mashed up peanut butter and oats, and formed it into a party between plastic wrap, refrigerated, and cut it into little squares. My son and I will have a few on rushed mornings.

Yeah I thought those sounded good too! That's another great option!
  • Sunnybrooke99

Yeah I thought those sounded good too! That's another great option!

Oh, I did sprinkle them w a little salt, bc I do crave salty snacks.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Sometimes all the reasons. Mostly right now though I eat every few hours to hit my calorie goals.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I eat in response to my relentless, hedonistic food fantasies.

I’m such a sicko. I will get other people to eat to satisfy my food fantasies. Like, I’ll offer to make my boyfriend a quesadilla bc I want one.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I generally eat according to a schedule, but I tend to be hungry based on whatever schedule I am in the habit of following. (I will not eat if I'm really just not hungry, but that's rare, I usually can eat!) I don't eat when I am not planning to just because I think I'm hungry unless there's something more to it (significantly more activity than usual or something), as it's never really that long until a meal (I eat 3 times a day normally) and I figure it's often in my head vs. real hunger.

Anyway, I don't really experience significant conflicts between my usual eating times and my body, not when I've been eating well and regularly.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I eat because come meal time I'm hungry

I eat because I need to feed my body

I eat because I'm very active and I need calories and nutrients to replenish my body and to aid in recovery and fitness improvements.

I eat to be healthy.

I eat because food is noms.

I eat because if I didn't, I would die.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    When I was T2 I had to eat on schedule. I could not allow too much time between meals so I always packed snacks in case of emergencies. It kept me away from fast food and convenience store options.

I have a scheduled job so meals follow a schedule as well. Weekends are a free for all so that is when calories can sneak in.

I tend to stress eat.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I eat in response to my relentless, hedonistic food fantasies.

I did not need the images this brought about :noway: :laugh: