Vegan protein recommendations

rawvegpower
rawvegpower Posts: 19 Member
I’m sure there is much better/cheaper powders out there then the vega I’m currently using.

What have you all found to be beneficial? Cost/performance.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I'm not vegan, but I've heard really good things about this one (mixed with almond milk or in a smoothie, not water): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019HUR24K/
  • Tofu! I love tofu, and if you get silken tofu, you can add it to smoothies, etc! <3 I haven't personally used protein powders, so I don't have any recommendations there, but I hope this helped!
  • chestinator
    chestinator Posts: 16 Member
    I use Prana On Plant Power protein powder and highly recommend it. Mixes well and has a decent range of flavours. Not sure how much you'll spend in the U.S. but here in Aus the normal price is $69.00/kg. I try to take advantage of the sales :) Still it works out to be $2.80 AUD / serve for around 30g of protein inc some other added stuff (BCAA's/extra leucine etc). How much of that protein as absorbed is anyones guess but thats the rub when moving away from whey/casein. Good luck!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Women’s Best (UK based, but ship worldwide) has a new vegan line. I’m not vegan and have bought a couple of the powders. Really good flavor.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2018
    I like orgain vegan powder (pb flavor). I only consume it with plant milk, though, so I don't have any idea if the flavor is good w/ water.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have tried http://orgain.com/products/organic-protein-powder/ it mixes decent, is a mix of plant proteins so amino acids would be in good ratio, and the taste is better than many others. It is a bit more expensive than some other brands. It has 21g of protein per serving that while not as high as a good whey it is good for vegan. It's a tad higher in carbs than a whey but being plant-based many of those are dietary fiber.

Oh like the above poster I drank it with almond milk but went with the chocolate. It's not as good with water but no protein is IMHO. Still, I could drink it with water fine and it did mix.
  • dgmoose
    dgmoose Posts: 2 Member
    I use Natures Sunshine - Love & Peas - because it is a good source of protein and was recommended by my ND.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 964 Member
    edited January 2018
    I like Protein Plus Peanut Flour from Amazon. Low in fat and I add it to almond milk, banana and little hershey's dark cocoa powder.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Genuine Health Fermented Vegan Proteins+
    Rice and beans
    Tempeh
    Nutritional yeast
    Tofu
    Nuts
    Edamame
    Hemp seeds
    Lentils
  • louisegillanders
    louisegillanders Posts: 9 Member
    I use vegan prime prot3in triplex - it’s allergen/soy free but has a complete amino acid profile and tastes pretty good in choc flavour! I buy it from a local health food shop but I believe you can buy it easily online
  • rawvegpower
    rawvegpower Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you all for the responses. It’s great to hear what you all find tasty and nutritious, there are so many damn options it will make your head and wallet spin.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 383 Member
    I use vega complete chocolate protein its very good