Overnight Oats?!

supamac42
supamac42 Posts: 1 Member
Hey!

I'm looking for tasty recipes for overnight oatmeal. Anyone have any they really like? If so, can you tell me what you add because I'm looking to add that into my meal plan for breakfast. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    google. I add whatever I am in the mood for; fruit, protein powder, peanut powder, flavored sugar free coffee creamer, sugar free chocolate chips, nuts, honey...
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    I made my own. I need something that will support my early morning work out but go down in no time. I've fine-tuned what gives me the most energy and keeps me the most full with the fewest calories. I make a whole work week's worth at once.

1/3 C oats
    1 serving protein powder
    2 T pB2
    1 T cocoa powder
    1 t cinnamon
    water

Sometimes I'll swap out the PB2 and/or cocoa with fruit and/or yogurt.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Oatmeal, kefir, whatever you want. Leave it out overnight. The kefir makes such an improvement as to change your life.
  • smurph1968
    smurph1968 Posts: 30 Member
    1/4 cup oats
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 tsp chia seeds
    frozen fruit on top
    stick in fridge til morning. Sometimes I add PB2.

Quaker Oats website has several recipes.
  • stephanierae07
    stephanierae07 Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2018
    My fiancé likes these I make for him, 60 grams of old fashion oats, five ounces of skim milk, one teaspoon of raw honey, and 2 tablespoons of walnuts he eats it every morning
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2018
    Mine is pretty unimpressive, but I like it, I eat it daily with a bunch of berries. It's a modified recipe from Eat Lift Play Repeat. The recipe lists Vanilla flavor, but the picture is of one made with the chocolate flavor.

a7c16n4j7jaz.png
    8dtuez6035gc.png

• Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    My fave:
    1/3 cup oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 TBS Cocoa powder
    1 TBS Sunbutter or Peanut butter
    1 tsp Honey

Also satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    My go to recipe for overnight oatmeal:

1/2 mashed banana
    1 tsp peanut butter or 1 tbsp. PB2
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup cooked quinoa
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    cinnamon
    your choice of frozen fruit
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    To put a spin on this you can prepare as normal and then blend into a smoothie in the morning with a little extra almond milk and it's really tasty to drink on the go.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    I just bought some Bob's Red Mill Fruit and Seed Muesli Cereal. I'm going to make it into overnight Swiss Muesli using Greek yogurt this week.
  • knoxalex0326
    knoxalex0326 Posts: 3 Member
    I just did a recipe last night
    2 tbsp almond butter
    1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
    1/3 cup dark chocolate almond milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Do you guys eat overnight oatmeal cold the next morning? I often mix my ingredients in the evening, so that in the morning I just have to put the bowl in the microwave, so I guess they are overnight oats, but I always eat my oatmeal warm.
  • yoliyoda
    yoliyoda Posts: 58 Member
    http://ohsheglows.com/categories/recipes-2/breakfast/vegan-overnight-oats/

Angela Liddon has tons of creative easy recipes.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I normally just have pretty basic overnight oats;
    Oats
    Cashew Milk
    Frozen Berries

All that mixed together for overnight and then I add Banana and/or Apple in the morning.

Sometimes if I don't have any berries I mix some cinnamon in, and that goes really well with apple!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    The recipe I use is equal parts oats, milk, and Greek yogurt, then mix in whatever sweet or savory items you like. Jams, honey, dried fruit, nuts
  • valleymum
    valleymum Posts: 33 Member
    I've tried making overnight oats but mine tasted super pasty and chalky. I used quick oats. Any suggestions as to what I could do better? I just layered fruit,yogurt and quick oats
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    I use the same basic recipe...1/2 cup steel cut oats and 1/2 cup milk (whatever kind you like). Then I add different things for different flavors......(1) 1/2 chopped apple, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp brown sugar.........(2)1/2 chopped peach, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp brown sugar.........(3) 1/4 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp brown sugar...............(4) 2 Tb canned pumpkin, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, pumpkin seeds (optional)...................(5) 2 Tbs dried cranberries, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 Tbs chopped nuts, 2 tsp brown sugar...................(6) 2 Tbs shredded coconut, 1 Tbs slivered almonds, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Mix and match until you get flavor combos that you like. I eat mine cold....and I only use steel cut oats because I like the crunchy, chewy texture they give.