Please help me make my coffee tasty again!

wazette2
wazette2 Posts: 14 Member
Hi there! Looking for ways to make my coffee tasty again!! I am pretty frugal with my calories but I am tired of my coffee not tasting like the tasty treat it once was. Please help this coffee lovin momma out!!

Replies

• wazette2
    Hot water[/quote
    Haha...I suppose that's a start!! I'll have to try that! ;)
  • lisadreyer1963
    lisadreyer1963 Posts: 2 Member
    I love my nespresso machine so I use that every morning - I use Oatly Oat milk and a tsp of pure maple syrup. The aeroccino machine froths my milk up and makes it warm and foamy. Sometimes I mix Hersheys dark cocoa into the coffee if I want a mocha. There's no sugar in the Hersheys Cocoa.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited February 2018
    Also, baking flavors like vanilla, almond, etc will work in hot coffee, but not iced unless you added it while the coffee was hot. (Otherwise all you taste is alcohol. Learned that the hard way trying to flavor my yogurts.)
  • wazette2
    I like the international delights too..my go to, but I'm looking for something a bit creamier than my 1 Tbsp gives me.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    When you made coffee before, what was in it?
  • wazette2
    When you made coffee before, what was in it?

I usually did international delights..but would occasionally do 2 Tbsp instead of 1..but that would put me at 70 calories and 10 carbs just got my morning coffee. I usually have coffee three times a day so that's 30 carbs just in coffee =(
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I use half/half and splenda too. Half/half is 40 cal for 2 Tbsp. I never need that much to make it creamy. I find I use less of the real stuff than fat free so the cal and carbs were less using the real deal. Sometimes I add cinnamon to the coffee grinds when I brew it. I also agree that cold brewed in the summer is great. It is so smooth and I can use less to sweeten it. This spice coffee is great too. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/11/fun-with-coffee.html You can add all sorts of things to the grinds, cocoa powder is good too.
  • happygal2
    happygal2 Posts: 1 Member
    International Delight caramel machiato creamer, 35 calories per TBS its great