How often do you take measurements? Weight, body fat, waist, etc?

I'm not new to working out, I have been going to the gym for about 3 years now. However, I only last month started dieting and tracking my calorie intake as well as calorie burn.
I see most people weigh themselves once a week due to daily fluctuations making it hard to track progress. I have been weighing myself daily because I'm curious to see my overall trend.

How often do you measure your body fat percentage? Or you arms and chest, etc?

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    I weigh daily. I take measurements once a month, after my cycle when I'm less likely to be bloated. My body fat percentage is still "yes" so I don't worry about that one too much (50lbs from goal lol)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I weigh daily and track in Happy Scale & Libra for trending. When actively losing, I did tape measure and progress pics @3 months because I liked to see big changes. In maintenance I do it about @6 months. I’ve done dunk tank BF test 1/yr in maintenance. BF scales are notoriously unreliable.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I weigh daily and take no other measurements. I had a dunk test last year at 178 lb and that found my bf to be 13%. I'm above that now and working my way back down.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning after using the bathroom, and track it on the Libra app (android here).

Measurements and progress photos are taken weekly.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    I like weighing everyday as well, it's pretty much meaningless on a day to day but the numbers eventually tell you your trend. As for measurements, once a week.
  • ellenmlove
    ellenmlove Posts: 11 Member
    I’m weighing weekly so I don’t get obsessive about little fluctuations!

I don’t have a scale at home so I have to go to the gym to check my progress. One more bit of motivation to get there!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I weigh daily and take measurements weekly.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Weekly for the most part. I started to weigh daily as I'm on a cut and building endurance and monitoring sodium intake more closely.

Measure for success and be consistent - typically first thing in the morning after voiding.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    I weight daily and average the numbers at the end of the week. That's my weight. I'll measure every now and then if I'm curious.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I weigh daily and track with a trending app, take measurements and progress pics monthly.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I weigh daily, track with Happy Scale on my iPhone (trending app), and don't take measurements or bother with body fat percentage. I'll know when I need to buy a new pair of pants.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited February 2018
    Weight - Daily. Data recorded and saved on MFP, Libra and Excel.

BF - Was measuring this quarterly by hydro and DXA during weight loss and 1st yr of maintenance but now plan to measure it annually after reaching and maintaining at 10%BF.

Body measurements - periodically. No set schedule.

I seldom take pics. They can illustrate major changes over time but are useless for monitoring progress empirically.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    I track daily. By doing this I can see how it would suck to weigh only weekly and happen to hit those bad weight days a week, 2 or 3 in a row when the other 5-6 days were more reflective of where I really am.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    I take measurements once a month and weigh myself everyday.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited February 2018
    When I was losing I weighed in weekly. The first thing on Friday mornings. Now during maintenance I weigh in once a month.

I also take my measurements once a month. The only difference now is that I just measure main areas like my bust, waist, hips etc. Not my neck, calves or thighs etc. like I did when I was losing weight.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    I weigh myself everyday. I take my measurements once a month
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    I weigh every day. I measure whenever I feel like it.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    I weigh in every day, in the morning and at night and do body measurements at the end of each month. :)
  • Atmc1
    Atmc1 Posts: 18 Member
    I rely on taking measurements more than weighing myself and I do it probably twice a month,I judge progress based on my measurements and how I look in the mirror.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited February 2018
    I weight in every day because, turns out, I get far less worked up about stepping on the scale right after I get up and use the bathroom every day than I do if I check my weight once or twice a week. My scale is synced with Trendweight but I don't look at it with any frequency. I've been meaning to take body measurements on a regular basis but it just hasn't happened.