Cheese Pizza & Buttercream Frosting...pffftttt...

Wadeeee
Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
I'm on day 34 of my WLJ, and I think I'm finally getting the hang of exercising self-control.

I mean, for serious this time.

Last night, we had homemade pizza for dinner. HOMEMADE. PIZZA. One of my all-time favorite things in this world. With a perfect crust that was crispy on the outside, but fluffy on the inside. That I lightly broiled on the top for that perfect golden hue of melted mozzarella. That was perfectly seasoned and...yeah, okay...you got the picture. And, I decided going into it, that I was only eating one slice.

And, I only ate one slice. SHUT UP...I CAN'T!! You read me right. I ONLY ATE ONE SLICE. And though I secretly planned the demise of everyone else at the dinner table that had an extra slice, I totally lived! It was a miracle, of sorts.

Then...and here's the biggie...then I made six double-batches of vanilla buttercream frosting. ALMOST 40 FRIGGIN' POUNDS of whipped, buttery, vanilla-y deliciousness.

Let me dissect the recipe for you...I'm talking 4 ounces of pure vanilla, 2 pints of heavy cream, 12 pounds of salted butter, and 24 pounds of powdered sugar. Why would I make that much, you ask? Because, I needed a snack after being so stingy with my pizza.

JUST KIDDING FRIENDS!!!

I run an at-home bakery on the side, and I've got lots of cupcake bouquets to make for Valentine's Day. And though they are gorgeously amazing in every way, want to know what the most amazing thing is?! Out of the 40 pounds of buttercream that was sitting on my counter, this guy did random tastings throughout the batches (because I'm just like that), which totaled only about 1-1/2 teaspoons. Oh yeah, that's right.

And the best part?! No really, this is actually the best this time...

For the first time in about 2 years, the number on my scale this morning started with a 1 instead of a 2. I'm literally beside myself right now, and more motivated than I've been in a long, long time.

Now salivate over my cupcake bouquets and get back to working out, fit fam! Happy Tuesday! :)

2vv8h2t.jpg

Replies

• times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    wow you are not kidding telling me to salivate. OMG the look so yummy and pretty. Congratulations on you onederland. I cant wait to get there.
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Awww yay!!!! Good for you!!! I can feel the happiness coming through this post, you're doing great! Welcome to One-derland!!!! :smiley:

And, those cupcakes look AMAZING.

I will also admit to eating an entire pizza for lunch today.
    Balance. :wink:
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Wow. What a victory day for you. Congrats on the self restraint and Onderland!!! Your cupcake bouquets are lovely!
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    I thought it was flowers at first!!!! So pretty!!! Then you get to eat them!
  • glennagael
    glennagael Posts: 84 Member
    SO awesome. Keep posting along your journey- I hope day 364 is as triumphantly tongue in cheek as day 34! Way to go.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 330 Member
    Congratulations on the "1" on the scale!! But what I really want to say is those cupcakes are beautiful!!!
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Awesome!!! and those cupcakes are GORGEOUS!
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    OMG please ship me some of those cupcakes.
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Great job on the self-restraint and getting to one-derland! Those cupcakes look AMAZING. Just amazing. Yum.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Good job on the self control. But I really came on here to say - like everyone else - the cupcakes are beautiful!
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Amazing!!!! Great job resisting and great job making beautiful cupcakes!
  • Congratulations!!!!!! Those cupcakes look AMAZING!!!
  • jennabun101
    jennabun101 Posts: 54 Member
    Gorgeous cupcakes!!! And congratulations on your victory!!!!
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    This post was a wild ride from start to finish! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Beautiful!! And congratulations!!
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Great job all around! And those cupcakes...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!