I lost 10 stone with My Fitness Pal

marlihan1
marlihan1 Posts: 46 Member
edited March 2018 in Success Stories
The picture on the Left was Jan 2016. The picture on the right is March 2018. I woke up one day and decided enough was enough. I needed to get healthy from the inside out, and the thought of another person offering me their seat on my morning commute to the office because they thought I was pregnant, was just too embarrassing, and I want children one day - how could I be a good role model at 18 stone?!
On the 16th January 2016 I joined a gym and downloaded my fitness pal and started tracking my calories. I discovered running for weight loss and weight lifting, and I threw myself into it. There were days that I just couldn’t be bothered to workout, but I made myself.I discovered endorphins and this was new for me. That feel good factor really was (and still is) my drive, it took around 3 months of continuous workout routines, some days I found it so hard and despised it, and other days I found it easy and loved it. After around 3 months it became part of my life. Im now over 2 years into my new lifestyle and I love it.
I can’t believe I waited so long to lose this weight. Im now a happy and healthy weight (I range between 8.5 and 9 stone but generally stay away from the scales these days) If I were to give one bit of advice to someone starting their own journey, it would be DON’T GIVE UP.
Don’t think about the future - think about the here and now. Take each day as it comes. I wanted to wake up one day as a slim person and not have to endure this gym and calorie counting life - but thats not going to happen. Take each day as it comes and celebrate your successes at the end of each day. I have one more piece of advice - Plan your meals! It makes sticking to your daily calorie allowance much easier.
Thank you MyFitnessPal for changing my life. If it wasn’t for this app, I’d still be 10 stone heavier.
[edited by mods]

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    You are truly inspirational-= look amazing- I am happy I started my fitness journey too
  • huskydoo
    huskydoo Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2018
    marlihan1 wrote: »
    The picture on the Left was Jan 2016. The picture on the right is March 2018. I woke up one day and decided enough was enough. I needed to get healthy from the inside out, and the thought of another person offering me their seat on my morning commute to the office because they thought I was pregnant, was just too embarrassing, and I want children one day - how could I be a good role model at 18 stone?!
    On the 16th January 2016 I joined a gym and downloaded my fitness pal and started tracking my calories. I discovered running for weight loss and weight lifting, and I threw myself into it. There were days that I just couldn’t be bothered to workout, but I made myself.I discovered endorphins and this was new for me. That feel good factor really was (and still is) my drive, it took around 3 months of continuous workout routines, some days I found it so hard and despised it, and other days I found it easy and loved it. After around 3 months it became part of my life. Im now over 2 years into my new lifestyle and I love it.
    I can’t believe I waited so long to lose this weight. Im now a happy and healthy weight (I range between 8.5 and 9 stone but generally stay away from the scales these days) If I were to give one bit of advice to someone starting their own journey, it would be DON’T GIVE UP.
    Don’t think about the future - think about the here and now. Take each day as it comes. I wanted to wake up one day as a slim person and not have to endure this gym and calorie counting life - but thats not going to happen. Take each day as it comes and celebrate your successes at the end of each day. I have one more piece of advice - Plan your meals! It makes sticking to your daily calorie allowance much easier.
    Thank you MyFitnessPal for changing my life. If it wasn’t for this app, I’d still be 10 stone heavier. [edited by mods]

Sweet Mother Mary!! What a transformation! If I may say so, smoking hot!

Seriously, you look fantastic! Great job! Those legs are awesome by the way

• QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Wow what an amazing transformation!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • marlihan1
    Thank you very much for the support! I wish you well on your journeys xx
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Wow! Well done!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Congrats on your loss!
  • marlihan1
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Holy crap! I had to zoom in to the tats on your foot to even believe it’s the same person. Two HUGE thumbs up. That’s dedication.

Haha! Thanks very much
  • fattybooma
    fattybooma Posts: 3 Member
    Holy Moly! You look amazing !
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Bloody hell!!!! What a fantastic job you’ve done!
    You’ve proven to me, that with dedication we can change our bodies!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Amazing! Well done you look fantastic, great to see such a fab transformation you look so fit, powerful and healthy! xxx Inspirational.
  • ared10
    ared10 Posts: 5 Member
    You look sensational! Such an achievement! <3<3
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    OMG !!! If it wasn't for the star tattoo's I'd swear it wasn't the same person.

Congratulations..... seriously..... you had to have put in a lot of hard work and effort.

And wow.... I'd kill for those calves.... and those abs.... and.... lol...... just wow!
  • dysonsphere1
    dysonsphere1 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the post and congrats!
  • arpank
    arpank Posts: 27 Member
    Amazing transformation! Can you please share your weightlifting routine when you first started it? I am running right now, I would like to start weightlifting.
  • marlihan1
    arpank wrote: »
    Amazing transformation! Can you please share your weightlifting routine when you first started it? I am running right now, I would like to start weightlifting.

Thanks very much, I first started weight lifting around a year and a half ago, I have slowly built the weight up. A typical morning for me a year ago would start with a 10k HIIT run, then a 45 minute weight session that included something like this (3 sets of 6 reps on each) barbell deadlifts: front - 12Kg, Back- 20 Kg (so no extra weight- just the bar), sumo squats with a 12.5kg Dumbbell, 10kg barbell pull ups (from a sumo squat), 20kg (so again- no added weight, just the bar) barbell bench press’s with 10 crunches in between. I would then spend 15 minutes stretching out with a roller because you need to shift that lactic acid.

Thanks, if you need more detail let me know

X
  • marlihan1
    Bloody hell!!!! What a fantastic job you’ve done!
    You’ve proven to me, that with dedication we can change our bodies!

Yes you are right! Anyone can! I never thought this was possible for me, I didn’t have the energy. Now I feel so great. I can’t believe I waited so long to do it. Xx
  • marlihan1
    bikecheryl wrote: »
    OMG !!! If it wasn't for the star tattoo's I'd swear it wasn't the same person.

Congratulations..... seriously..... you had to have put in a lot of hard work and effort.

And wow.... I'd kill for those calves.... and those abs.... and.... lol...... just wow!

Wow thank you very much. It’s a work in progress but so far I’m happy with the results.

Thanks for the support
  • marlihan1
    Awesome job! Great job documenting with progress pics! My pics aren't showing the progress that my name suggests, unfortunately. I'm still at it though!

Don’t give up. You will start to see results soon enough. Perseverance is the key. It’s probably the toughest thing I have ever done. But now I’m feeling the rewards and boy is it worth the pain and suffering haha

Thanks for the support.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!