Whey Protein Strawberry Waffles

bsix3
bsix3 Posts: 291
This is one of my favorite recipes. I'd like to try your variations. Let me know what you'd change or add.

I use the whey protein by Body Fortress. You can pick it up at Wal-Mart.

4 scoops whey protein powder
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Mix thoroughly and makes 2 waffles. This will give you over 60g of protein per waffle with less than 6 carbs.

Top with sugar free syrup

My variations:

2 tsps pecans, macadamia nuts
diced strawberries

Enjoy!!

Replies

• wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    This sounds awesome! Printing it out for Sunday breakfast. Thanks! :drinker:
  • MrsHRogers
    MrsHRogers Posts: 24
    BUMP
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Sounds good! How many calories do you know? Thanks!
  • bsix3
    Sounds good! How many calories do you know? Thanks!

Good question....
    I did some quick resarch and this is what i found using a belgian waffle as a guideline.

****COMPARISON****
    A belgian waffle has about 350 calories per waffle (Buddy Slim). Keep in mind that it's made with flour, yeast, butter, milk, eggs and sugar. The calories in a Belgian waffle consist of:
    224 calories from carbohydrates
    90 calories from fat
    28 calories from protein

as a 100% guess i would say between 150-250 calories per waffle. 1 scoop of whey protein has about 130 calories...
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    These look interesting. I only have cookies and cream in the pantry now. Guess I need to run over to walmart. I'm going to have to try this without the baking soda since that will put my daily sodium intake over.
  • kitchensync
    kitchensync Posts: 22 Member
    Sounds good! I make strawberry crepes - protein powder and egg whites :) they are yummy!!! And can be stuffed with anything or just rolled and eaten plain :)
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Bump!
  • bsix3
    Bump!

Please educate me....what does replying "bump" mean?
  • Bearman45
    Bearman45 Posts: 46
    As far as I understand, people will reply with "bump" as a means of flagging a post for their own reading later on. By replying, it puts the post on your own profile so it's easy to find later. Sort of like bookmarking a web page.

It also "bumps" the post back to the top of the forum.

Thanks for recipe by the way!
  • bsix3
    As far as I understand, people will reply with "bump" as a means of flagging a post for their own reading later on. By replying, it puts the post on your own profile so it's easy to find later. Sort of like bookmarking a web page.

It also "bumps" the post back to the top of the forum.

Thanks for recipe by the way!

ahhh, thanks for educating me. I like to know what's going on. haha! and you welcome.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    BUMP!
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    They sound yummy! And also what you can do to find out the calories is create your own recipe on here .... putting in the specific items that you use and mfp will calculate everything for you :)
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Those sound good! Wonder if they would pass the "kid test" or better yet the "teenager test" at my house! I've never used the whey protein. Is there a difference in the products out there? Might be a dumb question, but I really don't have any idea! And how much protein is too much? I eat at least 2 Greek yogurts a day plus my low carb Slim Fast and Healthy Choice meals for my dinners, plus snacks, so I'm just trying to figure everything out. Thanks in advance for any info!
  • Well it looks like i know what im having for breakfast tomorrow.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    bump! I need more protein in my life...