So what do you think of the new forums?

Replies

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    edited October 2014
    Anyone know how to make it stop saying how many new posts (in a yellow box on the Recent Discusssions page) next to every title? I accidently hit the "mark all as read" button and now these yellow boxes are everywhere!!!

I really don't care that there have been 51 new posts to the "would you send a nude..." thread!!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    Anyone know how to make it stop saying how many new posts (in a yellow box on the Recent Discusssions page) next to every title? I accidently hit the "mark all as read" button and now these yellow boxes are everywhere!!!

I really don't care that there have been 51 new posts to the "would you send a nude..." thread!!

@srslybritt cares. You should too.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Kind of weird...eh.
  • Icoza87
    Icoza87 Posts: 111 Member
    Definitely more of a lurker.. but I kinda like it.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    sixout wrote: »

So much. I care so much.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member

But I never even read it :cry: I never ready any of these threads but because I pushed a button they are all screaming at me about new posts!

Can I have my old forum back please?
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member

But I never even read it :cry: I never ready any of these threads but because I pushed a button they are all screaming at me about new posts!

I asked @baba_helly and she said no, sorry.
  • cristyfarah11
    cristyfarah11 Posts: 29 Member
    Now the pictures are smaller, don't really like that :(
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    to be decided!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    I have been doing some of the beta testing so I'm already familiar with some of the new features, miss my ticker though :(
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Honestly not that impressed.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    It will take getting used to and I haven't been here long.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    My ticker is gone too. :(

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.

This exactly- Unfortunately, the only thing positive for me is ease of adding pics. However I rarely do this. I can't find my posts & conversations- HUGE negative. I, so far, don't like it. No dates- Hate that.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member

I asked @baba_helly and she said no, sorry.

I might reconsider for @sixout

• Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    My ticker is gone too. :(

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.

This exactly- Unfortunately, the only thing positive for me is ease of adding pics. However I rarely do this. I can't find my posts & conversations- HUGE negative. I, so far, don't like it. No dates- Hate that.
    Do you mean the date of the post? If so just hover your mouse over the time of the post and the date comes up

• p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Sucks @ss :p
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    figures ..... just when I get the hang of something, they gotta go change it ......
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    I do not like the fact I can not see if I have a message or friend request until i get out of the forums, nor do I like the fact that all the responses are white with an itty bitty line between. Very hard to tell.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Meh, the function seems to be okay. The old one was fine too, so the change seemed unnecessary to me but I'm not mad at it.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Change is always unsettling at first. I like that the pages don't stop after 20 anymore, which gets rid of the need to make multiple versions of it. I know more changes will come.