So what do you think of the new forums?

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    So no recent posts? That's lame. :cry: :frowning:
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    A lot better for mobile, not sure how it looks on the desktop. As a web developer it was crap that they didn't have a basic web version, you can't expect to get everything you can on the desktop, it just won't r user friendly on a four inch screen.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    way to go MFP ..you took a good system and made it suck ….nice...

SO TRUE!
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Don't like it one bit. Why change what works?
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Can't find my old groups, this signing in to post sucks
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,425 Member
    My thread is gone. Gone I tell you; came back from working out of town and my whole world has changed and not for the better. Thread is gone I must sign in every time I want to comment, site is clumsy and much less user friendly. AAAAAaarrrrggggghhhhhH!
  • KMW1219
    KMW1219 Posts: 63 Member
    I hate it :(
  • Rompers_16
    Rompers_16 Posts: 63 Member
    Not happy with it. Too much scrolling!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    I can't lurk in these conditions :(
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    So far gota get used to it I guess, Pics of users a lot smaller, no ignore button, and the smileys suck. And cause I cant spell it still needs a spell checker.

:lol:
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    So far gota get used to it I guess, Pics of users a lot smaller, no ignore button, and the smileys suck. And cause I cant spell it still needs a spell checker.

:lol:

No ignore button or better yet a block this user button :-(

• mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Everything is too small for mobile devices. MFP must still think everyone does everything on a big desktop computer monitor like they did several years back. Most people view websites with phones or tablets now.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    mike_ny wrote: »
    Everything is too small for mobile devices. MFP must still think everyone does everything on a big desktop computer monitor like they did several years back. Most people view websites with phones or tablets now.

No, it is too small on a computer too.

Also, with all these options, you would think they would include a preview button - a lot of forums have that option (all that I go to other than this one at least).
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    now I need to use microscope to read the forum ;):p
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    _TylerJ wrote: »
    First world problems.

Actually it's also a third world problem. I access in the "third world." The changes at MFP aren't exactly a BIG problem in the scheme of things, but the world is global and highly digital, even in the remotest of places -- you'd be surprised -- and there are an astoundingly large number of people signed up to MFP from my own very "third world" region.

BTW, as I scroll around to see if I could find my previous comments --- AAARGH -- and hope someone is listening, I'll add this:

The current search function doesn't respond well to keywords. And, to reiterate what everyone else seems to be saying, the lack of an automatic "my topics" and an easy-to-follow group function is likely to discourage a lot of people from using Community. Including me, when I get done ranting about it.

I've been involved in website redesign (from content side, not tech) and know it's harder to fix from the tech side than we'd think. Lots of times problems crop up afterwards and it's a big "oh whoops. Ouch." I have to think that's the issue with some of these things. I do hope the fix doesn't end up being too hard.

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    TBD
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    edited October 2014
    Okay so i did some research in the code and it looks like they are using the vanilla forum framework ( which is mobile friendly) and voila i am on my phone lurking the forum and it is so much better looking on my phone than via the web browser. Very interesting.
    Wow, if it looks better on the phone than PC it must be absolute *kitten* on a computer, because it looks confusing and horrible from a mobile.

It is!! Its like drunk monkeys loaded the code then got stoned and said "ah f this" we're out. :tired_face:
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    blazepurr wrote: »
    tziol wrote: »
    now I need to use microscope to read the forum ;):p

What about now?

its better now :smiley:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    tziol wrote: »