Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    LIN, me too. I had no idea you have done so much damage to yourself and I'm very glad you have a friend checking in with you daily. I do wish we all lived a little closer!
    Anne. 💜💜
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Guy Fawkes Day

pouijnwocfdh.jpeg

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Another nonstop day and some of us more tired than others!
    mcmctek6yulm.jpeg

I missed a morning walk expecting the electrician to be with me but it turned out he had another emergency to attend so meanwhile I worked on repair work to the outside wall. It’s now ready for a coating of stabiliser that I’ll paint on tomorrow. The electrician did finally arrive and worked until about 7pm and hooray, everything now completed until after the walls are finally plastered.
    My neighbour kindly walked George and Betty late afternoon and I think we’re all now ready for bed because both just asked to go outside for a last visit. I stood in the doorway looking at the brightest moon and shivering... it’s going to be a cold night!
    Few fireworks this evening so I’m guessing supplies are low since most normally come from China.

I’m so sorry Lin to read how much you’ve been suffering since your fall. Thank goodness for good friends that have kept an eye on you. 🥰

I did watch a bit of news before reaching for the off button and have to admit the complex US election process is beyond my comprehension so I’ll stick to our messy lockdown from now on.

I’m off to bed. More time to catch up tomorrow.
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Here we are...still on tender-hooks, waiting for the news on who will lead us crazy Americans to whatever comes next! We will depend on you people up north and across the pond to help us stay sane. You will have a big job my dear friends.

Did my turn on the election board. We take these things very seriously. Rules are printed up on posters. Even our little county has vote counting observers. We are careful even when taking breaks and snacks. This great democratic experiment comes with obligations and responsibilities.

Did my duty and now we let the chips fall where they may. Providence will guide this election process. Hoping for the best for for all of us.

,our son is bringing his South American girlfriend to Oregon for the holidays. John and our son don’t feel good about their coming here. They feel it is still too risky. We will unfortunately Zoom on thanksgiving and Christmas. I will cry and everyone will tell me to behave and be glad we are all safe and healthy. They are right. But I will still cry!
    Patsy☘️
    P.s. Be well dearest Lin. We can’t bear the thought of you suffering and needing help. You always help others, yet you might actually need assistance yourself. I can only send positive thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery.❤️
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    My pad just gave up the ghost and I lost everything. Good morning friends, hopefully more later. The pad is rather old.
    Anne. 😇❤️🐶💜 hope you've woken up feeling much better LIN ❤️💜
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Good morning! We've walked across the blustery moors and I'm now in the process of vacuuming every corner of my cottage to clear up dust and more dust. Thank goodness the sun is shining so after lunch I can crack on with coating the back wall with a stabiliser solution. I did catch a bit of news on the radio just now and hope you are all staying calm!
    Patsy, watching from a few thousand miles away is easy so I find the audacity of the man currently in the big white house tends to raise nothing more than a cynical smile from me but I'm sure between us Anne and I will do our best to jolly you along while one court case after another drags things out. As with Covid, look to the future and tell yourself one day life will get back to some semblance of normality!

Anne, I sometimes feel just like your ipad but hopefully a little rest and it will be back to its old self!

Lin, Please feel a whole lot better this morning but if not, seek more advice.
    4fweftembn4u.jpg

A quick snack then out with the paint brushes.
    Happy Friday everyone and as ever, stay safe.
    Jackie

• pinkperil
    Options
    A dear friend creates a desk calendar each year to send instead of a Christmas card so it was done before elections and Covid. I’m sharing November because it is quite appropriate. (Her granddaughter in the photo)
    cskdf3g4gnfh.jpeg
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Just had the Canadian radio on to the strains of "Georgia on my mind"! LOL. If it helps it is said that 79% of Canucks are hoping for a Mr Biden win! I'm watching from across the lake JACKIE. We can see Buffalo on a clear day. That's the city of course!!
    Mike will be over soon in his new/old car. Apparently he will need a tin opener to prize me out of it.
    I'm in a rather flamboyount mood, wonder why?
    LINS puss cat is so like my "departed to the kitty litter in the sky" dear little Tabitha!
    Anne, 🎼🎼happy days are coming soon, tra la la 🎼❤️💜
  • linder4866
    Options
    Moving very slowly today. Thanks for the good wishes. ❤️

Here’s the teapot of the day.

“Copeland-Spode 'Chinese Rose' set, the teapot, creamer, and the plate at the back date from the 1930s (the Chinese Rose design itself dates to 1913, but I don't think these are quite that old) the sandwich tray on which the teapot and creamer are perched dates from 1977 and is a Spode (as opposed to Copeland-Spode) item.”

7yws8dx9ydee.jpeg

Will return later.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous day… with nice sunrise over gym parking lot, Wegmans grocery for just a couple items and lunch prepared (only need to zap later). FRIDAY LUNCH (305 cal.) Organic Spring Mix, Cucumber, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Red Onion, Grilled Vegetables, Buffalo Chicken Burger, Spaghetti Squash, Hot Salsa – plan to get out a bit and enjoy this incredible weather! It was almost 60 at 4:45am and likely will hit 70 with lots of sun right now.

ofd8s8a5i6n8.jpg
    97yfm9kt6obz.jpg

Lin – Nice art deco pot! Glad you are doing better. Jean has been a bit anxious over the pending election results. I am more of a wait for all results and surrounding facts etc before forming a final assessment. Guess it’s the “Spock” in me. LOL

Sandy – Kudos for your speaking ability, it isn’t always easy. I can recall times I was ok…and other times “not so much.” Glad U are getting some nice weather too. As for the election, I’m taking another day to chill from 90% of my normal news…which usually includes a multitude of TV stations with opposing right/left leanings and online news sources. Righteous Bros are a top 10 of all time for me. Have several vinyl, cd’s and on my car flash drive. Andy Williams brings back a lot of warm memories too – always meant to go to Branson, but never made it.

Jackie – I see someone is “dog tired” – cute pic. As far as you “expecting the electrician to be with me” – mums the word, I won’t tell a soul. LOL. Warm thoughts in dealing with your lockdown… you certainly don’t let the moss grow under your feet. Enjoy your vacuuming and dusting (& sunshine). I’m with you on Covid and normalcy!

Patsy – Sounds like you did a great job on the election board and it does instill a ceratin confidence when you see people taking it seriously. “Did my duty and now we let the chips fall where they may.” Pretty much how I feel. I have a feeling Thanksgiving and Christmas with my daughter and grandkids will be waaay different this year. Certainly not the norm. Plans are still unknown and usually we’d know exactly what we’d be doing.

Anne – enjoy that flamboyant mood! Happy days!

Adios for now Bob – best to all.

• linder4866
    Options
    Me again. How does the day just vanish? Did a bit of laundry, returned books to the library and took a drive around looking at the beautiful trees and bushes, had a long conversation with a friend. A mutual friend of ours is in some difficulty and she and I discussed some care facilities in the area, just in case our friend cannot get back to her home. This lady’s son has stolen a great deal of her money, charged up her credit card, heavy handed her into taking out a home equity loan and has taken her car. She is frightened of him so legal work in the offing and for now, she cannot return to her own home. That was quite a conversation. I am so sorry for our friend, she really loves her son and just got into an increasingly bad situation as time progressed.

Oh and more banking issues. So more online set up this afternoon. It must be all set up eventually right? And yes, I did check in on the news more than once today.

I hope to get back to some card making and sending this weekend. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Our warm weather will be ending soon. Precipitation expected next week, the form of that is yet to be determined. 🌧🌧❄️❄️

Bob, your broccoli always looks so good that I ordered and consumed a bag of frozen broccoli this week. Yum. I will re-order that brand again! Raw broccoli and cauliflower do not love me that much now, but cooked is a-okay.

Jackie, I adore the photo of George. What a cute, fluffy fellow so comfortable in that chair. I hope the cleaning up is all finished now, you deserve a break.

Anne, I hope you had a wonderful visit today and that the car is exactly what your son wanted.

Hi Sandy and Patsy, and everyone.

Hoping for no violence in this current situation. We are in a stew fellow Americans. It must be better to observe.

Lin
    ❤️❤️

A couple of finally finished puzzles. I really couldn’t do much for a few days so finally got a bit of a spurt of ability to concentrate, and yeah, finished them.

gz2yh2le9f53.jpeg

791zticbzdeb.jpeg

• pinkperil
    Options
    A gorgeous day. The cold wind has dropped considerably so the temperature has risen to a balmy 15c! We enjoyed a lovely moorland walk and met a few people to stop and talk to along the way so if I don't see another person today I have at least made contact with the outside world but hmmm, too many strangers in the area again so I'm guessing some took advantage of 4 days notice to lockdown and travelled to Cornwall in spite of our government asking them not to since we only have the one hospital to cater for over a half million residents.
    Plans for today are muck out the hens (priority!), pick crab apples to make chutney and trim a laurel hedge at the end of the garden that I want to fence off in the next couple of weeks in an effort to keep Mr Fox out. The chicken run has been doubly secured but as we know, foxes can be cunning!

A beautiful sunrise Bob and hopefully another for you this morning. Jean perching on the line with a row of birds did make me laugh and I'm assuming if your luck was in you have fresh sheets and bedding to snuggle into!

Lin, what a tragic story about your friend and her rogue son.... I'm putting it politely! Not a way to behave towards anyone but particularly his mother but as they say, love is blind! Great jigsaws and I see I could happily live in bird world, in fact was just watching the local buzzard that got dumped in a high tree by a parent earlier in the year as it stayed in one spot in the air for minutes without a movement from its wings so it did learn!!

Anne, it must have been wonderful to gaze across the land at millions of buffalo not so log ago in the order of things. Now you are confronted with the city! In the long and distant past I did once drive across the bridge at Niagara to indulge in a shopping trip there but wasn't overly impressed.

Still on tender-hooks Patsy!! Crikey, your election process is going to drag on but meanwhile what is Mr President going to do until end January... be presidential?? I guess you are all waiting for the fat lady to sing!!!

Must get on with my chores since the days are now so short. Hello Sandy, and all others I've missed. Have a safe Saturday.
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    No problem leaping in and leaping out of Mikes car which I like. I know nothing about cars but it looks good to me. Jilly Bean approved, she seemed to be able to see out the windows better, a great advantage for a nosy short dog with Ducks disease.

I had to smile at the present USA president being told by a mayor to quit sulking and "put his big boy pants on". You have to admit Mr Biden does look more, well, presidential and dignified. I've put on weight during this campaign and hope it ends soon! I tend to put my hand in the cookie jar during traumatic times!

The area where Michael works is now a "red zone" as fatalities continue to grow. We are going over to Mark and Mary Jo's place tomorrow to have lunch in the garden in the heat! And whilst we still can!!

I've become a member of my grocery delivery service. You can choose a three month, six month or a year membership. Opting for three months for now to see how it goes. Three months is $40 initially and for this one gets free delivery for three months. Delivery is otherwise $10 a trip so it seems like a good idea wouldn't you say. It gets better for the other two options of course. I figure being a member won't hurt either if everybody who goes to the stores starts ordering again. I couldn't get delivery last spring if you remember. I have delivery every week because of having nice fresh veggies, plus most of Beans food and treats and it's quite a big order with Michael dropping in and sharing lunch.

I'm hoping my hip holds out today to do an awful lot of raking of leaves. Bean gets lost in them! The big maple at the back of us seems to shake them in my direction, I swear.

Well let's see what today brings, a result hopefully! My hips can't take much more of nervous nibbling and I don't even live in the States!

Anne 😇🍂🍁🐶💜
  • linder4866
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello, another warm and sunny day. Marvelous. Very windy later on but warm and sunny is darn good as far as I am concerned. Here’s something a bit different, a collection of teapots. All kitties!

ckeshkag0aea.jpeg

I have card supplies at the ready. And the lovely chatty morning Facebook Live/YouTube get together a bit later. I am so happy for those each week.

Jackie, I wouldn’t doubt that people decided to flee to your lovely area with a lockdown looming (and now arrived). I am sorry, I hoped with children still in school, or least that is what I heard, that people would stay in place. An ambitious day for you my friend. I hope the girls are well and that you continue to thwart Mr. Fox.

I watched Biden’s speech/talk/address, whatever you call it, and it was calming. I am glad I looked for it as I missed it last evening. Still not watching lots of news.

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy and happy day.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Phew!!! Back to my diet and peaceful life! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    Options
    Congratulations President Elect Joe Biden and Vice President Elect Kamala Harris!!!
  • pinkperil
    Options
    I’ve got one of those Lin. Mine’s Carltonware!
    ls1hc28anuzh.jpeg

Hens mucked out, crab apples picked
    flk9dflynf1p.jpeg

... and hedging trimmed. I also managed to burn a bundle of bay tree branches in the incinerator that had been cut last weekend and lastly decorate a terracotta pot and plant 3 garlic bulbs for George’s groomer who will be here to tidy him tomorrow. She works in her mobile van so I’ve no concerns about social distancing.

For everyone’s sake, I do hope transition of your presidency goes smoothly and with no more nastiness. No one likes a sore loser!

Already dark and dinner in the oven so I’ll put my feet up for 10 minutes.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) It's a good day in America!! A beautiful day with temps hitting 76 today.
    Waiting to hear if we are having movie night since the kiddos spent the night at their other grandparents. It was "date night" for their parents but they don't leave the house, they just watch movies and/or TV without interruption. Joe went to the doctor yesterday and he has a swollen saliva gland so no Covid which is great news. We will meet today if no movie night.

Anne, yes, you can stop binge eating and get back to your healthy life style. I think it is a good idea to join the grocery membership, it will save you money and put you first if things get out of hand again.

Lin, those are some cute teapots. I watched Biden's speech live last night and I love his calmness. Such a difference from the ex president. Very sad about your friend and his son, sounds like someone I know except for her being afraid. I do hope she gets some help.

Jackie, always busy, you really tire me out. Our cases are going up and more people are dying daily, this is far from over. My friends planned a birthday luncheon for Monday and last night were told one of the friends DIL tested positive so the rest of her family is being tested today.
    Naturally the luncheon was canceled since the friend was with the family over the weekend.
    I prefer my bubble and don't want to leave.

Bob, not sure the results made you happy but it is great that we can all get along here with no animosity. In past elections most people just said oh well and got on with their lives.
    Our purpose here is to keep healthy and share life stores that make us happy, sad or whatever and support each others.

Washed my sheets and time to put them back on the bed. Have a wonderful day and keep safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    Options
    Jackie! I love your teapot! How adorable. 😺😽
    The crab apples look good. How much cleaning do you do with those. They are so tiny.

Sandy, enjoy the rest of your day whatever ends up on your schedule. Yes, I am sure a lot of that story I posted was very familiar to you. Add in the fact that the son has mental illness and refuses medication, a drug problem and a gambling addiction. He is a very frightening person. Locks have been changed on her house in anticipation of obtaining a restraining order. I am very worried about her, she is frail and can only see out of one eye. I am not certain it would be safe for her to go home.

Well I detoured to do laundry. Might get back on track later.

Anne, if the cookies are open, they could go bad. 🤔. Wise to sign up for the delivery service. Well done.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can stop being a munchkin now that someone is retired to his golf club and join SANDY and JACKIE in the battle of the bulge.

The new president looks a very calm, courteous gentleman. Well done president elect Biden and Vice President elect Harris but even more importantly, well done American people.
    Maybe we can all work together now and get rid of this deadly corvid-19!

Anne 😇