Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :):) our neighbor knocked on the door this morning so we could cheer and applaud together at the election news.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    I can’t help it, dear sneakers! I am sobbing in relief and hope. I feel like we have regained our democracy and restated our belief in character and good values. I am filled with love for every American whither natural or naturalized. We can now regain membership in the world community. I am a total emotional teary puddle tonight. Bless you all. Forgive my sentimental and emotional outpouring.
    Patsy☘️

:) ditto from me
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,067 Member
    And me as well 💙💙💙
    ❤️❤️❤️
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Everyone I know up here feels the same! So happy and relieved ! ❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Remembrance Sunday in the UK so time to remember those that gave up their lives for our freedom.
    pkltf41vwmbb.jpg

The normally crowded Cenotaph eerily quiet apart from the Royals and a handful of politicians so another reminder if needed, how Covid is affecting all our lives.

George's groomer due at midday and he is already letting me know he's expecting her......woof, woof, woof!

Congratulations USA. <3

Jackie

• Gawanne35
    edited November 2020
    Lieutenant colonel - John McCrae physician - from Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Written 1915 on the battle field.

In Flanders Fields.

In Flanders field the poppies grow,
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky,
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard above the guns below.

We are the dead; short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe;
    To you from flailing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

In memory today of all the lost loved family members and friends.

Pray, - no more war!

Anne.

• linder4866
    I saw this on Facebook. Very powerful image for Remembrance Sunday.

3biwxq0dq63z.jpeg

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Thank you LIN. We mustn't forget all the poor slaughtered horses either in the First World War.
  • linder4866
    Hey, how about a tea set? Interesting colors. Woooo. No information on maker, age, etc.

p7z85rzsf7cd.jpeg

Doing some laundry once again and card materials strung out everywhere. 😂

Got a grocery order this morning. 👍🏻👍🏻

Jackie, I hope handsome George has had a good day. Hello to Betty as well as the girls. Take care.

Anne, thanks for the poem. ❤️

Hello to everyone. May be back later.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Well – Couldn’t get into community yesterday…so I won’t rehash what I started to write. All regular things completed. Baked chicken at 5:30 am for later today - LUNCH all set - Baked skinless chicken thighs, Spaghetti Squash, Various Grilled Vegetables… Weather should be GREAT!

zymet8ut73zj.jpg

The good news, it appears Thanksgiving with daughter tied to grandson’s birthday is on. It was decided we would treat it like a restaurant with masks etc and remove when dining. She works with children all day and I know fears any possibility of spreading anything. Personally, I am not worried at all about the few of us getting together. It would just be her family, us along with x and her husb. I simply go with the flow. Whatever makes people comfortable, I will do. Just glad to see everyone and grandson becoming a “teen.”

Lin – You said – “Raw broccoli and cauliflower do not love me that much now” lets just say I love both – raw and cooked – but then there is the “after effect” sometimes LOL. Glad you got your grocery order this morning.

Jackie – The fresh sheets etc should be in place tonight…. Ahhhh. The phrases you use --- people are going to start to wonder what the heck I am talking about when I say – “Plans for today are muck out the hens!”

Anne – Congrats on joining a grocery delivery service. You sound like me – I always dip my toe before jumping into the pond & would have also gone with 3 mos as a test.

As for the election. I have disconnected from a lot of political news until the entire process is completed. I think media jumped the gun a bit with votes still being counted, obvious irregularities, recounts to be done, pending litigation etc. – didn’t see the need to rush. The whole Bush/Gore dispute took 37 days and media jumped at only 3 days. The media doesn’t “elect” anyone and Biden isn’t President-elect of anything like various media report. Anyone familiar with the constitutional process knows that. Once the process is complete and a winner has been “certified” that person is my president. It is what it is… I know people that for 4 yrs immaturely said “He isn’t my president.” Lots of media games being played – so I have just decided to wait. At this stage, I would guess it will be Biden… but it’s an important process and deserves to be played out. All IMHO of course.

Sandy – LOL – wrote the above and then read your post. Cheers! My family was split down the middle. I have a very low opinion of Biden based up numerous ethical issues throughout is 47 years. I even know someone that went to school with him – but Trump wasn’t my first or second pick for president (and I certainly disagreed with some of his positions). There is a reason I changed my registration to “independent” ages ago.

My position is simple: “Once the process is complete and a winner has been “certified” - then that person is my president.”

It isn’t who wins as much as having a system that can (for the most part) be trusted going forward.

Anne – Just read – In Flanders Fields – It was only in the last 10 yrs or so that I first read it. LOVE IT!

Time is getting away from me. So adios for now – hope everyone has a great day! Bob

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,021 Member
    Happy Sunday!! :) We did have movie night and the movie was Dumbo, so cute. The kids loved the flying scenes as I also did. Today is zoom calls day and hoping my football numbers come in for a win for me. I am getting new tires this week so I should be ready for winter even though it would be nice if it skipped us this year.

Bob, I really don't have much to add but was really impressed with Bidens acceptance speech as well as Kamala's. I am glad you worked out a way to celebrate your grandson's birthday and Thanksgiving. Our's will just be our same bubble.

Lin, love the colors of today's tea set. You must be feeling better if you are doing all those chores. Is the pain in your ribs going away?? Haven't heard of Remembrance Day but it sounds like our memorial day.

Anne, great poem honoring all those who gave their lives, including the horses.

Jackie, less crowds are better, cases are getting out of control once again. I am thinking there will be another complete lockdown in our state and I would be fine with that.

Patsy, you sound like my granddaughter Bryanna who told me when she heard Biden won she burst out in tears at work. She has many gay friends and is very liberal.

I better get moving and take advantage of this beautiful weather. Have a great but safe day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Gawanne35
    Just got back from Mark, Mary Jo, Derek and Bevs place. We sat outside and it was really hot even with the umbrellas shielding us. Bev sat in outer space because she is a teacher and there are 4 cases of the virus at her school. We wanted to get together, all of us, because we haven't been together since March. All of us together at once I mean. She seemed okay but you never know. I came home clutching another Louise Penny book and will settle down now to read it with all the recent drama receding.
    Hope everybody has a warm, peaceful day as well. "See" you all tomorrow.
    Anne. 😎🐶💜❤️
  • Sandydur
    R.I.P. Alex Trebek, you will be missed! :'(
  • Gawanne35
    Mr Trebek. I watched him almost every evening. Sad. We are losing all the familiar faces.
    Sitting with my family today and listening to their animated conversation, I suddenly realized I am from a different world. I think my mother felt very much the same. Loved and wanted but not quite in sync as it were. Not in tune with today's values, a spectator really. This doesn't bother me, more of an interesting exercise but a realization how I now understand my mom and her struggle to be "with it" in her rapidly changing world as her generation became no more and she outlived her cronies.
    The thing is to enjoy sitting back and listening rather than fully participating. IF one can get a word in edgeways! One certainly learns a thing or two, lol.
    Anne.

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    I am late posting tonight. It has been an odd sort of day. A bit strange all around including my very lack luster casserole. John was brave and ate it anyway. It was a cold day here. We awoke to frost on the deck and while the sun came out, it was decidedly cold all day.

We had a sweet but sad chat with our son. His dear old puppy “Runtie” has a heart murmur, kidney malfunction, and all of her teeth are in very sad shape. He has her on antibiotics and pain pills. You can see this will only be a strategy in the very short term. She made a small rebound a few weeks ago but it was short lived it seems. Our son is aware that he needs to make that hard decision very soon. It is only fair for that dear old furry friend. I wish we could be there to help him.

We are going to be watching an English series called Broadchurch next. We have been watching Breaking Bad. It was excellent but DARK!

Anne: I had an aunt that was an assistant for Gov. Ann Richards in Texas years ago. She lived until she was 99. She was a style maven and she wore high heels every day of her life. She always said she had to hang with people who knew a little something, so all her friends were at least 90. She would have known exactly how we feel!

Patsy☘️
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    I wish everyone a happy Monday as I look out my drizzle spattered windows at low grey clouds. Breakfast is finished and Shostakovich is being played on my radio while I contemplate a walk. Where to go... moors or local village?

We’ve moved on to the Warsaw Concerto while I finish a mug of coffee and Betty has edged towards the back door so decisions to be made while I brush my teeth.
    Back later!
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Good morning. Teapot time.

“Royal Worcester Evesham Gold. The Evesham Gold range was introduced in 1961 and in production up until 2015, although later production was moved to Portugal, this teapot was the 'Severn' shape teapot which I believe was replaced by the 'Malvern' shape.”

7cd68x8qzptt.jpeg

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • Sandydur
    Happy Monday! :) Another summer day in November, how blessed we are!! Nothing on my schedule today and Joe just called to say his gland is more swollen so we will not meet today.
    It is a good day to take a walk and get some fresh air. I am even tempted to sit in the sun on my balcony. B) I just want to soak all this beautiful weather in before winter hits.

Lin, pretty little set, I like it. Is your pain going away??

Jackie, sorry you are having rain but you always manage to get something done.

Patsy, it is always so hard to make those decisions and I know Babe tends to wait too long.
    I really pray he doesn't let Daisy suffer but for now he said the shots are working. It will be difficult for your son but he will know when the time is right.

Looks like everyone is busy this morning or out enjoying a beautiful day. Whichever the case, have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    Me, Mark and Bean raked MOUNDS of leaves to the front for pickup. Then he cut the grass. All done for winter, apart from the coming snow! Me and Mark are now walking bow-legged with sore backs, Bean is still a-bouncing, oh to be a young dog.

It's so sad these delightful little friends have to grow old so quickly. I feel for your boy PATSY and his little Runtie. I feel for you as well because I know you also love Runtie.

I see Mr Biden is moving with his two dogs. Four years since a dog played on the Whitehouse lawn.

I am now collapsed on the sofa and will spend the rest of the afternoon pretending I'm Lady Anne with a cup of tea, my latest book and my corgi. Whoops! Pomeranian, chihuahua and whatever. Both Bean and I have dubious lineage!

Anne 🙃💜🐶❤️☕️