Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,021 Member
    Happy Sunday!! Like most of you the winds are very strong today. I am glad I have no where to go and will enjoy binge watching season 4 of the Crown on Netflix. I will have a video call first with my kids or at least my son, we never know who will show up. Movie night was Shrek 1 and was very cute, the little ones sat still and actually watched the movie. Robby did not want to watch it so he read some books on Lisa's IPad with headphones. He was a little calmer with the new meds but they still need some adjusting. Hopefully, they will find the right doze and he can calm some of his anxiety. Truthfully, it breaks my heart.

Bob, good for you putting all those hours in at the gym, no wonder you are so healthy. I love hospice, they took wonderful care of my mother and she was able to stay in her own home. My sister and I also took turns staying with her and I am so glad she was able to die at home as hard as it was.

Anne, check with your sons to see if they are prime members, my son put me on his account so I pay no fees and always get free shipping and fast delivery. I love Amazon but now see some other stores are competing so that is a good thing. Which reminds me the last sink plug worked so I am a happy camper. I agree with how lucky we are to have groceries delivered or put in our trunks so we don't have to go in stores. Probably saving money as well because we can't shop around so too speak. lol

Barbie, could you come here and blow the leaves away from my garage door? All the leaves seem to pile up in front of my door for some reason. I loved books when I was younger but now, not so much. I think I am too involved with my computer and all the games I play.

Lin, beautiful teapot but much too fragile for me as well. Stay in and stay warm, the winds are treacherous today.

Jackie, I remember when that lady crossed into you lane, some people are just ignorant. I think you are right as far as Buzz and the phone. She probably is on pain meds and sleeps a lot or just doesn't feel like talking. I think I was just lucky to catch her when I did.

Did I mention that Bryanna's friend is a dog trainer so we are going to have him go for a consultation with Rob and Lisa to see if the could teach Ewok to stop jumping, stay and come when called. It is worth a try because the poor dog spends too much time in the yard and not with the family although he is much better when they are alone and listens to Lisa most of all.

Have a great day, stay of the wind and stay safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello! Glub...glub! Wet and windy and chilly. Naturally it is a fine PNW kind of day. Yesterday was John’s birthday and we spent a long time chatting on the phone to our kids. They have a schedule that we use to keep in touch. It amounts to four times a week one of them checks on us. Our daughter has so much trauma and drama in her life, I am always shocked and delighted to hear her voice. She is the drama queen that never quite has it together. But we had a cozy low key birthday for John. John loves appetizers wanted champagne with them. He requested his beloved fresh PNW salmon on avocado toast, red table grapes, Boursin cheese and cold water crackers, and stuffed celery. Instead of cake we had sugar free cookies. A sort of indulgence but small servings help ease the conscience. He enjoyed reading several birthday emails, we watched an episode of Broadchurch. Interesting English mystery series. The area shown in the series is stunning. A lovely English town, beach, dramatic cliffs and a tangled dark mystery full of twists and turns. I can “almost” understand the English accents. I love hearing it, even if I don’t quite understand all of it.

Veggie soup, more cold water crackers with leftover salmon for dinner. I might try to call Buzz again. Since I am 3 hours difference, it takes a bit of doing figure out a convenient time.

I am going to read a couple of political books in between reading my novels. I read everything! Good! Bad and just plain strange. I have stacks of books everywhere. Makes life interesting trying to decide what to do with them all.
    Patsy☘️
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    The one thing I’m missing since swapping rooms round and stacking books on the floor of the spare bedroom is a bookcase. I’ve got 3 books on the go at the moment, an historical biography, another which a fellow dog walker loaned me about the lay lines that cross between our Neolithic stone circles and a novel entitled The Beekeeper of Aleppo which is about Syrian refugees and their dangerous journey to reach Europe. There was alcove shelving before the changes but try as I do I can’t give my books away and certainly not destroy them, that would be sacrilege. SO, I’m on the hunt and will begin with a local antique furniture auction towards the end of this month.

It has turned cold here but at least today’s rain has finally moved away and a gentle touch tells me the paint on the back wall is dry. Right now it’s definitely time to put the kettle on, light the log fire and decide on either fish cakes and steamed veggies or a stir fry. Such decisions!
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    That's my next "big" buy. A bookcase!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,067 Member
    Good afternoon Sneakers. Did a bit of laundry, some box crushing and attended online church.

I found a package of free fresh chestnuts in the order I received from a vendor who that sells gluten free organic options that do not make me ill. So I have never baked Chestnuts. I remember an epic fail of fresh chestnuts in a basket you put in the fireplace. Oh ick, they were sort of burned on the outside and not a bit interesting. So today I washed them, cut a X in the top of each and roasted them in my countertops oven for just over a half hour. Took them out, rolled them around in paper towels and they are cooling now. I grabbed one little piece. Once again, ick. What am I missing here? The package said they would keep up to 2 weeks if you had them in a high humidity location. Maybe I should have waited but the package looked like it was going to explode.

There was my morning/early afternoon adventure. 😂🤣😂

This afternoon I need to start addressing Thanksgiving cards.

I did finish all the card fronts yesterday but truly, my eye sight never was that great, so everything is a bit wonky. I need to send those to people with poor eye sight. Need to make a list.

Things are organized for another card I want to work on. I started cutting pieces earlier in the year. Hope these will not turn out wonky. Some people do have good vision after all.

Here is a cute puzzle I finished last evening. Kept me up late. Puzzles will do that. Similar to books!

174y4tf3qhwj.jpeg

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • pinkperil
    edited November 2020
    Lin, rather like Bob’s meals, the pleasure in chestnuts is in the preparation. That is cooking on an open fire or bonfire but the trouble is the flavour does tend to be of smoky charcoal!! We loved them as kids, probably because we got to sit close to the fire on a cold day. 🥵
    Love the latest jigsaw. 🤩
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited November 2020
    Jackie, thanks for responding. I guess Chestnuts just are not my cup of tea. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Well, they were free. So my parents did the right thing by putting them in a basket over the fire? Okay, well none of us liked them a bit. They are off my list. I doubt I will ever get another free bag.

Also Jackie, I am sorry you don’t have a bookcase. Happy shopping for something that will work in your space. I don’t believe I have ever in my life been without one or more bookcases. I am sorry the paint didn’t dry and may it come through unscathed until it does dry! That was a lot of work. 🤞🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Anne, same to you. Bookcases are great. Handy for so many things! Enjoy your books. I am reading my last library book right now. I have a number of books on hold and must get there in the next few days before the last date to pick them up. The library is closed to the public through the end of the month (at least) so curbside pickup once again. Did you take the car out for a drive this week? Well, not you personally, well you know what I mean right?

Sandy, that movie is entertaining and I am glad most everyone enjoyed it. I hope everyone in your pod stays healthy so you can continue enjoying some time together. Still happy with the new tires? Do you have to take the car back to have the bolts retorqued after a few hundred miles? I hope you are enjoying the afternoon call(s).

Patsy, a late happy birthday to John. His food selections sound quite lovely. I am glad you enjoyed it. And how lovely that you receive calls from your children. It is a wonderful way to keep in touch.

Bob, nice t-shirt and congratulations on all your checking with the gym. Are you not a Silver Sneaker now? Or did they change their policy somehow? My insurance agent was promoting Medicare Advantage plans this year. He found a company with great networks in my area. I said I would wait until next year’s enrollment to see how the relatively new network holds together. Too new in the area for me.

Aha, just received a USPS delivery. Apparently the company that offered disinfecting wipes for sale online, was legitimate. That is what I received. Late but they arrived. Fine with me n

Best wishes once again.

Lin
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Signed onto MFP to record lunch/dinner and thought I’d recheck “Sneakers” posts. Morning flew by. No Sunday dinner at my sister’s house as given this week’s 10-person gathering restriction (we are normally a grp of 20-30). We did stop by to drop off a present for someone – there was a very small gathering earlier in the week, but we missed it. Went to the mall for a walk, but didn’t stay long…it was crowded, so we didn’t really stay – best during the weekdays just before open.

Early is best for the gym too – For the first 30 min it was me and a handful of others…only about 25 socially distanced treadmills available (funny but true). (pic of this morning at open)

ifn039u62icj.jpg

Just finished our lunch/dinner of - NY Strip- Boneless - Steak, grilled veggies, squash, asparagus tips and tomato.

hmc0ads55z5a.jpg

Sandy - And a Happy Sunday to you too! Above average strong winds here as well. A guy we had hired to fix a piece of siding up over the roof, showed up earlier and did a quick repair – otherwise it could have caused more of a problem. It’s good enough for the winter, but we have him set for the spring to fix the entire area properly.
    You’re so right about Hospice. I actually was my dad’s hospice caregiver for a most of the time and moved into the finished basement etc. and did all the related duties. But at the very end when he was immobile and in eventual coma we had someone that was a pure angel… shved him, applied his fav cologne – a truly unbelievable woman.

Patsy – I assume “PNW” is Pacific Northwest kind of day. Funny how we can see the whole picture of those in our lives be it family or friends – we love them, but can see they cause a lot of their own drama. All we can do is listen and be there. Do you happen to have a good salmon recipe? Something not too rich but tasty? I haven’t had salmon since my mom was alive (50 + yrs ago). I’m still at the beginning of “Killing Crazy Horse” by Bill O’Reilly & Martin Dugard – love the “Killing” series.

Lin – Now I’ m thinking – “ chestnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nipping at your nose, yuletide carols being sung by a choir and folks dressed up like….” LOL. Holidays are coming so fast – it’s almost like the stores have bypassed Thanksgiving and gone straight into Christmas – Yikes only 39 more days! Sad – because I love Thanksgiving – not a “gift” holiday – just warm conversation, turkey, a drink or two etc. Maybe 2021!

Thanks on the shirt – I was a Silver Sneaker BEFORE the gym even opened – it was the gym that wasn’t set up for the Medicare Advantage patrons with Silver Sneakers benefits. In fact, I helped them get the information together way back when – and I became friends with the operator. LOVE Silver Sneakers…can’t beat the benefit… and also eyeglasses benefit.

Night to all. Bob
  • linder4866
    Good morning. A teapot! A hexagon shaped Sadler. Quite lovely is my opinion.

jeuu1uo3o68s.jpeg

Back later.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • Sandydur
    Happy Monday! :) It is cold but the sun is shining!! I balanced my checkbook but not much going on today. Bryanna is coming for my famous wings (not really but she loves them) later for dinner. She wears her mask inside except of course for eating, but we will sit across from each other at the table. She is not coming for Thanksgiving dinner at Lisa's parents as they are uncomfortable with her working. They have turned down invitations to go to their son's in another state and from her brother who wanted to fly in for Thanksgiving. Bryanna understands and was not upset when I told her the circumstances. She is only working about two days a week since there is no inside dining so they had to satisfy their employees and cut their schedules so all could work. She starts school to be a hair dresser in December which will take about a year. I am so happy she found something she really wants to do.

Lin, another cute teapot, makes my silver metal teapot look drab. I was not told to bring car back for bolts to be retorqued and not sure what that means. All they said was every other oil change to rotate the tires. My understanding of cars is nil. lol I am not sure if I have ever tasted chestnuts but they sound like too much work. lol

Bob, that is a lot of treadmills but I am glad they social distance the patrons. Do you normally have dinner with your sister every Sunday?? You reminded me of when hospice took care of my sister and she loved Train so they sent a guitarist who sang Calling All Angels. She was in a semicoma at the time but I did record it even though it breaks my heart. Her children gave her immediate family a bottle of wine with a label of the song but I haven't the heart to open the bottle.

Jackie, I bought two bookcases from Ikea for all my photo albums but no books. I have a few books in an open cabinet in my guest bedroom but not to your extent. Do we get to see a picture of the finished wall???

Anne, sounds like you picked a good day to read and stay warm.

Patsy, love veggie soup, can you send some my way??

Time to eat. Have a wonderful day and please stay safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited November 2020
    Hello again. Ended up on the phone late yesterday afternoon and a surprise, it was an extended conversation. That is something that doesn’t happen. I chased down one of my living cousins who doesn’t particular like to heat from me. They are rich folks and seem to always be on guard that perhaps I a, calling for money or a favor. Anyway, it was nice to hear they are okay, how they are spending their time and general chitchat. I will call them again in the next year or so. Otherwise, I will assume they are fine.

Messenger caught me in its snare and a frightening and I exchanged relatively long messages for a couple of hours. The friend with the abusive son is not free of any of the situation. The son is tracking down is mother to leave messages for her, has talked the Post Office out of her mail although supposedly they have been instructed to not let him have it. Very sad. It is easier to land in a mess than to struggle out of it.

Also some messages regarding our retired pastor. He had been in the hospital, I never found out an actual diagnosis, but he had accumulated fluid supposedly around his heart. Anyway, he went home to his apartment rather than to a rehab or skilled nursing facility. He and his daughter, who has been taking him on all his trips and appointments both have Covid. He was not doing well and is in the hospital, not getting better. The last message last evening seemed to indicate there is not much hope for him at this point.

Only thing I am trying to finish today, addressing those Thanksgiving cards. More than halfway through but the difficult thing is I don’t have enough cards to send to everyone. I am busy picking out people one by one. The stack of available envelopes is getting pretty thin.

Sandy, have a good day and evening. Although our governor could care less, health care personnel are asking people to cancel all holiday plans with anyone who does not currently live in their home. No one else. And asking any college students to not return home unless they just then stay home and quarantine within the home for two weeks. I doubt people will do this. Is Illinois saying the same sort of thing?

Bob, your gym is humongous! Woo! Hope your are enjoying your day.

Hello Barbie, Anne, Jackie, Patsy, Jeri, Diane and Buzz. I don’t see other posts. Something must be up with MFP.

Stay safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Very rainy hello to you! It is a day for indoor activities. Katie is lying in front of the furnace vent without any interest in going outside or her breakfast. Can’t really blame her. It is very hard to get this day up and running. I do have a load of laundry chugging along, the dishwasher is doing it’s magic. My coffee is made and my “must do” list is getting longer by the minute.

I am feeling a need to start my traditional Sunday dinners again. Complete with my China and good silver. I know my kids have no desire for my cherished collection of dishes and sterling but I do enjoy using them. So for John and me on a Sunday afternoon, we will dine in style at home! However, I can’t put them in my dishwasher. Oh well....

We are still watching an episode each night of Broadchurch. Intense! So much fun enjoying the English culture and stunning landscape. The crime mystery is engaging now that my ears have adjusted to the accent. Very talented actors in this series.

Bob: salmon is one of John’s favorite meals. We love the various species available in our area. Included steelhead. John has to watch his cholesterol and salt. I normally cook a whole big fillet and use leftovers in many ways. I bake the salmon with a splash of olive oil, followed by a brushing of minced garlic, black pepper, dill and lemon juice. I watch the oven like a mother hen, so I don’t over cook. I serve the first night with a dressing of Greek yoghurt, lemon and Cajun seasoning mix. The mix has salt in it so that is used at the table...depends on how John is feeling at the moment. I love the spark of spice to liven up things.

Lin: I hope you know how much fun your daily teapot photo is for us. From elegant to funny to strange!

Sandy: not sure what makes a dog compulsively jump on people. We had a dog who did that. She was a true mental case. She attached herself to John and remained difficult all of her long life. But she was undeniably lovable. Our vet called her a special-needs dog. She had the disturbing personality trait of being extremely protective of John. Even when he did not want or need to be protected.

Hello all sneakers...Jackie, Anne, Diane, Buzz, and Barbie. What’s new my friends?
    Patsy☘️
  • Sandydur
    Patsy, if you use closed caption to watch those English shows you could understand everything they say. I use closed caption all the time, not for hearing but to make sure I don't miss anything, lol

The dog training is put off until next summer when hopefully the pandemic is gone. I don't blame them.

I will work with Ewok when I am there, I learned a lot from classes for our OES.

Sandy
  • NikonPal
    Got my 10k steps in this morning. Read in the newspaper another large store (VF Outlet) is closing next month at the mall. They have been filling spaces as stores close, but they are odd stores…not replacements for those leaving. No idea how all this will shake out. We are still grieving over JC Penny’s :D

Lunch was good – might not look it – but it was yummy! Plainville Farms - organic turkey burger, 1 burger, Tomato, squash. Grilled vegetables, broccoli and cauliflower.

avoevtc6kxjl.jpg

Lin – Good morning…. As promised, I checked and yes, we have the entire 8-piece setting for Our Noritake 9729 Shenandoah … We only use it a couple times a year. With the trim etc., you certainly couldn’t put it in the microwave. Jean loves it, so I guess we’ll just hold onto it….until death do us part – then the kids can sell it. LOL

6c6a3odz8fez.jpg

Sandy – And that is only half the treadmills…but a good thing. Every other treadmill is blocked from use. This place is SUPER CLEAN…they never stop. NO ONE gets in without a mask and having temperature taken and answering questions – that includes me every single morning. Disinfectant wipes are in close range through-out the gym. EVERYONE wipes down equipment when done and in addition, staff repeatedly goes to each piece of equipment non-stop.

My sister holds Sunday dinner for church friends / family 90% of the time throughout the year, we usually go every other week. She has a full course meal (pasta, meatball, salad buffet, baked breadcrumb chicken tenders, desserts etc.). Jean loves the food. I go to visit, but don’t eat. I pre-plan my meal at home heat it up afterwards. On holidays, I might have something small at her house. Family alone is normally 20-30 people…lots of kids. Can’t even tell you how many nieces/nephews/great nieces/great nephews I have – some out of state I haven’t met – we are certainly talking over 50.

So sweet about Train and Calling All Angels – we love them too! Songs related to loved ones can evoke such emotion. When my dad died, I played Paul Peterson’s song My Dad that he sang on the Donna Reed Show. I memorized back when it was sung on the show in 1962. I actually got a cassette tape from the local radio station because it wasn’t for sale locally. I can remember the song playing in the limo when my mom died. I have so many memories tied to music and thankful for them. That story about the bottle of wine is awesome and I probably wouldn’t open it either.

Patsy – I saved a screen print of your salmon prep. That spark of spice would be me. Jean has never expressed an interest but I do think about picking up a small piece of “fresh wild-caught” one of these days. Thanks for the tip!

Adios for now. Bob
  • Gawanne35
    edited November 2020
    Hello everyone. It's dull, dark and cold here. I'm having a laid back day because I've got a lethargic little pup who is off her food. I'm sure she will be okay but I'm the mother hen.

This morning I just had a feeling about the way this virus is going. Heading for another lockdown in other words. So instead of waiting until tomorrow or Wednesday I decided to fill out my order for Thursday today, and to my horror found all the popular times for delivery already taken for the entire week! You can imagine I got my skates on and put in a huge order full of Christmas cheer and goodies! Whatever happens we won't have a Scrooge Christmas. We being Mike and Jilly and me because it looks as though Christmas will be much like Thanksgiving with only one guest. Mark is ever hopeful though.

I've given up on baking the traditional British fruit and nut Christmas cake, so I went on Amazon again and found a Scottish fruit cake soaked in whiskey. That should arrive at the beginning of December. All three books I ordered are now here, another reason why I'm having a laid back day! Just been reading about the black fly and deer fly in rural Quebec and no, much as I love the English countryside I don't want to end my days in rural Quebec!

Like you I bake my salmon fillets PATSY being very careful just like you not to over bake. No Greek yogurt though, can't stand yogurt! Salmon is one of our favourite meals as well.
    LIN the best roast chestnuts when I lived in the U.K. were bought from a street vendor on a foggy winter night. My dad was pretty good at roasting them on the kitchen open fire as well. I have a sudden yearning for a roast chestnut.......but no open fire!

So a very boring post from me and they won't get any better as we march into winter!
    Mind you boring is better than descriptions of my dental visits!

Bye everybody,
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :)Patsy We watched all three seasons of Broadchurch and loved the mystery, the characters, and the scenery

:) Washington state is shutting down for 14 days so Jake rushed to make an appointment to get his hair cut tomorrow. Their hygiene protocols are excellent so he feels safe going there

:) We have no holiday plans and our freezer, fridge, and pantry are stocked

:) Rain all afternoon and a fire in the woodstove

<3 Barbie
  • pinkperil
    Gone midnight again after a pottering sort of day that came and went. We weren’t supposed to get any rain until this evening but as I walked the dogs out to the car for our morning walk it started! Up on the top moors we went and nearly got blown away but that did at least make me walk quickly! When we got home I took down all the onions grown at the allotment that had been hanging in my garage and took half into neighbour Debs. Her bruises are coming out and the nasty scrape on her leg beginning to heal so now it’s just the car that needs repairing and because they are made of plastic these days she’s hoping it won’t cost too much.
    I spent some time looking for a bookcase online and was tempted with a modern one but then found an antique pine one on eBay that would match my old china cabinet for not much more money so might bid on it in the morning.

I did smile about Sandy and Patsy struggling to understand English accents but then remembered Broadchurch was located in Dorset, not far from Cornwall, where the rural accent is strong!

Sandy, my back wall is extremely boring although it is at least now Suffolk pink in colour. With our wet weather taking over these days it will be some time before it’s finished then I’ll take a photo! 😁

Rumour has it our lockdown will continue through to Christmas so with only one person allowed to visit any home, a good time will not be had by all! I suppose I should start thinking about getting Christmas food in although today’s Swedish meatballs from Ikea with noodles and a tomato sauce would do just as well!

I’ve sat up late watching the old movie Waterloo with the gorgeous Christopher Plummer playing Wellington so must get to bed as the pets are already sleeping and I’ll have to wake the pooches for their last trip into the garden.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Hello. Busy trying to line up a little grocery order. Didn’t score well last time. 🤞🏻

Here’s a morning teapot.

“ This is a Royal Doulton Shakespeare series ware teapot, pattern number D3596 'Ophelia' in the 'Joan' shape.”

np3r3i68a649.jpeg

Back later. Wishing everyone well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • Gawanne35
    Just read an interesting article about memory loss and connection to this pandemic. Sort of a relief. I was beginning to wonder! Wish I could post it. It's on BBC - BBC Future, Why lockdown has affected your memory. If you, like me are wondering where you put your glasses etc, you might find it interesting. Researchers suggest ways to combat this, such as keep a diary even if nothing much has happened during lockdown. I don't think that applies to this group though, nothing happening! We've fallen off stools, painted walls, wandered around malls and gyms, had teeth pulled, watched children's movies, knitted, cooked salmon etc etc.

Notice appeared LIN about to post. Let's see what today's teapot looks like!
    Anne
  • NikonPal
    A bit chilly this morning! Gym done and got a jump on the afternoon – that kind of day…

LUNCH (177 cal.) Chicken Breast, Skinless, Asparagus Tips, Garlic & herbs riced cauliflower, Spaghetti Squash, Sauce, Kickin Cajun Seasoning…

jmpm4e5jctog.jpg

And the newspaper reported - Regal Cinemas at Destiny USA has closed, joining the shuttered locations at ShoppingTown and Great Northern malls. That is on top of The Express and VF Outlet locations at Destiny USA announcing their closings… all while dealing with JCPenny bankruptcy and soon Lord & Taylor closing before year-end. The times they are a changin’

sg0ibtfk4mjj.jpg

Anne – aka Mother Hen – Hope that lethargic pup rebounds. It’s cold and overcast here… stopped at grocery store after gym and forgot the most important item – coffee… so will be forced out soon, as I don’t like to run into lunch crowd. Just started storing up on a few “limit of one” items with the holidays around the corner. No real hoarding – and it isn’t that bad around here – but just a couple things I really like that they do run out of on occasion. Between you and Patsy I am one step closer to Salmon… LOL. Just noticed a few snowflakes outside but nothing really expected.

With regards to lock downs and memory loss – I plan to use any excuse I can latch onto LOL.

Barbie – Our dictatorial governor (not well-liked in Upstate NY) has decreed a limit for family gatherings – not public celebrations – but “in-home”. He treats the public as children instead of simply setting guidelines.

We are going along with the limiting – but I actually enjoyed some of the push back as reported yesterday and today:
    “Three more New York sheriffs said they would not enforce Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s 10-person limit for Thanksgiving celebrations. “I can’t see how devoting our resources to counting cars in citizens’ driveways or investigating how much turkey and dressing they’ve purchased is for the public good,” Saratoga County Sheriff Michael Zurlo said.
    Zurlo was joined by Washington County Sheriff Jeff Murphy and Erie County Sheriff Tim Howard in rejecting Cuomo’s calls to limit the gatherings. “I have no plans to utilize my office’s resources or deputies to break up the great tradition of Thanksgiving dinner,” Howard said on Friday.

The Fulton County Sheriff's Office also made headlines after posting a scathing rebuke of the limit on Saturday, saying the order might not “sustain a Constitutional challenge in Court.”

“With regard to the Thanksgiving Executive Order, the Fulton County Sheriff's Office will NOT be enforcing it against our County residents,” said Fulton County Sheriff Richard Giardino in a Facebook post. “Frankly, I am not sure it could sustain a Constitutional challenge in Court for several reasons including your house is your castle. And as a Sheriff with a law degree I couldn't in good faith attempt to defend it Court, so I won't.”

“We have limited resources and we have to set priorities, so obtaining a Search Warrant to enter your home to see how many Turkey or Tofu eaters are present is not a priority,” Giardino added. “We won't be doing that. The only way to enter your residence is if we have a warrant, we are invited in or an exigent or emergency circumstance exist. We have three patrols a shift for 500 square miles, monitoring Family Dinners aren't our priority.”

A bit of humor...

qqqcp3sojhdv.jpg

“So don't feel a need to hide cars, cover with leaves or walk 3 blocks so your house doesn't become a target of the Governors EO,” the statement continued.

And on that note – TTYL --- Have a great afternoon. I have no plans for a 2nd walk today – just not feeling it…might need an injection of coffee.

Bob