Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Hello all. Another busy day yesterday and as I paused at 4pm for a cup of tea I checked today’s weather forecast to find it had changed from sunny to rain! No time for tea, I had to dig my lawnmower out from my shed and get back to work. I finally finished at 6pm and am pleased I made the effort because yes, drizzle this morning. A naughty bramble grabbed my nose at one point so I now have an ugly scratch in the middle of my face!
    My evening was spent on the phone making plans with my friend Pat so we are all set to finally enjoy the break we originally set our minds on 3 years ago, before lockdowns. Patsy, we are visiting Northumberland which is a north eastern county in England on the border with Scotland. Plenty of historical sites, a beautiful National park and coastline to keep us busy.
    5ujch108pthv.jpeg

No reason why I can’t stay in touch with you all so long as Wi-Fi has reached the county!

I’m holding my breath as I watch the advances in Ukraine and hope stories of discontented noises in Russia are correct. Twelve recently murdered oligarchs who spoke out against the madness tells its own story.

Lin, the horse riders and tractors lining the route were particularly poignant I thought, because before her uncle abdicated she had wanted to be a farmer’s wife.
    That chunky green teapot would look perfect in my dining room but then, I’ve liked so many that You’ve shown us, I could have my own collection!

King Charles looks exhausted as well as devastated. He’s the same age as me and I’m tired just popping in and out of the proceedings on tv so I do hope someone has planned a few official days off for him once his mother’s funeral has taken place.

Time to walk in the drizzle. I’ve a hair appointment after lunch and then I’ll shop for a few required items. I woke in the middle of the night wondering if I had put a battery operated grass strimmer in the shed when I finished cutting grass so as soon as I was up I went down my garden in nightie and jacket to check. It was in the shed but then I saw the henhouse door that operates with a battery run light sensor, hadn’t opened. Just as well I looked! I’ve propped it up for them and put AA batteries on my shopping list.

Pets have all gone back to bed so time to get the pooches moving. Brady can stay!
    Jackie 🥰

• JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    Off to get my glasses early today! Hope they work! The frames are a reddish brown and pretty nifty I thought.
    PATSY, are the children stories you have submitted the ones you and I worked on? Good luck either way.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,024 Member
    Happy Tuesday! :) A beautiful day with temps in the 70's. Sitting later and groceries being delivered around 1:00. Nothing too exciting.

Anne, good luck with your glasses, I hope the world looks much brighter for you.

Jackie, have a wonderful time with Pat, you really deserve a vacation after all that you do. I know the pups will miss you but they will be in good hands with Linda. Will she come daily to watch the hens as well? The area looks beautiful where you will be, enjoy!!

Barbie, I love the rainbow bridge poem, it gives me comfort.

Patsy, I too, wondered if you meant the book and/or books you and Anne did. You are kind to say I am saving his life but in reality he is saving his own life. He is really trying to get stronger so I just push him a little. I will take credit for the new doctors, I think they will help him a lot.

Lin, the non grocery items are more expensive than groceries. I saw on our news the lineup of all those on the roads for Queen Elizabeth, it was very moving. I know I won't make points here with Jackie and Anne but I happen to love Prince Harry. He is a lot like his mother who I adored. I do hope the two brothers can mend fences between them and Harry does honor his royal commitments.

Have a great day and keep smiling.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time.

• JillyBurg7
    edited September 2022
    No problem here SANDY. I think the prince is very mixed up right now and influenced by another. I suspect time will heal all and I can see him back in the UK eventually where the little ones from the brothers marriages can play together as cousins should. After all he has a house and servants already which the queen gave him on his marriage.

I think JACKIE will love Northumberland IF the weather behaves itself. Its the county between Yorkshire and Scotland. Home of the Percy's who caused quite a bit of upheaval in 11th 12th and the 13th centuries if my old grey cells are functioning. Lots of history and a nice big castle to view. Maybe get to see a bit of the Roman Hadrian's Wall as well.

I LOVE the new glasses. They haven't made much difference sight wise, BUT and its a big BUT I seem to gain confidence wearing them.

Anne, about to eat haddock for lunch.

PS. Alnwick Castle, home of the Percy's. Did you know that the sixth Earl of Northumberland loved Anne Boleyn but that dreadful Henry V111 pinched her off him and married the poor woman instead.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,071 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hello. The weather has been quite brisk in the early morning hours. Almost jacket weather they called it today. It is warmer and sunny now. It was an odd morning though. A very early train rolled by and by and by, followed by trucks and trash collection, and that wasn’t finished when the tree trimmers who were working here yesterday were back sawing and feeding limbs through the chipper. This started about 6:15 which I think is too early! 😉

I searched for green beans again this morning and dug a few more potatoes. I am trying to wait until the last of the tops are about done. I still have 3 pots that aren’t ready. I cut another clump of celery and harvested some leaf lettuce. Less and less growing on the deck. 😢

I made a trip to the library this morning. Seems like book trading, some been returned, some picked up. 🤣

When I got home I placed a grocery order. Well, not my lucky day, I got a few things but far from all. A store I like is having a sale tomorrow and I may make a trip there when they open to see if I can can fill in the blanks. (Probably not, not feeling lucky!) I haven’t heard from the insurance adjuster, that may change my plans one of these days.

Jackie, definitely excited for you—-finally taking your trip. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 I am sure you are packing a sweater, a coat/jacket, some good shoes and something waterproof. Oh, and plenty of ummmm, resources! Hee-hee.

Sandy, enjoy babysitting. Does Ewok join in the fun? I hope you get all the groceries you ordered. And do you like your pillows?

Anne, I am happy for you, new glasses sound jazzy! Glad you have them.

Patsy, I hope your weather is better and that John and Katie are well.

Barbie yes, We are all animal lovers here!

Diane, thinking of you each day and hoping you are still safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Love this bright red teapot.

oahdspolzcc4.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    My cousin just posted this on Facebook and I thought Jackie and Anne would get a kick out of it!!
    3c2fajjqih8l.jpg
  • linder4866
    And I have several photos of the Queen I like.

She doesn’t put down her handbag even when working on a car engine! 🤭

t6n64k7zp41r.jpeg

Love this one as well. Her hubby made her giggle.

tw2c6tppc3wf.jpeg

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello sneakers! ! A cooler day and the haze continues. It takes my breath away when I think of the source of this haze. Diane, hope and pray you and your family are safe.

I quickly checked our health dept. for the new updated booster shot. Currently all the new vaccine is spoken for here in our county. We will be getting more, so I just need to keep checking everyday. What a tedious thing to add to my schedule.

The manuscripts that I am sending out are indeed the stories Anne and I worked on. Anne gave me permission to keep trying to find a publisher. It is very complicated because unless represented by an agent, it is almost impossible to get published internationally. Since I am here in the US and Anne is in Canada, we are quite a conundrum. However, there are possibilities and we just have to jump through the hoops. I want to say this about our writings…we have a wonderful writing partnership. Anne brings excitement and intrigue. I bring the soft arty and pretty words. These stories need both. I love going about my day while at the same time, I am thinking of developing our story. It is a life affirming and creative way of life for me.

Jackie: what a great trip! That scene was just magical! Do tell us about your trip. I am not much of a traveler any more. I was never good at it. But I loved the adventures.

Lin: those photos of the queen make us really aware of how special she was. I don’t think it will be possible for anyone else to possess her sense of dedication and duty. That is something I believe people are born with…or without!

Sandy: everyone needs a heath advocate. My son’s nurse friend tells us all that. She says it will often be the difference of life and death. You are Babe’s advocate. I am sure your whole family looks after each other. Lesson for us all.

Barbie: thinking if you my friend. Hope you hear good news soon about your perplexing eye condition. My heart goes out to you and Jake concerning your dear kitty. I know you are strong and I sense you adore all your creatures. You give them all great care and love. They have-had a wonderful loving home.
    Patsy☘️

• JillyBurg7
    edited September 2022
    Oh boy PATSY, do you think we might achieve fame and fortune at this late stage in our lives!? I know you write some neat little stories on your own - so I wasn't sure if it was a combined effort or not. Me, I finished my crow story with the white witch but although I had fun I can't see it capturing todays modern children.

The Ms have finished painting the hallway and although very pale in colour we all like it. Brightens a dark corner of the house. Its a sort of greyish/taupe and looks well with the dark wood. I bet you can all imagine that, Lol. Mary Jo was super energetic, she grabbed my Shark vacuum and immediately eliminated every spider and cobweb in sight upstairs here. She almost eliminated little Jilly as well who was galloping at great speed out of range. I warned her about a small mat that has Jilly's water bowl on it that the super vac could suck up and it did with water all over the tiles. We saw the funny side.

Meanwhile the folks next door actually appear to be moving OUT. Old iron bed heads appearing in the trailer which is back. They must have been using Harrys house as a dumping site.

Well must be off because Helen in Australia has written and the heading that appears as a warning that an email has arrived at the top of this laptop looks slightly ominous, so whats happened now! See you all later,
    Anne.

PS. Helens email was all about our Queens death. She was very upset and said it had affected a lot of Australians deeply.
  • JillyBurg7
    No peace for the wicked. I've just made muffins and soda bread while Mark and Mary Jo demolish my small front deck and steps. It was starting to rot and we can't have the grocery man go through it with my groceries!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Wednesday! :) Today is our 31 wedding anniversary if you don't deduct the 10 years we were separated. We were going to go out for lunch but I decided to make steaks and artichokes for dinner instead of going out for lunch. Babe is still quite dizzy and Bryanna is coming after work to do my hair.
    I am going out for dinner with friends tomorrow so staying home today is fine.
    Robby is having a hard time again with his behavior, his mom thinks it is his medicine. I know his parents worry about him being bipolar like his dad and I am also getting concerned. One Day at a Time.

Anne, the color sounds perfect to me. Poor Jilly was afraid she was going to get swooped up with the vacuum. Finally some activity that shows a possible move, you do have strange neighbors. lol

Patsy, I am Babe's advocate but will admit at times I do get frustrated. Men are so stubborn and act like children sometimes. Good thing I am still in practice having young grandchildren. lol Good luck with the books, I would buy one in a heart beat just to have one from the two of you. Besides I read a two books to the younger grandchildren whenever I put them to bed.

Lin, love the Queen pictures especially the one of her giggling. Ewok does get in the fun some days but he has rules to follow but mostly only listens to Lisa. lol I did get all my groceries minus one item and a couple of substations that I approved. I do like my pillows but still getting used to them and what position I can get comfortable.

Jackie, you must be busy getting clothes together and everything in place for your trip.

Time to get moving and get dressed. Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    edited September 2022
    Good afternoon. A change in plans. I had a message to call the insurance adjuster, I called and left him a message. Waiting for a call back.

I did get some money transferred and then went to my credit union to deposit it there. The drive through teller said he is waiting on a contact regarding his hail damage claim. Small world or a big hail storm? I signed up for a Covid booster for next week. I would like to check to make sure it is the new vaccine.

Maybe I will try to get ahold of someone in the pharmacy. Usually I just get a busy signal.

It is warming up. High in the mid to upper 80’s today.

Sandy, enjoy the day. Good of you to cook at home and it sounds like a special meal! Sorry Babe is still quite dizzy. I thought he was doing so much better. 😢 Glad your grocery order was pretty well filled and hope the pillows get better and better. Hurrah!

Anne, oh my, the steps needs to be replaced? Well, good thing to do that before winter. I hope the construction, excuse me, reconstruction goes well. And finally, some action at ‘the house’!

Patsy, happy vaccine hunting. That is why I am leery of being able to get an appointment next week with no trouble. Very confusing indeed. I thought the new vaccine was in short supply. Plenty of flu shots though.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

niby0gqmquus.jpeg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :'( Jake pulled out the zucchini plant today and brought in the last four zucchini. Tomorrow he'll do the same with the tomato plant. It has been a good year for our veggies but nothing goes on forever
    <3 Barbie
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Busy, busy! Thankfully a sunny day so a large pile of laundry is drying in the breeze. I’m gradually putting separate bags together for Brady, to take to Debbie and Mike for the pooches, my suitcase and anything we might need at the cottage we will stay in. It’s called Lavender cottage and yesterday I received a text message giving us the number for a key safe so at least we know we can get in! SANDY, George’s groomer will take care of George and Betty although I’m guessing her 90 year old mother will keep them company from the way they got on so well when I visited!
    I’m waiting for delivery of the plastic sheets I ordered to finish protecting the hens’ bus shelter but also must drop keys (and more tomatoes) to Linda, check car tyre pressure at the garage and shop for some fresh food to take with us because it seems most shops will be closing around the Queen’s funeral. The plastic sheets won’t be attached until I return!

I’ll hopefully post once we get settled on Sunday. Lots of driving in between!

Take care and stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰
  • JillyBurg7
    Have a super vacation JACKIE! Take care on the roads but I guess most peoples eyes will be glued to their tv's on Monday.

I'm excited too. Much more mundane though. Because Mark and Mary Jo have demolished my small deck and wooden steps outside my front door I won't be getting grocery delivery this week! A rather big drop outside my door to the earth below. So Mary Jo is driving me to the Organic Garage - my favourite grocery store from past days before the pandemic. I wonder if my old friends the girls on the cash registers will still be there. I never had allergies when I shopped there, so I will be stocking up with organic flour and baking supplies.

The other news, my Afghan neighbour came over yesterday to actually say goodbye! They are out of Harrys old house by Saturday. He brought over his sisters baby to show off. A very good little baby apparently who gripped my finger so hard he had trouble leaving! So, we wait to see who the new folks will be.

The weather here is glorious, my favourite month. The chrysanthemum and the Michaelmas daisies are showing their beautiful flowers and the vine on the fence is slowly turning red. Alls well in Anne and Jilly Beans little world today!

Take care everyone, Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Thursday! :) I am speaking at my meeting today and running an errand before going home and then meeting friends for dinner and a little gambling.
    Bryanna highlighted my hair so I am a happy grandma. As Anne said all is well in my world today.

Anne, how nice of your neighbor to say good-bye, good luck with the new neighbor. Baby sounds like he liked you and wanted to stay, why not, you are a terrific lady. How did you neighbor get in without the steps? Good luck at the store and I hope your friends are still working there.

Jackie, have a wonderful trip and safe traveling. Do you leave early in the morning?

Barbie, there is always next year for a new garden but happy you enjoyed this year's crop.

Lin, I hope the insurance is paying for your roof since it was do from hail and wind. Babe has good days and bad days, mostly have been good but this week he is having some dizziness. I personally think it is stress because his nephews and their wives are coming to see him Sunday and he gets stressed with company.

Enjoy your day and keep on staying healthy. I also have to reschedule our vaccine boosters.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    It was lovely going back to the Organic Garage! I was greeted with "I haven't seen you for ages" and "how's Jilly Bean doing" because she was the only dog allowed in the store being tiny and so good natured and friendly. I would never have left if they did delivery! The products were excellent and actually cheaper than the big chain store I've been using. An Italian family run it and I hope I get to go again. Can't quite manage on my own with these darn cataracts.

Oh, Joe came over with the baby SANDY because I was outside watching Mark slave away ripping the rotten wood and stairs out. I will quite miss this HUGE family once they are gone. They've sure had me intrigued for a year. The baby was 6 months old and a happy. chubby little boy.

JACKIE, when you pass through East and North Yorkshire tell the old girl Anne still loves and misses her, "EE bah gum".

Must think lunch whilst there's a lull in the work and the Ms pop home for theirs. Honest, I'd love to feed them but they decline. Maybe they don't trust my eyesight, lol. That hungry nosed Michael doesn't seem to have a problem!

Anne.

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    A mild sunny day here. Although for some unknown reason I had a very sleepless night. Tired this morning but I do have tasks that must be done. Boring stuff like cleaning bathrooms and gathering trash for Friday trash day etc.

John is still having high pulse rate and arrthrymia. Now comes the interesting part….I must badger John into consenting to see a cardiologist. He is very stubborn about doctors. Between Damon and me, we will find a way to make sure he gets the meds and tests he needs. It will not be easy, folks! This is one crazy old coot that hates doctors.

We are slowly coming back to life here. We are trying to find the new vaccine that is hopefully a yearly shot. Wouldn’t that be great? This vaccine is in shot supply here. I must keep checking to see if a new supply has arrived. School is in session. The stores are full of Christmas decor ! Thanksgiving decor and Halloween decor. It looks very familiar.

I am still pecking away at our writing projects. I love doing the little stories.

Damon will be having his last sail of the season next week. The river is getting lower and the marina will need to dredge the channel soon. That will also mean he will visit us more often. However, he does have a big birthday party being planned by his current girlfriend. And a big sailing party after they clean and “button up” the boat for winter. We hear about his activities and he shares photos and funny tales and jokes of his social life. I read him my stories and he is very serious and gives me good critical suggestions.

I need to try to get my needed tasks done before I collapse in a heap. Later……..sweet friends!
    Patsy☘️🧹🧺🪣
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) I talked to the retina specialist today and he said that the problem with my eye is something with the optic nerve. That's what the regular eye doctor noticed. It has a long name that i don't remember, but it's not treatable but it unlikely to get an worse. That's good enough news for me.

<3 Barbie
  • JillyBurg7
    I was out with Jilly and Joe, our soon to be gone neighbour, came out to play with her for a while. I told him I shall miss him and his family and he told me he has never met the new people but they seem very nice because the lady had left a note when they apparently visited the other day saying she loved the house. I know they worked very hard correcting all of Harrys faults. He said they are Arabic but didn't know from which country they hail from. If they are as nice as Joe I shall be very happy.

Trying to sleep last night I started to count all the different nationalities I have met but I fell asleep when I got to thirty odd different countries. Amazing when you realize I was born in a village and everyone was English. We are all sisters/brothers under the skin.

Thats good news BARBIE,
    and PATSY, I have a lot in common with your John when it comes to doctors! The only 100 year old I met when asked what was the secret of her long life replied, "I kept away from doctors". I try but its difficult with the three Ms badgering me.

Goodnight friends, sweet dreams,
    Anne.