Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Battery about to die so a quick note for Anne England v USA tomorrow 7pm GMT so 2 pm for you! Canada v Croatia Sunday 4pm GMT

Jackie 🇨🇦 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    Thank you for info JACKIE, Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,076 Member
    edited November 2022
    Good evening. Many more texts today than I had anticipated and one long phone call from the friend who missed her friend’s funeral due to Covid. As she was recovering, she developed a sinus infection and is on some sort of antibiotic now. Anyway, we hadn’t spoken in quite a while so we had a very long conversation. She did tell me the hospice people do not think our mutual friend will live more than a month. How do they know these things.

Well ladies, you know the schedule of the games. Well done. I did watch the dog show this afternoon. It was a very abbreviated version of the show but I did love seeing all the different classes and breeds of dogs. Such beautiful animals.

I have 4 library books that are due soon and I tried to renew them online and all of them need to be returned as other patrons want the books. So, I will be burning my eyes out trying to get through at least 2 of them, ideally, 3. They are difficult to get back when you put your name back on the list. New and popular selections are always like that.

Anne, good strategy to be ready much earlier than scheduled. My pickup orders at Whole Foods lately have been an hour to an hour and a half early! Yipes!! Happy little Jilly, settled in to the new time. And I don’t know how delicious those dog treats may be but that lady is a total dog lover so I thought she might have a very good recipe.

Jackie, my gosh, will this rain continue all winter? Glad you finally got your plastic. So they need to use some smaller vehicles when delivering in your area for goodness sakes. Best wishes on getting the plastic installed soon.

Sandy, how did the day go at your son and DIL’s house today? I saw lots of photos on Facebook today with happy families with lots of food on the table.

Patsy, lots to accomplish but much progress made. 👍🏻👍🏻 Is Damon still visiting? Hello to you and John and Katie. 🙋🏼‍♀️

Barbie, I love you enjoyed your day. How’s the weather in your area now? I hope it warmed up a bit. Did that gentleman get the tar on your roof?

Diane, did you talk with your kids today? Lots of special food cooked at your home today?

Hope everyone is well.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

1ne19jasui51.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Hooray, it’s a beautiful day and I’ve walked across the moors with George and Betty with only one detour when I noticed a particularly large cow/bull giving us a long stare. Even George decided not to stare back! When we returned to the car park there was a large friendly group of my dog walking pals, so about 8 of us and 12 dogs, all chatting and petting pooches while the Jack Russells amongst us chased each other in wide circles!
    Back home for late breakfast, a load of washing is hanging out to dry and I’m now going to take tools and materials to the chicken run and hopefully give the chooks more protection from the downpours.
    I will pop back to catch up properly once it’s all finished. Wish me luck and patience! 🙃😋

Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,028 Member
    Happy Friday! :) I slept in today and the laundry is finally being done. I managed to put my balcony lights and wreath on balcony the other day so today I am putting up the inside decorations. I don't put many as hardly no one comes to visit us but it makes me feel good.
    Thanksgiving was wonderful with a delicious turkey dinner and a movie to follow. Babe enjoyed his time with Cheryl and Marisa so it was a good day for all.
    oczlxypx06eh.png
    pag4885k16ih.png
    t42c3f4brkly.jpg

Once again time is getting away from me and I still have so much too do. Enjoy your day and stay healthy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    edited November 2022
    This is weird, I can read everyone’s posts on my laptop, but can’t see them here on my iPad.
    I can’t reply on my laptop, but I can here on my iPad.
    So…..if I disappear again don’t send out a search party!

0 - 0 for England versus America at the World Cup,

Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Damon is on the way on this rainy cold day after the official thanksgiving. Really looking forward to seeing him again. I am feeling sort of inadequate to deal some of the issues regarding John but we are working as a family to formulate a plan of action. We can do this! Nothing is impossible if handled with a positive and creative attitude.

Loved the thanksgiving day parade. My favorite although I think I am the only one here who likes it as much as I do. I love when Santa shows up…..I still believe in Santa.

I have discovered the magic of the heated throw. Wow! Delicious warm red velvet cover with secret heating pad inside. I throw it over my shoulders and enjoy my first cup of coffee, while still in my pjs. Sweet indulgence.

Patsy☘️

• linder4866
    edited November 2022
    Good evening everyone. I am reading like a speed reader. 😅 I am enjoying these books. Yippee! I did a bit of ink blending today but also ruined a couple of ink pads. There’s dye ink, pigment ink, hybrid ink and something called Distress Ink. It has 2 products lines: Distress Ink and Distress Oxide Ink. Those come in many of the same colors, same square ink pads and I had several ink pads that seemed dry. Hunted up the reinkers for those colors and started squeezing ink on the pads. And yes, you are way ahead of me I am sure. Used the Oxide reinkers on the plain Distress Ink pads. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I guess luckily I use the Distress Oxide pads more often. Must read more carefully next time.

Sandy, thanks for the lovely photos. How did you get the dog to be so well mannered for that photo? Excellent. Glad that you had a great day and Babe did as well. Also glad you got some rest!

Jackie, yippee, some good weather and a nice dog walk. That is also very good news I hope the project with the plastic worked out.

Anne, glad to see you. Did you watch the game today? Oh heard it was a 0 - 0 result!

Patsy, wonderful to hear Damon is on his way! I loved the parade and the dog show. I thought that little French bulldog was adorable. That is kind of odd as I have not paid much attention to them before.

Hello Barbie, Diane, Jeri, and other Sneakers who may have stopped by.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

s6q677mxun5d.jpeg

• JillyBurg7
    Morning all. I watched the game LIN and gnashed my teeth throughout. England ,,,,,,, stodgy. Not a good game to watch and I’ve seen better games when Derek was six years old and he joined a soccer group and he was HOPELESS. We enrolled him in ice hockey instead where he was hopeless as well, BUT he could beat all the kids when it came to art. To each his own.

PATSY I want a throw just like yours!

I’m managing to read you all on my laptop and here I am typing on my iPad BUT can you read me? Let me know please !
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) I read in the paper that there would be a lighted tractor parade Saturday evening in town. My dog walking friend said that she and some friends planned to go. It reminded me of one I went to twenty years ago and remember fondly. At this point in my life I have no desire to drive anywhere in the evening and stand in the cold, so I looked on You Tube and found several lighted tractor parades to watch. They were delightful.

:) I finally finished knitting the blanket for the great granddaughter who asked for one and her sister decided she would like one, too, so I started it this week. The first one in teal and black and the second will be pink and purple. They are not holiday gifts so I can send them whenever.

:) We don't get cable TV so we weren't able to watch soccer or the parade or the dog show. I thought I would miss all that stuff, but I'm fine without it.

:)Lin Thanks for asking about our roof. When the man from the roofing company climbed up on our roof a day after the storm, he pulled the branch out of the hole and put tar on it right away and was back down in minutes. We were very fortunate.

:) Jake is building a fire in the woodstove. It will be a cozy day today.

<3 Barbie
  • jacAth3
    edited November 2022
    My day yesterday went awry because within 2 minutes of setting myself up to attach the plastic sheets over the chicken run clouds arrived and it began to rain. No mention in the forecast but it’s not unusual on our slip of land that points out into the Atlantic. My first thought what to get the washing in and hang it on an airier then back outside to stand in the rain and persevere regardless. It was fiddly tying wire through drilled holes on to the net roof but the 2 main sections are on and protecting them but the change to their outlook has them shouting ‘the sky is falling in’ like the Chicken Little fairy story as they hide away in their cosy house! At the end of the afternoon the rain stopped and I cut up a bag of firewood donated by Linda’s son and soon after she phoned to make a plan to meet next week and visit the Eden Project that has a Christmas Fayre. We agreed we wouldn’t be sitting on Santa’s knee or ice skating but the Christmas lights, seasonal food and drink as well as ethical gifts will keep us entertained I’m sure!

Of course, it’s pouring with rain again today so Betty didn’t want to walk but George, decked in his raincoat trotted along the road with me through puddles and running water as I did my best to avoid getting splashed by cars that drove too fast and close to us. My good deed was to find a fallen branch to drag leaves away from a storm drain but I expect with the wind picking up, they will blow back. I had tried to phone David that I sometimes see walking because he said yesterday he has a tray of wallflowers for me but there was no answer, then halfway round the block he called back. I was passing a bus shelter so used its shelter and seat while we planned to meet once the weather calms down. Who knows when that might be!

Anne, that football match was dire wasn’t it. I don’t remember England even trying to score a goal once so I sat mumbling at them to get a speed on, all to no avail! Canada will be far more exciting to watch tomorrow.

Gorgeous photos Sandy. They are all growing up so fast, including Ewok!

Fun and games with those inks Lin. Do you get in a mess? I know I would end up wearing a lot! 😄

Enjoy Damon’s visit Patsy. There’s that saying, a problem shared is a problem halved and I’m sure that will work well for you and John.

Happy Saturday everyone and hopefully drier than mine!
    The stove in the dining room is lit but struggling to glow with wind blowing down the chimney. I’ve finished off the soup made earlier in the week so time for a cup of tea!

Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    edited November 2022
    Happy Saturday! :) The sun is shining and it going to reach 50 again so a nice day for sitting later. Rob is taking Lisa out for an early dinner for her birthday, and she is also going to get the kids names tattooed somewhere on her body. I didn't ask where so will be surprised.
    I have groceries being delivered between 11 and 12 and then a family zoom call.
    I did get all my inside decorations done and although not many it does look like Christmas.

Jackie, sorry about all the rain. I do hope the chickens learn to enjoy their new outside covering.
    I am not a soccer fan, but my son Rob loves it more than our football. He went to England once on business and fell in love with your country. Yes, Ewok is a big boy now and can be a good boy when the kids are harassing the poor guy. My son Brad and Gwen got a new 4 month old baby girl. w0b8edto416e.jpg

Barbie, I am sure those ladies appreciate all the hard work involved in knitting a blanket. You are so kind to make them.

Anne, I think it is very weird how your laptop and IPad are behaving but I am sure the boys or grandson can figure out what it wrong.

Lin, I make a mess with any type of ink or paint, so I give you credit for knowing what you are doing. (Most of the time lol) I hope you managed to get your three books read. Lisa made strange noises to get Ewok to sit still, he listens to her more than anyone.

Patsy, I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner with Damon. I forgot whether Andrea was coming also.
    I am sure it was a wonderful time, and you were all thankful to be together. It will also be nice to have Damon help with all the questions and answers in dealing with his father.

I better shower early for grocery delivery. Have a great day everyone.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• JillyBurg7
    Just read JACKIE on the laptop. Dire is an understatement Jackie! I don’t expect Canada to do well, after all, it’s a relatively new sport over here although it is catching on.
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello dear ladies! We have partly cloudy right now but showers are planned this afternoon.

Damon is here with an arm full of Alexa Dots. He brought one fir his sister, Andrea. These are to be used to keep us all in contact. Damon is nervous about John’s safety and mine. He wants another sort of emergency thing for us. Plus it does other cool stuff.

Taking a page from beautiful Sandy here! Sandy is always up on all tech stuff. I am One step away from caveman-woman. I know that life can get very complicated when one is too engaged in technology, but it is fascinating and helpful at most times. I am trying to join the twenty first century a bit late. More on that later.

Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    edited November 2022
    Good evening everyone. The temperature was in the 50’s today apparently this was our last nice day for a while. Rain expected tomorrow and colder temperatures next week. The meteorologist said get the winter coats and gloves ready (again).

I finished all 3 books and started the 4th book. I think I will not have to wait that long to get this one if I want to finish it. The plot is not engaging so far so getting it back may not be necessary.

Patsy, so you are all fixed up with monitoring now. I have one device upstairs and one downstairs. I do not have anyone to contact though. I like to get information and things like jokes and puns, just general entertainment.

Anne, we can see your messages. Who played today? Is your laptop an Apple? If not maybe there’s a problem, iPad is iOS and maybe the laptop is Windows.

Sandy, oh wow. Look at that darling puppy! Sooooo cute! I hope your groceries arrived and you got all of your ordered items. And as to my messes, it depends on what type of supplies I am using. 😉

Jackie, oh my gosh, rain, rain, rain! I am with Betty, I would stay indoors.

Barbie, a cozy fire sounds lovely. I am glad the gentleman fixed your roof immediately. Sorry I misunderstood. My handyman doesn’t do most things on the spot. He makes a list and comes back unless I have already told him what seems wrong and then sometimes he fixes things on the first trip. I am not used to someone acting so promptly. 👏🏻👏🏻

Well, must move along. Sending everyone best wishes.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

wai0f653cayr.jpeg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Patsy, Jake's daughter bought Alexa for him. He was uncertain about it but now Alexa seems like his best friend. He asks her about the weather forecast and the score of a game and she answers in such a friendly way. He doesn't use her for communicating with anyone but she is a font of information for him

:)Lin, the roof guy was not a typical handyman. He owns the roofing company that installed our roof years ago. He came over that Sunday after a terrible windstorm Friday night and had apparently been trouble shooting many huge roof problems due to the storm. I'm sure he was delighted that ours could be fixed so easily since so many that he had seen would require a team of workers and a lot of material.

:) There was a less severe windstorm last night that upset Bessie and she ended up first on the floor next to the bed and then in bed with me. She isn't a cuddler but likes her own space.

<3 Barbie
  • jacAth3
    Oh Canada!. Anne. 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Happy Sunday! :) Rainy day here but will still go to in person Mass. Ordered three items I forgot from Walmart at Target and will swing by there after church to pick them up in parking lot delivery. Will be eating broth and jello with clear liquids today and start my pills around 5:00 pm. 12 pills than 16 ounces of water, 30 minutes later another 16 ounces of water and once more 30 minutes later. Repeat the whole thing 8 hours before appointment about 11:00pm which means I get to sleep around 1:00am and be up by 5:00 for my 6:45 appointment. Will be happy when this is all over. Pray for good news.

I use my Alexa to tell her to add items to my grocery list which goes to my phone. That way when I run out of something I just have to tell her and not worry about bringing a list that I usually forget. lol
    I also use her to shut my lights off and on instead of timers all over. I do have my family members on my call list so that if something happens I can call them and they can call 911.

Have a great day and have some fun.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    What! Have some fun! After Canada got beaten by Croatia 4 - 1 !!! OH Canada indeed JACKIE. However they will improve with time and experience. Actually they did very well against such an experienced side as Croatia.
    I think England play Wales on Tuesday. Oh boy Anne, hide the cookies! I eat when I’m stressed, lol.
  • jacAth3
    Anne, the Canada lads will have learnt a lot from that match and I thought they did very well. Just a couple of silly mistakes made the score look worse than it was. Yes, Tuesday is the next stressful day, including my 2nd attempt to visit my dentist.😧😲. I might just have to buy a Cornish pasty for my evening meal! 😁