Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    It is cold and soggy out. Katie is in front of the dish space heater. She considers it her heater,

I am Such a dunce when it comes to computers etc. I am fearless however. I often just jump in at make horrendous mistakes. Making my Walmart order almost took all day. Good grief I could have walked there and back by now.

I am going to open two cans of soup fir dinner- I know disgusting! But I am tired today. I have veggie soup and I will cut up some chicken for John. He is a true corniviour. I always say something has to die for John to eat dinner! Bad boy!

Must run. Damon is calling and Katie wants out and John is yelling about coffee and a cookie. And I want coffee and a cookie also!
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,077 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Jackie, here is the entire post. Dated yesterday.

“ Crazy in York today with the Christmas shoppers out in force. Hog roast queue hasn’t lowered in numbers since 1pm.”

qb404e07y6by.jpeg
    f3gix90pwv3x.jpeg
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I’m back to reading you all on the laptop, but can only reply on the iPad. This is SO weird. If I disappear again you will know I didn’t have a heart attack during World Cup. Just technology! AND MFP no doubt.
    Anne.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,685 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    It’s a cold grey day so I didn’t rush to walk and stayed off the hills when we did go. Detoured into town for shampoo, conditioner and a long handled gas lighter for starting the fires in the log burners, then lunch. David phoned yesterday evening to move handing over his Wallflowers to tomorrow because he is apparently planting trees on his property today with help from a handyman. I didn’t mind because it gave me a leisurely start! More wood to be cut up and chopped then housework. That’ll keep me warm! Last week I received my first energy bill since prices went up and even with mild weather and log burners meaning little use, it increased about 50%. 😮. My account built up during the summer months when it now appears I was overcharged so I was asked to pay a token £1 this month which is fine by me.

Lin, now I know a hog roast queue is there in York I understand the crowds! Actually the city is popular any time. 😁

Anne, I learnt a new word today from “Up North”. It’s HOGAMADOG. You probably know, it’s one of those snowballs that gets rolled in snow until it becomes enormous! I can only use my iPad to view and type on MFP these days because it refuses to recognise my iPhone attempts at logging on.

Time to get moving again. Happy and safe Monday To you all.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    Options
    GM. Spent the night in the ER. When we were going bed Babe said he was freezing, shaking and had pain in his right side. He was too weak to walk so I called 911. After tests and a cat scan they said he has pneumonia. It took forever to get it all done but they are admitting him. The doctor said his oxygen is low so they gave him an IV antibiotic. The beds in hospital are all full, there are 9 people ahead of him waiting for rooms. I left at 6:30 to get a few hours of sleep and will be going back soon. They have to get him strong enough to walk up my 14 stairs. He has had congestion but really hasn’t left the house to be near anyone. The nurse said elder people get pneumonia for no reason. He will be fine, so don’t worry, me not so sure! Lol

After 3 hours of sleep I will be going back to hospital after coffee and breakfast.
    Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    SANDY, what awful news for you! Poor Babe. It’s true, pneumonia can strike right out the blue. I had it once but I caught it from a friend I visited in our local hospital. You will be in my thoughts until all is well.
    Anne.
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Thinking of you Sandy, and Babe of course. Hopefully the IV antibiotic will pick him up in no time and now he’s in the hospital perhaps they can give him a thorough check up.
    Battery dying.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Sandy, how frightening. Praying for Babe’s recovery and for you as you sit with him in the hospital. I hope he has a room by now.

Just heard that locally the hospitals are packed and you can no longer go to Urgent Care in the satellite clinics without getting online to schedule an appointment. Really. When you are sick, will you remember your patient portal login and all necessary passwords to get an appointment? I wish they had enough staff to answer the phones!

Be safe everyone. Best wishes.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

y1cj9a6vmy1q.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Still no room!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3Sandy I am thinking healing thoughts for you and Babe <3
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Oh Sandy, I am so sorry to hear Babe is I’ll. Horrible that he can’t find a hospital room. Take care of yourself dear. You can’t help Babe is you are Unwell. We are thinking of you both. All our love and wishes for a quick recovery.
    Patsy☘️
  • jacAth3
    Options
    lknoouyy8cmb.jpeg

Thinking of you Sandy and hoping today brings you both a much better day. Please take care of yourself and stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰

• linder4866
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Sandy—-Hoping things are going better by now. Hugs.

vqbm82puaju0.jpeg

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

(Off to the dentist….)
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Thank you Jackie and Lin for the adorable cards, I love them. Babe finally got a room about 8pm last night. It was a long day in the cubicle in ER with nothing to sit on but a hard chair. After he was settled I came home and went to bed and got 9 hours of sleep and still feel tired. I will be going back this morning but then leaving a few hours to give Rob a break but will return to hospital after.
    Babe is doing okay just really tired and weak, he claims he only slept two hours last night but I have my doubts as he sleeps without realizing he is sleeping. I have to make it clear to the doctors that he can't come home until he can walk up my 14 stairs because there is no way I can help him. They said the pneumonia could be just from being older or it could also happen if you don't swallow right. He does have a hard time swallowing at times but he did have the symptoms of chills, shaking, shortness of breath, low energy, and extreme tiredness. Either way he is in the right place although it took to 9pm before they gave him his heart pills. It just amazes me how busy the ER is and how busy the hospital is.
    Stay well my friends, who knows what you can pick up in the hospital. I am being very cautious.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Poor Babe but thank goodness he finally got a room. Be sure to wear a mask when you visit, but I guess I don’t have to tell you that. Take care of yourself whilst Babe is being taken care of. Don’t spread yourself too thin. You could end up in the same place if you are also helping the younger folk out.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Sandy, so glad Babe got a room. Now to get busy feeling better. I trust they will do some swallow testing while he is there. Aspirating food or liquids can indeed result in pneumonia. My mom had that problem as she became increasing unwell.

Take care of yourself. Please!

Just got back from the dentist. I was the only person with a mask in the waiting room. 😷 No significant dental work needed. They do want me to start taking fluoride treatments. And no, I have no insurance for them and you cannot eat or drink much after the receiving the coating. At least not until evening. 🙃

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

qzxsafdbu2q7.jpeg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    cbih4f23ynby.jpg
    :) This is my latest knitting project sent to great granddaughter in Ohio. Next project is a similar blanket for her sister. Each girl chose her own colors. It's the same pattern I use for Project Linus

:)Sandy glad Babe got a room. Be sure to take care of yourself

<3 Barbie
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    A chilly but sort of sunny day. Thin thin clouds keep it from being a blue sky. But on rain so far.

I am not so sure I really like Walmart but as of now, when John and are sorting out John’s arthritis and osteoporosis meds etc. I think it best to stay close to home. No big tours through big box stores! I think John is getting better. He still refuses to do the stretches and exercises. But time might change his mind. These things as in the category of, one must decide how and if one recovers or at least gets better.

I got out the Christmas placemats and I ordered the holiday centerpiece for the dining room table. I put new batteries in the fairy lights and ordered more. We will not be putting up the big tree this year. But I have a small tabletop tree I will get out. That and fairy lights everywhere will make things “merry and bright.” Maybe a poinsettia, I wish I had Anne’s ability to grow things. I still am amazed at the one she grew from a sprout to tree!

Damon is coming again at the end of the week. He is also repairing a kitchen under counter lazy Susan. And laying down slip resistant mats for the front deck. I would not be able to find a more talented guy thanDamon. And he is so thoughtful. Our daughter and grandson have been devoted as well.

My heart goes out to you Sandy and your dear Babe.
    Patsy☘️
  • jacAth3
    Options
    It’s been a sunny but extremely cold day and I’m sure the temperature didn’t rise above zero. A bowl of porridge got me round a long walk with my dog walking friend David after we met in our usual car park and he transferred a tray of well established Wallflowers and Sweet William into my boot. We talk about all sorts except politics, which is good, and I do believe George is finally getting used to Hattie! Betty seemed to go into shock when I first took her outside and she shivered and threw up so I put a warm doggy coat on her before putting her in my car. The coat worked and she happily walked for over an hour. When I got back home I prepared chicken casserole for the slow cooker but not much else. Housework awaits my attention but will have to wait because I have a hair appointment in the morning and will get some groceries before coming home.

Sandy, goodness, what a long wait to get Babe settled but I’m glad you managed to get some sleep. Anne is right, you must look after yourself because if you wear yourself out you won’t be able to help anyone. I’m sure Rob will understand while Babe stays in hospital.

That’s a beautiful blanket Barbie and your great granddaughter certainly looks delighted with it!

Lin, I love that teapot Lin, in fact the whole room looks delightful.

Time for my bed. 💤 💤💤
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Talked to Babe this morning and they sponge bathed him and have him sitting in chair, finally some progress. I will bring him his razor and a mirror to shave which he will fight me on but he is looking scraggily. I also have requested a swallow test since he chokes a lot when eating. I will be heading back to hospital later this morning. Thank you for all your kind wishes and support. I am taking care of myself but it is tiring just sitting in the hospital 8 hours. I think I will start walking the halls every hour just to keep moving.

Have a good day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time