Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Sorry, I thought I managed a photo of the deck and got a huge photo of me instead, eliminated I hope.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    GM. Just woke up, thought it was 8:30 not 9:30. Called Babe he said his breathing was bad during night and fast response came in and upped his oxygen from 3 to he thinks 8, but I think 6. Took an x-ray and are giving him lasix again to remove fluid. Having angiogram this afternoon. Needless to say won’t be going to meeting.
    Prayers needed.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,078 Member
    Options
    Sandy, sorry for this news regarding Babe. Prayers sent. 🙏🏻❤️
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Ditto from me, Anne. So sorry.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,685 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Last night I set my washing machine to start a cycle to wash my bedding because the forecast was for a dry morning but guess what? Damp laundry hanging in my dining room! I walked with George and Betty on the moors anyway and bumped into another walker called Janet I hadn’t seen for months so we stopped to talk until I noticed Betty was shivering so insisted I walk on. Janet has taken my mobile number and we’ll meet up for coffee one day.

Sandy, you are in my thoughts. ❤️

Anne, yes the silly boy has now written a book of nonsense to follow on from his Netflix series full of much the same. His family won’t respond, quite rightly but we the public are getting sick of his whinging. One news presenter started his show saying William has won the Knock Down Ginger award for 2023 which made me laugh but more serious is his description of what his attitude was towards those he was apparently killing in Afghanistan which has now increased security risks not only for him but all Royals. A retired General has said he’s appalled that Harry is telling lies about his training before deployment so one wonders how many more untruths are being told!
    I do hope Maria is back too because I know how much you loved to chat with her. It brightens the day doesn’t it.

Ooh, a new series of a dog adoption programme about to start… don’t want to miss it so hello to everyone. Lovely to see Jeri drop in.

Jackie 🥰
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Another drippy here. And chilly as well! Had a very sleepless night. Not sure why, I was just in comfy and thought's just kept running through my rattled brain.

To day is trash day. I finally have all the Christmas debris discarded. It is so much fun putting it up and so sad taking it down. Ribbons, wrapping paper, dried evergreens and holly and other holiday plant material is now in the trash. I put up too much each year. But I do love it all!

Valentine’s Day next. Maybe I can be sensible this year. But don’t count on it. I was thinking again of giving the family long sleeve tee shirts with hearts on the front. Small hearts for those macho guys in the family. It might be funny to give the guys b,ack shirts with a small red heart on the pocket. I have so much fun thinking these things out, I often wonder if the receivers get even half the fun I do?

Stretches for me start before my foot hits the floor each morning. My doc suggested it. He mainly is a grouch and is heading for retirement but a change is daunting for John….who also has a mixed opinion of our doc. Further news about John. It appears that his issue might very well be a kind of odd stroke that caused dementia-like symptoms. He is making new neural pathways and his thinking is pretty good now. Memory is spotty but it always was! He walks okay but slow and sometimes he sort of shuffles along. This is good news! He is healing! He will be back to his stubborn, obcessive sweet adorable self very soon. Actually he is almost there.

Veggie soup and multi-grain cheese toast for dinner

I am a hopelessly curious about Harry and Meghan. What is their issue? What do you susposed

they assumed would be the reaction to their tell all interviews, docudramas and books?
    Hummmmmm a silly time waster even thinking about it!
    Patsy☘️
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I spent a very blah day. I broke a tooth just before Christmas and had a temporary cap out on. My dentist was going on vacation and not coming back til mid January. Part of the cap broke at Christmas and has been driving me crazy. My tongue getting cut and very sore. Yesterday I made appointment to get my tooth fixed by another dentist filling in for him. Good thing because I lost the whole temporary cap this morning. I am terrified of going to dentist. Don’t know why. Dentist eventually fixed my tooth while I sat there stressed to the max. He asked as I was leaving if I had any other plans - I said I was going home to cry and that is how I felt. Freezing finally out, feel much better.

Sandy - prayers for you and Babe. Hope the situation improves soon. Hugs.

Jackie - it’s good to get your comments on the whole matter going on. Nice to get a perspective from your side of the pond.

Patsy - glad to hear the news about John. I’m curious about Harry and Meagan too.

Have a good evening. Big hugs.

Jeri

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3
  • linder4866
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Cold, wet and damp again today. We may get some sunshine tomorrow which would be nice. I have been working on computer related things today. Little by little things will be straightened up. I read for a while (love the book I am reading.)

Jeri, I can understand the tension of going to a substitute dentist for a procedure. I am glad it is over and hope you are feeling okay now.

Jackie, did your laundry ever get dry? My grandmother had to do laundry on a schedule (she was employed to do the laundry of a local doctor when they used actual sheets on the tables and the doctors wore white coats). Rain or shine and she did not have a clothes dryer. She had nails hammered in the walls of the main floor of her house and would put up a clothes line all around the house and drape things over the lines. I kind of enjoyed zooming around the house ducking the clean laundry. 😁

Patsy, good for you! All decorations cleaned up. Wonderful! And already dreaming of Valentines Day. I spent some time sorting through papers, stamps and dies this afternoon. I haven’t come up with a design. To be continued!

Sandy, any progress with the results of Babe’s tests? I am concerned for your well-being. This seems like a lot of stress.

Anne, I hard bits and pieces of the Royal Soap Opera today. Any possibility Harry will stop whining soon? I am incredibly tired and disgusted with the continued moans. Have you actually seen your neighbor Maria? Could another family member be at the house packing some things up? And there was no photo from you. Darn!

Battery is running down…..

Be well everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

9ssmw195ahlw.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday :) The angiogram was a simple fast test that they were measuring for fluid. The doctor called and told me that they will continue with diuretics to reduce fluid and he and the kidney doctor will work together. They will confer about the numbers and then I hope they let us know. In talking to the nurse when I left last night she said with heart failure and it's a word she hates because it doesn't mean your heart failed but that is isn't beating properly. With that and the pneumonia and the amyloidosis the fluid can be coming from anywhere. Their concern is to get his breathing regulated which they are giving him steroids. I asked if he would go to skilled nursing from the hospital and she said yes and when I asked for how long she said usually for every day in the hospital it is 2 or 3 days in rehab which he is at 10 so probably for a month or longer. If this is true he will not be happy but it's probably the only way he will get stronger.
    So I am only going for a couple of hours today as it is Max's birthday and Lisa went back to work today.
    Rob wants to put together some big terrain vehicle they bought for him so they can give it to him when Lisa comes home. He wants me to distract Max from going into basement. I think they really want to distract me from going to the hospital so much. Either way it is fine and I will be happy to see the kiddos again.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    A cold rainy day today. Very wintery North Oregon coast. Listening ago a nice Mozart piece. Dry relaxing. But Iredell to get going. I many more little chores.

Tonight is cauliflower pizza night.it is always vegetarian, which is nice. Pretty low cal and no complaints from John. Even better!

We are watching the series Yellowstone. Brutal at times, but beautiful scenery and the ranch is so gorgeous. I can say, the ranch I grew up in was not that beautiful. Our ranch house was a huge old place that was full of People, very functional. Lots of laughing, radio was on at all times, the coffee pot was always perking. I had lots of cousins that were constantly with us. We also had a few milk cows so we had a milk room that was spotless and smelted like milk and tide soap. Happy memories.

Sandy: I understand wanting someone to help with Babe’s medical needs. John would not have flourished in a nursing facility. So we made do with various home nursing visits and some PT as well as frequent doctor visits and tests. Actually it has worked out nicely. He is greatly improved, we see our kids and Grandson very often. Little by little John is returning to doing little tasks that make him feel more independent. Like giving Katie fresh water twice a day! (.?) I mention this because some people need to be home for their health to prosper. I hope Babe can take advantage of the skilled staff at the nursing facility.

Lin: I have always enjoyed making family parties. Nothing too over the top. I used to have a Valentine party with a Valentine box like when I was a little girl in school. I had valentines for everyone and a small gift. You know I had fun picking out the gifts and making funny valentines. So my goal is to try for something like that. John will be pleased. And I think our family will enjoy it as well. I was thinking of pizza with mushrooms placed in a heart shape, with cherry compote as a dessert. And valentines!

Hello to all sneakers, Anne, Jackie, Barbie, Diane all of you sweethearts!
    Patsy☘️
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Not the best day. George has been unwell and our walk on the moors rapidly came to an end when he got into a mess with a runny tummy. I’ll spare you the details of trying to clean him enough to get him back into the car and home, then more washing and wiping!
    It’s rained most of the day and we are now experiencing power cuts because the wind is howling outside so I assume tree branches causing damage. Midnight so I’ll go to bed and hope things calm down.
    Hello all and goodnight.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello, another day evaporated! I am trying each day to unsubscribe from a few of the organizations that send me emails regularly. These are not spam but things I have signed up for over the years and never stopped reading them! It is time. Making a bit of progress each day. I have been looking through my email folders too. I found out my stress less recliner, which is looking a bit shopworn, is almost 10 years old. I went online to see the new styles, costs, and availability. Wow! None are available locally until mid-June, if you order and pay today. Interesting.

I got a bit of a shock today. I had talked to my banker and I decided where I wanted to plunk some of my money and she said she would send me the paperwork associated with the moves. Well, that has not shown up but surprise, all the money has been moved exactly as we discussed! So happy to have someone who always gets it right!

It was time to cook some more beans. And tomorrow I will start some more sprouts. My kind of cooking. 😂

Also tried a few more dies for the needed Valentines cards but once again, nothing clicked. I will keep at it. Tomorrow. ❤️❤️

Patsy, I love to hear about your past on the farm and all of your family celebrations. Your family is extremely lucky to have such a caring and creative person planning their fun. 🥳

Sandy, I am glad you are not living at the hospital. And I hope you kept Max away from the big surprise.

Hello everyone, Barbie, Jackie, Anne, Diane, Jeri. I haven’t seen any other posts. Hope everyone is well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

n87ey4rfocvz.jpeg

• Loveburg87
    Options
    Hi all, I didn’t make it yesterday because I was writing to my few remaining cousins. One of my 3 NY resolutions. The other two I’ve managed to keep so far! One being my tour of the house 3000 morning steps. I finally took the courage to leap on the scales. Oh my I was very naughty over Christmas, the result being I’ve written on the Sneaker “lose a pound a week” post now I’ve found it again, but I’m wondering if it’s still being used. Anyway I’m aiming to lose “half a pound a week”. Slow but steady being the aim before my next visit to Doctor Tim.

Sorry for poor George but especially for you JACKIE! The Bean was under the weather yesterday as well. Michael showed up and I made a huge shepherds pie with chicken rather than beef which I don’t like. I’ve enough left for two meals now I’m cutting back!

LIN, you are off to a good start in 2023. AND your bank lady as well.
    AND things are looking up for SANDY and PATSY.

I am very hopeful this will turn out to be a good year for us all, cross fingers.

All for now. Maria’s vanished again after spending two nights in her house. The government are taxing empty house owners to deter foreigners that just buy as an investment when we have a lack of houses crisis here. I would love her to come back for good but I’m wondering if she has the tax in mind instead and will remain in the end with her sister. Sad.

Anne.
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Hello Sneakers. The power cuts continued during the night and I know that because each time power was established the toilet machinator in my bedroom loo switched itself on with a loud grumble! When I got up it was off again so I checked the website of the power supply engineers which advised it should be on by 1030! Thankfully they fixed the problem just after 9am and so far, so good!
    George is very quiet but I took him with Betty round the block while it was dry and he’s now back in my bed, snuggled up on a blanket. No more mess so I will feed him this evening and keep fingers crossed.

I see we posted at the same time yesterday Lin. In answer to your previous enquiry, my laundry took over 24 hours to dry and air but with stove lit, it’s smelling fresh! We had aureus hanging from the kitchen ceiling when I was growing up and I know they are back in fashion because a friend who is having a new kitchen installed is excited about fitting one! Beautiful teapots, especially the apple with its blossom. Matches my apple sauce ceramic pot!
    lmk4addone9y.jpeg

Anne, my healthy eating resolution ended yesterday when I enjoyed a large slab of cake with my cuppa and a glass of wine in the evening. Blame it on the miserable day! I’ll happily join you on the pound a week page and will weigh myself in the morning. I think I will be horrified! It’s a shame our government doesn’t tax empty properties because we have a similar problem. I’m sorry you didn’t get to say hello to Maria but perhaps she will pop back occasionally to keep an eye on her home.

I need to light the wood burner because it’s pouring outside again so the air will soon become damp.
    Perhaps scrambled eggs on toast with eggs I bought at the supermarket this week. My chooks live their covered run but haven’t laid an egg in about 4 months!
    Jackie 🥰

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) It was great seeing the kiddos and their parents, I really missed them. Rob got the vehicle put together but I left before they showed it to Max. I thought that should be a family thing with just them since we are celebrating tomorrow. When I called Babe he said the lung doctor said the heart doctor said the fluid isn't a heart problem so they are back to treating pneumonia. I am never sure if Babe hears what the doctors tell him so I have to ask the nurse when I go today. He did say they started him on breathing treatment with some kind of machine that pours oxygen into his lungs.
    I am going to stay home for our family zoon call then go to hospital but leave early so I can go to 4:30 Mass. I am not sure if I will go at all tomorrow seeing as the party starts at 3:00. I might just want to take the morning for myself. Selfish??

Jackie, glad George is a little better and hopefully he can keep his food down. I haven't posted on pound a week club but started today thanks to Anne. I too, indulge in a glass of wine once home from the hospital just to sit and relax. Sorry about your power and hope it stays on, it must be annoying to hear your loo (love that word) go off and on.

Anne, thanks for the reminder of the pound a week club. I don't think we lose a pound a week, should I change it to a different name? I am sorry you lost one of your best friends now that Marie is staying with her sister. Perhaps a new friend with the people in Harry's old house?

Lin, I am trying to cut my hours at the hospital but then guilt kicks in. It is hard just sitting there for hours especially on my back. I am glad your banker was able to help you and get done what you wanted done.

Hello to everyone else, time to eat before the zoom call. Have a nice day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, taking a break from cutting and stamping little bears. Hopefully for my Valentines. You can tuck a little heart in between their tiny arms. We will see. It feels a bit like progress. 👍🏻👍🏻 Time will tell as I get more accomplished. Oh and I finished reading the murder mystery I had been slowly reading.

Sandy, how nice that you did see family yesterday. It sounds like you have had another busy day. What time is the party tomorrow? I hope you have a wonderful time!

Jackie, hoping George is feeling better. Poor little guy. 🥺 I am so sorry you are having power outages. So when the power comes on after an outage does that cause any problems with appliances or systems. Lots of things to reboot or update? A friend who is an electrician told me the most potential damage comes from brownouts and here in the states apparently some of our utilities don’t keep the grid in a steady state. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Glad the laundry finally dried!

Anne, what a nice routine you have set up for yourself! Well done. Does Jilly sleep while you walk? Or does she trot along with you? Maria may show up again. I hope so.

Hello Patsy, Diane, Jeri, Barbie and any other Sneakers who may have stopped by.

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

p9ghnn9crg4m.jpeg

• jwubben6600
    Options
    When your dog is sick, it knocks you back on your heels. We all know this. They are so sweet and defenseless. Quiet and looking to us for help. And we are trying everything we know to help. Jackie, we all are praying dear George is feeling better soon.

When Katie sick, I always wonder if I did something…inadvertently of course. It just upsets me so. I think John feels just as bad only he yells and demands answers, except we aren’t sure who has the answers.
    Patsy☘️
  • jacAth3
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Out came my scales this morning and of course they upset me by telling me I have gained nearly half a stone (7lbs) since I last weighed myself. Ignorance was bliss for a couple of months but now I must recognise I’m not comfortable nor am I happy with the look of my expanded waistband. This morning I’ve prepared a chicken casserole that will go nicely with steamed vegetables later today and now all the chocolates, cheese and wine are gone, there are no temptations! Since we have a weekly log of our weight I will begin next week and compare with today.

The weather continues to be unsettled with regular hefty rain showers but I managed to find a gap to walk George and Betty a short distance. Poor George was slow and when he did his business I could tell he was struggling, then he literally screamed and I saw blood in his poo so have kept the bag to show the vet tomorrow. I’m hoping it’s nothing more than a sign of haemorrhoids caused by him straining on Friday but you are right Patsy, I’m worrying I somehow caused it when cleaning the area. Sorry, TMI!!

I’ve phoned David to tell him his Wallflowers are now planted and also see how his hospital appointment on Friday went. He will have an MRI scan to see if changes have occurred in an area of his back they are keeping an eye on so they are being thorough and he’s doing his best to remain positive.

Lin, luckily not much was plugged in during the power cuts and because I can’t get on with my Apple computer it is currently hidden away in a dark cupboard. I’m planning to search for a Windows laptop that I’m sure I will get on with. It was just a matter of resetting clocks on heaters and the oven and trying to retune my so-called Smart tv that in fact gets horribly confused by power cuts. I still haven’t regained all channels but they are not important to me. An orange teapot! Is that the set do you think or might a tomato or lemon be out there? 😁

No Sandy, you are the least selfish person I know so please give yourself a break. ❤️

Time to do something constructive although I’m not sure what. Tonight we have the 2nd episode of Happy Valley so I’ll be watching it instead of a certain prince’s tacky whinging!

Happy Sunday.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Oh JACKIE, I’m so sorry for poor little George. I hope he is on the mend. Jilly gets a bit constipated occasionally and my trick is the give her a very small piece of RAW chicken and that gets things moving smoothly again.

Sympathy sent for the weight gain. I didn’t mention what I had gained but it was 5 lbs. So far I’m still sticking to my walk around and two other new year resolutions.

Mike is supposed to be coming over for lunch so I’ve made carrot, onion and tarragon soup to go with a vegetarian pizza. Oh he’s just phoned to say he’s on his way.

I got an email from my cousin Judith in Otley. Yorkshire. She’s in her late 70s and has a very lively cocker spaniel puppy. She thought her and her husband were too old but caved in because Eric wanted the puppy so much. I don’t think she realized how old I am with Jilly the Bean! A bit of bad news though for her, Heart problems but she’s learning to ignore it now she’s not worrying about keeling over. That was my third NY resolution - keep contact with my remaining five first cousins now we are all long in the tooth with me leading the pack.

Here’s a photo of Hobbes the giant Puss. It’s me practising actually so maybe I can start showing the deck etc.
    Anne.
    zw73l6l31h82.jpeg