Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,047 Member
    Good evening. The snow missed us today! Yippee! Just some flakes and rain. Other parts of the state did get snow and some schools were closed. I spoke with several friends, watched a live YouTube, and pretty much the rest of the day and evening has been devoted to working on Easter cards. Tomorrow will be more of the same.

Patsy, I hope an appointment with a cardiologist will be helpful. Best wishes to everyone in your family. Changes are often quite upsetting.

Anne, congratulations on your good news. 👍🏻❤️👍🏻

Jackie, ah, a seed swap. Now that sounds jolly. Of course, sitting in a sunny spot with delicious treats doesn’t sound bad either!

Sandy, I am glad you got to your meeting today. A bit of your normal schedule. Great! I hope everything went well today.

Hello Barbie, Diane, and Jeri!

Wishing everyone well.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

npv3alfrmpsq.jpeg

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Ooh, that’s a gorgeous teapot Lin!
    A chilly start to my morning but more laundry hanging out to dry and a long walk over the moors when I did my best to keep up a steady pace. Of course George took a couple of different trails but I knew he would find me easily now the bracken has died back, leaving open countryside. Few walkers up there and certainly no one I knew. A delivery of a new rug was put off until Monday but then at 7 am rescheduled for this afternoon so thankfully I hadn’t changed my plans for the afternoon. Some washing up to be sorted then I’ll wrap up in a warm fleece and head for my garden.

Wishing everyone a safe and warm day.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,002 Member
    Happy Friday! :) Babe is being moved back to the skilled nursing rehab facility this morning. It is a beautiful sunny day so hope all goes well. I will be leaving shortly to go to hospital.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Good morning or afternoon as the case might be. I’m washing and having an onslaught cleaning the house in time for the weekend, but why am I bothering because Mark was talking of coming over and sanding down the downstairs walls!

Just wanted to say PATSY that you are so right about me over analyzing things. I don’t know about the intelligent bit though because if I WAS intelligent I’d pack it in! Maybe you should have been a therapist after all seeing you recognized my unfortunate trait and just from reading my scribbles!
    Good idea about the cardiologist and I’m so impressed as well with your lovely son and daughter. Our children have turned out to be marvellous now that we are starting to need them. Mark accompanies me to doctor Tim’s and Mary Jo drives us there and carries on to do a few groceries before returning to drive me home. She picked me up some fish for my lunch as well.
    SANDY, light at the end of the tunnel hopefully. Hang in there.

Coffee finished and I will toddle off to cook pasta and veggies for todays lunch.

ANNE. ❤️
  • linder4866
    Good evening. I spoke with several different friends today. I hadn’t been in touch with either of them for some time so there were 2 long conversations today. It was quite nice even though I didn’t get much accomplished. That’s okay.

Anne, Mark may be sanding this weekend? I hope you didn’t bother to do much cleaning in anticipation of that event. I hope you have a good weekend.

Sandy, wahoo, good news! I hope Babe is settled in now and that you are at home—sleeping in your own bed.

Jackie, did your laundry dry naturally today or did you have to move it back indoors and hang it up to finish drying? And how are you liking your new rug?

Again, hoping everyone well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

thzqef6fzczz.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    We are home after another long walk and I’m enjoying a porridge late breakfast and mug of coffee. The window cleaner arrived just after lunch yesterday and within an hour a mist rolled in, followed by rain so yes Lin, the washing is still hanging on my airier in the dining room after a night in front of a glowing fire. Considering the rug was relatively cheap it is looking smart and the colours perfectly match those already in the room. Betty is a bit thrown with the fireside rug being moved into my snug but she’s found a spot under a dining chair that I think will be her new favourite!

Oh dear, the battery is low so I will have to plug in and return later. On top of the moors I watched as a thick sea mist rolled inland and It’s now grey outside so a good time for housework. I will check back later in the day.
    Jackie 🥰
  • jacAth3
    edited February 2023
    Oops!
  • Sandydur
    edited February 2023
    Happy Saturday! :) Babe is in rehab but still weak and has lost 14 pounds do to being on pureed food which he hates. I will bring him a milkshake today. Hopefully they can get him stronger with some therapy but his dizziness is a big factor.

Enjoy your day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited February 2023
    Good ending. Another day of working on Easter cards (making a bit of progress) and watching the news again. I cannot believe another unknown object has been shot down. Three in a week??!!

I hope everyone is well. I don’t see posts for today. Argh!

Back tomorrow.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

9llxvj09vxkh.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    edited February 2023
    Brrr, I’m sure it’s not supposed to be as cold as it feels! It’s gone 10am but we haven’t walked yet. Betty has eaten breakfast and Dentastix while George took his stick back upstairs to the spare room so I’m going to take them round the block later. It’s definitely not a day for gardening so having hoovered and dusted downstairs yesterday, I will disturb George and carry on with housework upstairs today.

That’s another cute teapot Lin that looks Nordic with its little houses, fir trees and shooting stars! If we learnt one thing with the shooting down of the cylindrical UFO’s it’s that any friendly visitors from afar won’t be welcomed warmly!

I struggled to do much online yesterday and although I thought MFP had issues, came to the conclusion it could have been my iPad. When I do take the pooches out I will leave it to upload any new updates so if I disappear we’ll all know why! 🫣

A cheery Diana Ross is singing Ain’t no mountain high enough on the radio. 🎵🎶🎶🎵🎶

Happy Sunday everyone. Hang in there Sandy. ❤️
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    edited February 2023
    Good morning everyone. I didn’t appear yesterday partly because there really wasn’t anything going on and partly because the old tum wasn’t at its sparkling best. The doctor wanted me to take some powder to make sure nothing was lurking in my bladder. I’m convinced there was nothing but even the pharmacist said when I remarked I didn’t need it that the doctor was just making sure I was on the right track. TMI but the bathroom was certainly on the right track!

Mike is coming over today but I’ll make sure I’m better before having him over.

Did a lot of reading yesterday. For instance - Balloons hovering above us. I can’t imagine they are spying on our defence bases because any outsiders can get that info from satellites. They are not manned so the airforce boys are having a lot of practice shooting them down. Maybe just the Russians or Chinese having a bit of fun?

TV. Oh my goodness. Yesterdays offering was Bonanza! My dad has been gone 53 years and he used to watch it! Gary Coopers fishing trip! I think Mr. Cooper hasn’t been with us either for a long time and in the meantime there is a shortage of fish! Soccer, Bournemouth and some other lesser known team playing them. You will gather why I am finding balloons more interesting!

So - the porridge will have cooled down by now and I hope you all have a more interesting day.

ANNE. 🌷🌷🌷🪐🌷🌷🌷
  • Sandydur
    Happy Sunday! :) I went to Mass yesterday so having a leisurely morning. Will be visiting Babe after lunch and be home in time for the Super Bowl as I am in a few pools.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Sandydur
    Babe back in hospital. Admitted to ICU because of breathing.
  • linder4866
    edited February 2023
    Hello.

Sandy, oh no! Horrible that Babe had to go back to the hospital. He cannot seem to stay stabilized out of the hospital setting. 😢❤️

Anne, I hope you had a good day and visit with Mike.

Jackie, another cold day for you. Argh. Did you get a little walk? I did some dusting today and ended up coughing and coughing. Aching lungs. Ouch. Oh, did you see Dan posted that they are going to travel to Scotland?

I watched online church, worked on Easter cards again and then, my gosh, watched Puppy Bowl and flipped to the news—another object shot from the skies. Soon we will call it our daily shoot down. Right?

Be safe everyone. Texting with friends now.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

0b0mgme1b6ar.jpeg

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Babe back in hospital. Admitted to ICU because of breathing.

Oh dear, so sorry. Big hugs.

Jeri

• Sandydur
    Babe still on Bipap breathing machine but numbers are going up and he is alert, so all good signs.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Oh SANDY dreadful time for you two. So very sorry you are going through this with poor Babe.

I thought we were in for a quiet day yesterday, but no. Mike didn’t show up LIN because he decided I had Corvid from the doctors office and he couldn’t catch it for a third time with his job being so busy, I explained every living soul at the doctors was up to their eyebrows in masks and disinfectant liquid. Of course I haven’t got the dreaded lurgy. No matter, Mark and Mary Jo turned up instead. Mark did a temporary prop up job on the fence while the weather was remarkably warm and me and MJ took Bean for a long walk. BUT the main reason they came was to show me an electric car they had ordered on Thursday and received on Saturday. Mary Jo is very keen on saving the environment that’s why they chose electric. Me too for that matter.

Well, time to move the butt. I noticed some folk think the balloons are sent by aliens. THAT would stop all the fighting wouldn’t it!

ANNE

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Sandy hugs to you and Babe💖🌻🌞🙂
  • jacAth3
    MFP page just went crazy for no apparent reason and lost my post! I’ll just say I’m so sorry Sandy, this is a horrible rollercoaster ride for you and Babe right now. Thinking of you! ❤️

I can’t repeat everything except it’s been a freezing day and even with fires lit and a throw over my knees I can’t get warm. My feet are like blocks of ice and both dogs are curled up either side of me so they are feeling the same. It’s supposed to be milder tomorrow but I won’t hold my breath!

Jackie 🥰

• linder4866
    Hello friends.

Sandy, I have been thinking of you and wondering if Babe is doing better this afternoon. Hugs and best wishes.

Jackie, ugh, a cold day. I understand the frozen feet issue in cold weather. We are having a break of warmer weather again today. Almost 60 degrees F. Dan posted a few photos on Instagram. Yes, he is wearing a kilt. 🙃

Anne, gosh, sorry that Mike thought you had Covid. I don’t really understand that. Nice that you visited with Mark and M.J. I imagine Jilly was thrilled!

I have been quite busy today with laundry and a number of accounts that needed to be updated, annual payments in some of them and had to sign up for access to a legal software app so my attorney/tax accountant can share documents, bills, etc. securely. I hope I wrote down the correct password!

Well, today is Galentine’s Day according to many people. The day before Valentine’s Day for gal pals to wish each other well. ❤️❤️

Be safe my friends.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

bbxr38ax2qnl.jpeg