Where is the coolest place you have ever been?

12346»

Replies

• SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Pacific Rim National Park on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada... and on the way there, Cathedral Grove. A temperate rainforest with huge trees. It's really amazing.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    I'm partial to the sunsets in Key Largo, Florida,(my hometown). Rome is lovely too.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Tubing on the comal river in new braunfels texas

13854013621.jpg
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    ive been to Germany and also Amsterdam .. those are the only 2 cool places ive been other then that i dont get out much lol
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Just all depends on what you like to do and what you feel like spending.
    Furnace Creek Resort Death Valley, CA. is awesome. Poolside bungalow suite. Old school awesome. Check it out. online.
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Grand Tetons, Glacier National Park, Bryce Canyon, Denali in the USA
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Rome

Being a certified Roman history nerd....this is way at the top of my list if places to go....very jealous, hope you had a great time!

• LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    I think Aruba has been the best place i have ever been to. I would go back in a heartbeat. It is the #1 island for repeat visitors . If you go there you will want to go back.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I loved Avignon.

The old town has been preserved pretty much intact, complete with ramparts. It felt like stepping into a time machine (but with indoor plumbing).

Nature-wise, I think my favourite hike was in Piatra Craiului but I love all hills and mountains.

Sea-wise, I liked Cape Cod a lot (once I figured out where you could and couldn't swim).
  • DrewInPR
    DrewInPR Posts: 16 Member
    The coolest place I have ever been, as in a vacation, is Maui ... So nice and relaxing. The coolest place I have ever been inside is the cockpit of a 787 for a landing in Rockford, Ill.
  • avoidtheclapp107
    avoidtheclapp107 Posts: 49 Member
    Savannah, GA! It's so amazing.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Road trip! Enjoy LA and all that it has to offer and then drive up Pacific Coast Highway from Morrow Bay to Monterey. It's gorgeous.

5867106-Twisty_roads_for_hours_Big_Sur.jpg?version=2

My wife and I regularly vacation in Paso Robles, CA. The wine tasting is affordable and amazing (the college kid's Napa / Sonoma) and is ridiculously close to the coast and all of it's goodies. See the Hearst Castle, the 101 Freeway, NorCal is beautiful with it's Sequoias and Redwoods.

I'm pretty partial to the Oregon coast and that stretch of the 101 freeway. Also the Mt. Hood area is gorgeous just about any time of the year.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    There are so many cool places on this planet. Here are two of my favorites: Point Lobos State Reserve, Carmel, CA., and Anza Borrego Desert State Park, Ca.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Vancouver,
    London,
    New Orleans
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    edited October 2014
    Bhutan was probably the most serene / off the beaten track place I have ever been.

This year's trip to New Zealand was amazing though. South Island in particular!

fwiw, I have vacationed to 26 different countries.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Paris Germany Tucson Arizona
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    My current home Colorado Springs! I Love it here!!!
    colorado-springs-450.jpg
  • Junin De Los Andes, Argentina
  • Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    Atlantis. Ok, never been there. I've gone to a small town in Guerrero Mexico and swam in the ocean at this small island that used to have a chapel, and you have to climb onto this little cliff edge and jump down into the waves. So cool...
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Florence. Just because of the history, the people, the food.