Would you sell your pet for $140,000?

1234568»

Replies

• drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    nope. no amount of money to give up my pets. no way no how. (we have two rabbits BTW). they are priceless.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    NO. $#!t no, h3ll no, f##k no. My cats are part of our family. I don't sell my family. Screw the money, I work for a living.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Considering my cats really don't give a crap about me (newsflash people: cats are indifferent to humans, someone feeds them and they like them just as much as they ever liked you), sure I would. I would miss them but knowing they don't care would make it okay.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    edited December 2014
    You mean my cat that's currently walking up and down the hall crying because there's a door closed. The cat that bites and scratches us because he can. Who when not getting his way will throw your drink on the floor and give you the "what you gonna do about it" look. Who randomly attacks company, viciously. Who picks fights with the rottweiler but can't hold his own?

And the rottweiler who has really bad gas, like something died. Who barks at nothing. Who doesn't like other animals, so future pets are out of the question until her time is up. Who is going blind. Who is starting to act like the grouchy old she is?

Never. They are my pain in the *kitten*, good for nothing pets, who will be loved until they die and then missed terribly.

It's hard to grasp the idea that people would. But to each their own.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    " I would die before losing my dogs"............."I'd resort to prostitution".........."no money is worth the bond with my pets"...........you folks are either delusional or wealthy...........with $140k sitting right in front of you, that little creature would be gone gone gone

Why delusional? Because I'm content to live with what I have?

Also, that's a cute kid there in your profile pic? Would you sell it for 140K?

Yeah, that's how I feel about my cats.

You might not agree with it, but that's how *I* feel about them.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    I would in a heartbeat. Probably even do it for less. But, I'm not a "pet lover" type person. At all. Animals are possessions, not family members. No worries to the pet lovers of MFP--I purposefully will not own pets for the reason that I would make a HORRIBLE pet parent (obviously).

• _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited December 2014
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    " I would die before losing my dogs"............."I'd resort to prostitution".........."no money is worth the bond with my pets"...........you folks are either delusional or wealthy...........with $140k sitting right in front of you, that little creature would be gone gone gone

Why delusional? Because I'm content to live with what I have?

Also, that's a cute kid there in your profile pic? Would you sell it for 140K?

Yeah, that's how I feel about my cats.

You might not agree with it, but that's how *I* feel about them.

so your argument is "would I sell my kid" ?? cat people lol!!!

• Gawanne79
    Gawanne79 Posts: 11 Member
    Of COURSE you wouldn't sell your cute little one, but why would you sell your little ones pet if there was one?
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    I am a Dog person and absolutely love my little man.
    But for $140k? Smooch on the head and best wishes, boy!

gbq1fa25f8yo.jpg
    B.JPG 67.3K
  • Gawanne79
    Gawanne79 Posts: 11 Member
    Pet loving Story coming up if you'd rather skip. It's Wartime Britain. We kept chickens to help the egg rationing, and one lone rooster, Percy. Percy was a vicious bird. One day he attacked 4 yr old me. Mom mopped up the blood and decided Percy's time was up. The man next door, a WW1 veteran, wrung Percy's neck. Mom and I plucked him and Percy was put in the oven. On Christmas Day dinner, we all sat around the table, and we all looked at brown, nude Percy with sage and onion stuffing oozing out of his bum. We all gagged. I cried, I'd caused Percy's demise and the man next door got a nice Christmas roasted bird. Moral of the story, don't bite the leg of the one you've fed (and avoided) for 3 years. Chickens by the way, if allowed to live out their lives, live for about 9 years.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    edited December 2014
    Never, ever, ever! And I'd smack the person for even asking. My bond with my little papillon is insane. He's a spoiled brat, wakes me up every morning for food and to play with him as he falls back asleep, thinks he's the boss of me, will take a poop anywhere he feels like it... on the other hand, he depends on me for everything, will lay his head on my lap and just gaze into my eyes, always wants to be in the same room as me, loves to play and try to trick me. He's my most valuable possession. You can have my house, my $1000s of dollars of photography equipment, my car, my money. You can't have my dog. I could become destitute and homeless and he'd be right there with me, living in a cardboard box.
  • rdmitche1
    rdmitche1 Posts: 400 Member
    I would sell mine, throw in the neighbors dog that won't stop barking for free!