I will spend 5 minutes in meditation
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    losingrae wrote: »
    Rejoining after a long hiatus:

Just for today 12/29
    I will log what I eat
    I will spend 5 minutes in meditation

SO glad to have you back! I am going to start a new thread January 1st, as this one is getting pretty full. But I love so much reading everyone's goals for just a day!
  • mytime6630
    morkiemama wrote: »
    I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! :smiley:

I just got restarted this weekend after weighing myself for the first time in many months. I went through some life stress and a break-up (the relationship lasted for over 4 years), so I expected a gain. However, I was not prepared for being only 5lbs shy of my lifetime highest weight. :'(

This seems like something manageable and encouraging to get me started again, so thank you for doing this!

Just for today 12/29/14 I will:

1. Lift/workout with my trainer
    2. Stay within my calories
    3. Complete a cardio workout

Sorry to hear about your breakup - that has got to be very hard. But time now to take care of yourself, and so glad you joined us. A new year, a new start, one day at a time!
  • SLVUnit
    SLVUnit Posts: 21 Member
    Has anyone looked up eric berg....loads of YouTube posts..so educational. Really helped me see the need for no sugar...did 7 weeks on fruit n veges lost 3.5kgs
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    29/12
    1, log everything I eat :)
    2.Stay inside the calorie limit :)
    3.no eating after 7pm :)
    4. no chocolates :)
    5. plenty of water :)
    6. Jillian day 6,boxing, running,kettle bell(I exercise a fair bit) :)

Just for today 30/12

1. log everything I eat
    2. Stay within calorie limit
    3. No chocolates
    4. Plenty of water
    5. No eating after 7pm
    6. walk for 300 minutes

Thanks for warm welcome and a success yesterday lets hope we all succeed today:)
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Just for today 12/30

Log everything I eat
    Do 5 minutes of meditation
    Remember that this is a change, not a diet and not be in a hurry to drop this weight. Let it come off slowly as I learn how to make the proper choices.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    morkiemama wrote: »
    I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! :smiley:

I just got restarted this weekend after weighing myself for the first time in many months. I went through some life stress and a break-up (the relationship lasted for over 4 years), so I expected a gain. However, I was not prepared for being only 5lbs shy of my lifetime highest weight. :'(

This seems like something manageable and encouraging to get me started again, so thank you for doing this!

Just for today 12/29/14 I will:

1. Lift/workout with my trainer :)
    2. Stay within my calories :)
    3. Complete a cardio workout :(

Overall, I did well yesterday. Unfortunately, I got off work late and was unable to fit in a cardio session. I am going to try to make up for it today by doing 1 hour instead of 30 minutes!

Just for today 12/30/14 I will:

1. Stay within my calories
    2. Complete 1 hour of cardio
    3. Snack on healthy options
  • morkiemama
    joan6630 wrote: »

3. GIVE UP DIET SODA!!

Giving up soda is going to be hard, but I am really wanting to give this up. I drink a diet pepsi in the morning to get my caffeine (I am not a coffee drinker!) So. for one day at a time, I am really going to work on this! ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO DO THIS, OTHER THAN COLD TURKEY!!

The only other option besides cold turkey is to taper and replace. If you only drink 1 can a day, that means you would drink only partial cans. Eventually, you would stop drinking completely. Flat pop personally doesn't bother me, so I would save the other portion for the next day. However, if flat pop isn't your thing this may not be an option for you.

Good replacements for the fizz are carbonated waters or flavored seltzers. As for the caffeine kick, you could switch to black tea. It has less caffeine than pop though.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Just for today 31/12/15
    1. Run at least 5 miles
    2. stay within my calories
    3. no eating after 7pm
  • morkiemama
    joan6630 wrote: »

Sorry to hear about your breakup - that has got to be very hard. But time now to take care of yourself, and so glad you joined us. A new year, a new start, one day at a time!

Thanks <3

So true and I am glad that you made this thread! We got this! :D

• kyungs
    kyungs Posts: 66 Member
    Just for today.. 12/31/14
    1. grocery shop for healthier alternative snacks
    2. remember that if I indulge, every minute can be a new start
    3. no aspartame today
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member

Just for today 30/12

1. log everything I eat :)
    2. Stay within calorie limit :)
    3. No chocolates :)
    4. Plenty of water :)
    5. No eating after 7pm :)
    6. walk for 300 minutes :)

Just for today 31/12

1.Log everything I eat
    2.No chocolates
    3. Plenty of water
    4. No eating after 7pm
    5. walk for an hour
    6. stay within calorie limit

Good luck today
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    Just for today stay under my calorie limit and understand how to keep discussions on mfp bookmarked :)
  • losingrae
    12/31 Just for today:

Do 5 minutes meditation
    Log everything I eat
  • losingrae
    Joan - when you start a new thread tomorrow, can you please put the link to it in this thread to send people that way. :) I always get here by going to my notifications reminder.
  • mytime6630
    I missed yesterday again - spent a lot of time laying down trying to get better! But I enjoy reading so much you guys' posts!

Today is the last day of 2014. It is also the anniversary of meeting my husband 42 years ago! Yes - we met on New Years Eve on a blind date!!

So I have a steak for each of us, and goodies planned. A quiet nite at home.

So, just for today

1. I will not let the past week's weight gain stop me from staying on plan. Too much orange juice, loaded in calories, and no exercise!
    2. I will stop and reflect on my many blessings of the past year, and be so thankful for my health.
    3. I will keep focused on getting more healthy.

• mytime6630
    losingrae wrote: »
    Joan - when you start a new thread tomorrow, can you please put the link to it in this thread to send people that way. :) I always get here by going to my notifications reminder.

I will send the link soon. I hope many will join us!!!
  • mytime6630
    kyungs wrote: »
    Just for today.. 12/31/14
    1. grocery shop for healthier alternative snacks
    2. remember that if I indulge, every minute can be a new start
    3. no aspartame today

I really love your quote that "if I indulge, every minute can be a new start"!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Since this thread has gotten so full, I have started a new thread for the month of January. I hope you guys will join me. I am so inspired reading so many of your goals for just a day at a time.

I gained over the holidays, so I am really hoping to get back on track!!

Here is the link to the new discussion. I did not do this as a "group" because I would like as many as would like to post.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10039733/would-anyone-like-to-join-me-for-a-just-for-today-goals-for-the-month-of-january?new=1
  • thultisu
    thultisu Posts: 11 Member
    Just for today is an excellent idea.