On October 8th, we launched major forum updates and its been quite a week! I want to thank everyone who has provided their feedback. We have heard from many of you what you love, hate, don't get, and think needs to be fixed. We have been working hard behind the scenes to collect your feedback, prioritize major bugs and problems, and get going on important fixes, features and updates.
Bugs that are being fixed:
Improvements that are in the works:
- Update - this bug has now been fixed. Content missing from groups > Group owners have reported missing topics, we are investigating this issue and hope to have this content available again ASAP
- Group leaders missing moderation abilities such as Edit/Delete for replies
- Update - this bug was fixed but has been pulled back as the fix caused other issues, to be resolved again soon. Group bookmarks/notifications aren’t working
- Update - this bug has now been fixed. "All Discussions" in groups only shows 1 page of discussions.
- Update - this bug has now been fixed. Some new users unable to post in the community (login issue)
- Direct links and mentions aren't currently working as hyperlinks. Note: mentions are 1/2 working... they will generate a notification but aren't linked.
- Update - this bug has now been fixed. Timestamps on notifications are appearing intermittently
- Update - this bug has now been fixed. Some users avatar image is "stuck" and not updating with their profile image
- Load time for bookmarks is incredibly long
- Deep linking issues on the web in mobile devices; i.e. click on the avatar and get pushed to the app store, option to cancel but then redirected to the newsfeed instead of the profile page.
- Some images appearing in landscape on the web when they were uploaded and viewed correctly as portrait on the mobile device.
What’s up with Mobile?
- Update - Fonts have been increased, avatars have been made bigger, and the white space has been reduced. Overall style changes to make the fonts bigger and reduce white space on the page
- Coming Soon! Group search
- Now Available! Ability to view “My Groups” from the main forum page
- Coming Soon! Ability to view “My Posts” not just “My Discussions” > Please use bookmarks to follow discussions and receive notifications when someone replies to your post.
- Coming Soon! Ability to ignore users
- Now Available! Ability to preview posts
- Community (Message boards and Groups) are now available in the Android app.
- Community (Message boards and Groups) are coming soon to the iOS app
- If you are currently viewing the mobile theme with an iOS 8 device and want to view the desktop theme instead, please follow these instructions: To view the desktop view of our the site, tap the address bar to bring up your bookmarks and recent history. Then swipe down to reveal some hidden options at the top, including a new option to Request Desktop Site. Tap Request Desktop Site and Safari will reload the website with the full desktop layout that you’d see when browsing on your Mac or PC.
Again thanks to everyone for providing feedback on the forum updates - we will keep you posted on bug statuses and improvements planned for future releases.